The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

That's because nobody cares about women's golf, they have a handful of fans compared to the men.

Show me the other men's pro sports players getting paid 100% by the Saudis, and we'll send some outrage towards them, otherwise please stop with all this redirection BS, nobody is changing their minds about LIV because of these weak arguments.
LOL, So this is about gender now. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: sounds a little misogynist and sexiest.

Here go send some outrage into the soccer world.

That's because nobody cares about women's golf, they have a handful of fans compared to the men.

Show me the other men's pro sports players getting paid 100% by the Saudis, and we'll send some outrage towards them, otherwise please stop with all this redirection BS, nobody is changing their minds about LIV because of these weak arguments.
So what percentage of Saudi money is acceptable?

Yeah, I was going to say anything under 3.8% is acceptable.
Like two peas in a pod...

well done point GIF by Spotify

You do realize the "Saudi" money you are so against is literally in everything you consume today. Thier investments are way beyond sports and most likely have hands in things you use everyday. Those aren't weak arguments, those are facts.

The guy who hasn't touched a club in 12 years finished last once in the 4 events he played. Impressive.
I predict he will be on a team in 2025.
*3 of 4 events for players that finished all 3 rounds. You don't get to this level of the game without being ultra-competitive, I would imagine both AK and Dunlap are motivated to compete and do their best in final rounds, even if they are hanging out at the rear of the leaderboard.

Last edited:

You need some sunshine in your life. Stop being a grump.

Care Bears GIF

Last edited:
You do realize the "Saudi" money you are so against is literally in everything you consume today. Thier investments are way beyond sports and most likely have hands in things you use everyday. Those aren't weak arguments, those are facts.

Apples and oranges, but keep trying.

I don't care about "investments" in something I buy, can't really do anything about that, I need the stuff, but I can ignore LIV, which is a wholly owned sports tour, I can ignore them without missing a beat in life.

But as I've said many times here, the money/morality thing is hardly a big issue, the only reason LIV fans keep on pressing it is because it's all they have to argue, "double standards!!", pfff, nobody really cares about that honestly, well except for the sponsors of course.

I don't care about "investments" in something I buy, can't really do anything about that, I need the stuff, but I can ignore LIV, which is a wholly owned sports tour, I can ignore them without missing a beat in life.

But as I've said many times here, the money/morality thing is hardly a big issue, the only reason LIV fans keep on pressing it is because it's all they have to argue, "double standards!!", pfff, nobody really cares about that honestly, well except for the sponsors of course.
You absolutely can do something about whatever investments they have but again you choose to ignore it for convenience. You don't "NEED" that stuff, you choose to not find alternatives.

Golf is no different, just ignore it if it's not for you instead of trying to draw parallels to some moral high ground you're standing on. It's hypocritical to have the stance on LIV and yet say "I don't care about investments"

I think this is kind of it for LIV, they're probably cooked after 2024, they need some sort of merger to move the players back to the PGAT and have the Saudis invest in some new events, or maybe get to the table on something currently in the works.

The 2024 schedule is abysmal, nothing worth seeing in the US, no championship finals courses announced except for the Bolingbrook, which is nuts this far into the season, and must be very frustrating for the players who have to make their itineraries way in advance, I just don't see how they can go on like this.

Maybe LIV becomes the new Australian tour, a global thing, but without the US how can they be anything but fringe? this is the only place that really matters on the big stage for golf, this is where players come to be the best of the best.

Last edited:
GIF by Billions

I'm just telling it like it is, sorry if it hurts.

I don't care if anyone responds, so no, I'm not "trolling".

No of course its not right.
The tour that made hte PGA Tour become a for profit entity, pay out millions for stake in it, increase purses, etc and now its closing? Yeah not correct. Only way it closes is by choice.

But remember the timeline.
Would not get off the ground.
Would not sign any stars.
Would not sign any more stars.
Would not sign current major winners
Would not win any majors.
Would not get streaming done.
Would not get app done.
Would not get a TV deal.
Would not make it to year 2.

Its only logical to say now that year 3 wont happen.

Both of these entities should have figured it out rather than playing it out in public, but fortunately the timeline exists on THP in the various threads and here we are. With tour watered down tours, both owned by corrupt money and the public is being forced to choose.

Without a merger I worry more about the PGA tour than LIV

American investment firms will want to make money. It's possible the PIF is willing to do this at a loss for the foreseeable future.

As Ted DiBiase said, everyone has a price. They might just give everyone in the 15-30 OGWR rankings like 200M and burn money like the Joker in Batman 2.

After not getting the RSUs and watching Tiger and Rory get like 50% of it....I don't know..

So what percentage of Saudi money is acceptable?

Again, I don't really care, nor does anyone but sponsors.

This issue is a lot less about the money than LIV supporters want everyone to believe, the only reason you keep pressing it, where nobody else is, is because it's the only argument you have, can't talk about the actual golf because it's a joke.

This issue is a lot less about the money than LIV supporters want everyone to believe, the only reason you keep pressing it, where nobody else is, is because it's the only argument you have, can't talk about the actual golf because it's a joke.
Why is the golf a joke? Professionals shooting really good scores. A lot of competition. Playing in parts of the world the PGAT ignores. A major win. Where is the bad golf?

If you don't like it cool, but I don't understand why you keep grandstanding against people that like the golf. I like LIV, I like the PGAT, I like the Korn Ferry, I like the DP, LPGA, etc.

The LIV people are the ones talking about where the money comes from? Is it opposite day?

Ah you were the one that brought it up. You can ignore LIV and ignore the raging hypocrisy at the same time, up to you.

Back