CONTEST The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip, Fitting and More

Entry:

My favorite Callaway irons I have played are the Apex CF16's. I love the ball flight they produce, and when hitting the sweet spot, you almost feel no impact off the face. Would love to try the new Big Bertha's though. :)

Good luck to everyone entering! Can’t wait to follow along with this event!

The Mavrik Pros are EASILY my favorite irons from Callaway. The Mavrik Pros satisfy the internet golfer in me with their beautiful, player preferred shape. At the same time, all the incredible technology they have developed into these irons could help my real mid-handicap game on the course.

Good luck everyone!!

Thanks to both THP and Callaway Golf for the opportunity to be included in such a great event!

Entry:
My favorite Callaway irons are the Mavrik Standard. The AI designed Flash Face Cup technology offers amazing forgiveness and launch, and the inclusion of urethane microspheres produces incredible feel while absorbing unwanted vibration. The melding of all Callaway's technology results in the best performing, sweetest feeling irons I've ever hit.

I LOVE my CF19s. The look, the performance, the SOUND and the feel. These irons have helped me make serious improvement in my game. Even when you hit a little fat, they knife through the turf and provide good contact. When struck cleanly, the reward is perfect ball flight.

Get those entires IINNNNNN!

Entry:

Apex Pro19 irons.

Played them all of last season. Sold them prior to Christmas for financial reasons. Loved the setup, clean looks and feel. Cup face in the longer irons added power, forgiveness where needed. Shot six under in nine holes and tied my lowest round ever with them (twice).

Thank you for the Chance at the Contest.....

ENTRY:

I never owned a set of Callaway irons, i have played some. The best i hit was the X Forged that belonged to my friend. Playing along and hitting some shots from mine then his, they were SOLID and the ball flew. I wish I could get a set......

Entry:

Callaway X-22 irons were my first ever golf purchase. Started going to the range with a friend when I was between jobs, and have been in love with the game ever since. Great memories tied to learning about the game with that set.

My favorite Callaway irons are the Epic Forged. They are perfect for my game because I do not need to carry one longer than a 6i and they allow you to have a five or six wedge setup which puts a scoring club in my hand more often than not.

Apex 19 pro combo, my Callaway sweet spot. I've hit demos of these, Apex MB, and Mavrik Pro. Apex 19's pack in loads of tech to give feel, distance, consistency, and forgiveness in an eye pleasing players shape. They do what I want and need. (y)

My favorite Callaway irons are some I haven’t even seen in person yet. Everything about the Big Bertha B21 line sounds like it was designed just for me. The “Any Way You Swing It” approach to development should fit my unorthodox game quite nicely.

I am currently using the Epic Irons, they are fantastic. They are well made, long, and easy to hit. They have been the hottest irons I have owned. The ball flies off the face, and they are easy to control. Even on misses, they will still travel a good distance.

My favorite irons are Apex CF18 irons. Traditional look ,amazing feedback . Able to work the ball , high/low/mid flights with ease. Distance and dispersion is where this set opened my eyes. Forgiving to assist my many swing flaws keeping me in play ... most of the time.

I've always been a Callaway driver and wedge player, but have never owned a set of their irons. Doing Callaway's online fitting, the site recommended either the Mavrik or the APEX forged irons. Besides the drop dead good looks of the APEX irons their characteristics are really what I'm looking for as I step-up from more of a game improvement iron. Everyone is seeking more distance, and I'm no different, but the APEX's consistent distance with both forgiveness and workability are what every golfer wants out of their ironsScreen Shot 2020-08-27 at 2.54.53 PM.png

Last edited:
So I'd go with a combo of the current Apex and Apex Pro (Apex 3-5 / Pro 6-P). They're closest for me to what I game currently and top line / looks matter a ton. I also need a bit of help at the higher end so might as well go with the Apex's for that.

Apex Pro 2014 (Kisner Irons)

Players Profile cavity with more forgiveness than you could expect. Good amount of bounce while not having a crazy wide sole to get through the turf. Sun blocking satin finish with angular retro futuristic look. Sharp grooves so you still got great green holding spin from the rough.

Apex-Apex Pro combo set. Two sets for the price of one encompassing the best of both worlds. Players distance long irons combined with tour performance short irons. Superb Callaway forged feel and tour inspired looks. Advanced technological design, forgiveness, playability and optimal ball flight: perfect fit for my game.

I would like to try the NEW Big Bertha's. I'm an older golfer with a higher HCP. Swung BB's before and enjoyed their feel but, tried others ,always wanted to go back to Callaway. The BB's look favorable to my present playing and ; "There's No Place Like HOME".

Good luck everyone, really wish Covid was a thing of the past but I don’t think there will be much change by December and that means I don’t want to chance getting a spot and have to pull out. I already know how crappy it feels to have to withdraw from an event and don’t want to ever have to do that again. I just don’t think travel will be possible outside of Canada for me in 2020. Can’t wait to follow along though

My 2007 X-Forged were some of the best irons I’ve ever hit. Brought me down to a single-handicap using them also!!

Had so many Callaways Drivers in the past, first being a 9 degree Warbird, and I would love to get a set of irons. I think the Maverick Irons would fit my game the best but would love to have Big Bertha on my clubs again.

Awesome! Good luck everyone!

Entry:

Combo set of Apex CF19 long irons and Apex Pros in the scoring irons. It’s a set I’ve always thought about playing but have never pulled the trigger. To be honest I haven’t game ANY Callaway irons for more than 2-3rounds. Could that change? I hope so!

Back