The Last Time You Quit Early

Haven't yet, but I definitely have thought about it and was definitely close. However, with that said I'm no quitter.

Only reason I could imagine leaving before nine is for weather or injury. I'm sure league has been called in the last few years for storms, but I haven't walked off in years, and that time was due to a health issue.

I did bail after nine earlier this season when I walked on, on a Friday afternoon, and the pace was terrible. Wanted to get home before dark.

Can't remember quitting before the turn, but I remember quitting on the back 9. Was playing with a buddy, it was pouring rain, I was struggling and he was playing really well. We were playing skins head to head and I think he was up 14-0. I just handed him $20 and said see you next saturday. The fact that I was soaked to my socks and undies was the deciding factor and also what led me to drop serious coin on legit rain gear.

Never happened other than running out of light!|
There are a few days I have thought about it, Usually when my back is out of whack.

Earlier this Spring the wife and I were playing and a fast moving thunderstorm came in while we were on the 4th green. We quickly finished and left with our 18 hole rain tickets.

Last summer. Was watching the ball and stepped back in an old animal hole on #3. Dislocated the ankle.

Played a couple more holes but was close to the clubhouse to call it a day. Didn't want to do any more damage.

Can't remember the last time I did that. Even if I'm playing like crap, I usually don't quit until I've finished at least 9.

Onlly once, probably 2012, when we walked off the 10th fairway due to massive course mismanagement. Parts of an outing stayed late for a little too much liquid lunch and seemed to think it was fine to hit driver after driver after driver at us because we were "in their way." When the marshal threatened to kick us off the course for complaining, we left and have not been back.

I have never quit before the completion of a round that I can recall that wasn't weather or slow play related. This is when I planned to play a full 18.

Never

Memorial day my wife, girls and I went out to play and the course was packed/slow and my wife wasn't feeling the greatest so we left after 3 holes.

We quit on 15 on Saturday. My golf buddy was feeling the heat and threw up. So, we headed to the clubhouse and AC.

It's been a few weeks I think. I can't remember if we called it a day, or just relocated last time. Couldn't handle the pace though. Was going to ruin the mid instead of enhance it, so we got out of there.

Outside of weather-related issues, I don't believe I have quite before the turn before.

The only time I can remember is about 5-6 years ago. It was raining like crazy, which we were okay enough with, but then the lightning started while we were on hole #6. We headed back to the clubhouse to wait it out, but it wasn't letting up so we called it a day.

Late last fall, blood sugar kept trying to crash even after a Gatorade and payday bar so had to stop after 5.

A couple of weeks ago but not because of shoddy play. The bad knee "locked up" on 6 green and again walking off 7 tee to the cart.

We've turned around and came back in during several e-9's when the course is crowded. Other than that, it would be due to rain or lightening (not uncommon in Houston unfortunately).

4 years ago. A valve failed on a pasteurizer at a mozzarella plant. They needed me to get them a replacement right away.

Cant remember last time but not often. There would have to be lightning or really, really bad weather and heavy rain. We play through pretty much anything and later in the year cart covers and heaters really extend the season.

About a month ago. I hurt my wrist at hockey a few days before but thought I could tough it out. After about 5 holes of terrible swings and pain I just packed it in. Spent the remainder of the day driving around with my buddies and dropping balls on the green to putt.

Got caught in a downpour on hole 8 about a month ago.

I don't remember ever quitting before the turn, but schedules have had me stop at different holes on the back nine.

Back