CONTEST Contest: The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrome soft for me... since I always miss right, cutting down on some spin would make them less severe than the CSX

Entry.....

I have golfed Chrome Soft balls for years, I have bought other balls in the past based off of hype, distance, and control. But they always seem to come up short to the CS. For me it creates more distance, but has excellent control 100 yards and in. Even though the CSX sounds intriguing I think I will always just stick with regular CS.

ChromeSoft for me! Soft enough for me to compress giving me that little extra off the club face, Great durability to endure that 1 or 2 (ok 3) errant shots off the cart path... Tremendous feel and spin green side, and with TT that visual alignment for putting puts it over the top.

Entry:
I play the Chrome Soft, because it spins when you want it to, and doesn’t spin when you don’t want it to... Somehow, they have made The Ball that changed The Ball even better...

Entry:

My swing is a tweener. I’m neither fast nor slow. I can use all the green side help and elevation in my ball fight as possible. The CS is that ball that suits me best and sure to elevate my game.

My pick is the Chrome Soft X in yellow. I've been playing it for a while now and it fits my game perfectly.
The right softness, good spin when I want it and distance is not a problem for this gem.

Next week is going to be ....

Entry:

The Chrome Soft in Yellow Truvis is the ball for me. My swing is more deliberate, lately, and I can count on both the distance and the spin exactly when I need it. The ball that changed the ball just changed the ball......AGAIN!

Been a fan of the Yellow Truvis since it came out. I haven't tried the CSX yet and according to the ball selector the CS is best for me so would probably stick with it. But need to get through the other mixed 20+dz in garage.

Still haven't been able to find any csx balls locally but will still shoot my shot.

Entry:
I will choose the chrome soft X. The prior generation had potential so I would like to see the feel be a bit firmer and better control with spin. Reviews to this point have all been very positive and intriguing enough in improvement to play again.

Chrome Soft with Triple Track is my ball of choice. What else can one say when you have confidence off the tee and around the greens that your ball will react as planned(minus operator error:confused:). Increased ball speed and Triple Track help me navigate from tee to green!

Callaway Supersoft is perfect for my lower swing speed (under 70). Love the feel of it as it sails off my driver. Unlike most softer balls, this one has true stopping power on the greens. My chip shots stick rather than go sailing off the green. Thanks Callaway!

When I took up golf again last year, the Chrome Soft was recommended. I tried a couple of sleeves before switching around to other brands to see if they would improve my game. I am currently playing a couple of brands' balls which are probably meant for my swing of 20 years ago and think it's time to give the Callaways another try. I'm going to give them a go on Monday in our Men's league tourney......Here's the verdict. The Chrome Soft was longer off the tee on my best drives than the Pro V1 or the BRX, equivalent with iron play and putting. Nice soft feel, which is a must for me. I'll be adding some to the bag!

Last edited:
Mini Review of the Chrome Soft, which would be my preferred ball of the two, based on my round yesterday:

Ball produces a nice solid, firm feel on full swing shots with seemingly lower spin than many other tour level balls. Distance, for me, is on par with other balls in it's class. Short game and putting is where I really sense the soft feel of the ball.

I have been playing Callaway balls for years. Supersofts in winter, Chrome softs and Chrome soft X's in summer. All great balls. For some reason, I play better with the Chrome soft x ball. I hit it longer and straighter off the tee and much better with wedges and short irons.

Entry:

I have not played Callaway balls since the Blue Dots, which were amazing back in the day. I would choose Chrome soft x, because the profile is closest to my current gamer.

Hopefully, I can have the opportunity to be converted, and share my experience.

As a senior golfer with age related flexibility issues I wanted a golf ball that gave me both distance and good feel around the green. The Callaway Chrome does that. A combination of a sturdy cover, excellent distance even with swing speeds below 80 mph, and great feel make this ball a winner.

As a senior golfer with age related flexibility issues I wanted a golf ball that gave me both distance and good feel around the green. The Callaway Chrome does that. A combination of a sturdy cover, excellent distance even with swing speeds below 80 mph, and great feel make this ball a winner.

I just put the CS Triple Track in play this past weekend. It feels great off all clubs, has a penetrating flight for me and it's a good bit longer for me than the prior model. Great performance around the green!! It is a great ball!!

Official Entry:

The Chrome Soft X is absolutely the ball for me. You can talk all about the distance off the tee, but the iron consistency is where it's at. Being able to dial in the approach yardage? Birdie putts ALL DAY!

I have not been able to try the 2020 Chromesoft X yet but the previous years versions had always played well. I like the soft feel of the ball, it provides good distance off the tee, good stopping power on approach shots and great greenside spin. A great all around ball.

My ball of choice from the Callaway Collection is the Chrome Soft. It gives me everything I want in a ball. Spin, durability, feel, distance and playability. The only thing left is for me to hit the ball properly and grin at the results.

The Chrome Soft is the ball I have been using Th is season. I tend to gravitate toward a softer ball. I like the feel off the shorter clubs and the putter. I also like how this has less spin on my drives.

Official Entry:

Loved the 2019 CSX TT and the 2020 CSX TT appears to have improved upon an already excellent ball. After a few rounds the 2020 CSX TT is long of the tee with short game control. Bonus for having the best alignment aid in golf with Triple Track!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back