The Mizuno Experience Contest and Live Update Thread

Dinner looks as amazing as the golf was today! Have a blast tomorrow fellas!

Looking forward to tomorrow’s match, hopefully will be able to catch a bit more while it’s happening but either way it’s a good follow

@Jman I bet those wedges have my name all over them?

After Day 1, here is where we stand:
Team Vosh- 1 1/2
Team Crawford- 1/2

With weather canceling the Alternate Shot matches today, there will be only 4 points available total, meaning that it’s now 2 1/2 points to win The Mizuno Experience (And win one of us a new Mizuno Driver).

Team Crawford is in a bit of a hole after JMan & NVGolfer80 just stole a halve in match 2 today.
We have seen big comebacks before, will we see one again tomorrow?

Match Odds- 18 Hole Shamble (Caledonia)
Match 1: (Three Way)
Vosh & NVGolfer80 -170
Canadan & Stryker +220
Match is Halved +400

Team Vosh goes for the kill with a Low/Low pairing vs. a Low/Mid pairing from Team Crawford. Stryker is nursing an injury and that dramatically influenced the line.

However, if Stryker can pull a Willis Reed, he’s going to pop a lot in a match where pops are at a premium, and his partner is Cana-freaking-Dan. They are a dog, but my gut tells me that they are a live dog.

Match 2: (Three Way)
Crawford & Desmond -130
JMan & Jaw2000 +155
Match is Halved +350

This match has the makings of a super close one that could come down to the finishing holes, and those last 4 holes at Caledonia are made for match play. By all accounts, Crawford played phenomenal today and was great off the tee. At Caledonia, the tee shot is a premium, as it is tighter than TB. Slight Edge to Team Crawford in this one.

Regardless of what happens, this has been an awesome follow, and I appreciate the participants taking us along for the ride.

Gosh if this was televised you can offer live bets during the commercials. Excellent insights 👍

Team Vosh- 1 1/2
Team Crawford- 1/2

With weather canceling the Alternate Shot matches today, there will be only 4 points available total, meaning that it’s now 2 1/2 points to win The Mizuno Experience (And win one of us a new Mizuno Driver).

Team Crawford is in a bit of a hole after JMan & NVGolfer80 just stole a halve in match 2 today.

Match Odds- 18 Hole Shamble (Caledonia)
Match 1: (Three Way)
Vosh & NVGolfer80 -170
Canadan & Stryker +220
Match is Halved +400

Team Vosh goes for the kill with a Low/Low pairing vs. a Low/Mid pairing from Team Crawford. Stryker is nursing an injury and that dramatically influenced the line.

However, if Stryker can pull a Willis Reed, he’s going to pop a lot in a match where pops are at a premium, and his partner is Cana-freaking-Dan. They are a dog, but my gut tells me that they are a live dog.

Match 2: (Three Way)
Crawford & Desmond -130
JMan & Jaw2000 +155
Match is Halved +350

This match has the makings of a super close one that could come down to the finishing holes, and those last 4 holes at Caledonia are made for match play. By all accounts, Crawford played phenomenal today and was great off the tee. At Caledonia, the tee shot is a premium, as it is tighter than TB. Slight Edge to Team Crawford in this one.

Regardless of what happens, this has been an awesome follow, and I appreciate the participants taking us along for the ride.

Match 1

Give me 5 jelly doughnuts on the underdogs in match 1 as Stryker is going to cash in 3 or 4 of them pops for winning holes on a course where distance is not a premium.

Match 2

Give me 3 chocolate sprinkled doughnuts on the halve. Something about @Jman brings out the dramatic ties in everyone around him.

Last edited:
We are calling an audible. Talking to @Vosh68 this morning today’s rounds will be broken down into two 9 hole matches instead of one 18 hole match. This is due in part to losing our 3rd 9 yesterday.

Both 9s will be done as shamble and if it ends in a tie, we will head to the short game area for a unique alternate shot tie breaker.

We are calling an audible. Talking to @Vosh68 this morning today’s rounds will be broken down into two 9 hole matches instead of one 18 hole match. This is due in part to losing our 3rd 9 yesterday.

Both 9s will be done as shamble and if it ends in a tie, we will head to the short game area for a unique alternate shot tie breaker.
Great call - more points on the line = more fun. Have a great day fellas!

Well that just got interesting

Poor @JDax keeps getting thrown curveballs to his odds making.

Brilliant! Though selfishly I wish formats changed haha

Should be a fun round to follow!! Hit em well guys 😎👍

Update post audible:

Team Vosh- 1 1/2
Team Crawford- 1/2

With the announcement that there will be 2 nine hole matches today, we are back to having 6 points available total, meaning that it’s now back to needing 3 1/2 points to win The Mizuno Experience (And win one of us a new Mizuno Driver).

Match 1: (Three Way) First Nine
Vosh & NVGolfer80 -170
Canadan & Stryker +220
Match is Halved +400

Match 3: (Three Way) Second Nine
Vosh & NVGolfer80 -220
Canadan & Stryker +350
Match is Halved +600

The Second Nine is harder and you are going to pay an extra premium for the team with the lower combined Handicap.

Match 2: (Three Way) First Nine
Crawford & Desmond -130
JMan & Jaw2000 +155
Match is Halved +350

Match 4: (Three Way) Second Nine
Crawford & Desmond -130
JMan & Jaw2000 +155
Match is Halved +350

Team Vosh going low low is a tough matchup. Would be much tougher if alt shot than shamble. If @Canadan can find fairways today with @Stryker pops they could sneak out a point though. Being split into 2 9's actually helps here I think.

@Jman had a hot putter yesterday will it stay hot? Caledonia is a great course for match play can't wait to see how this shakes out.

Looks to be a bit of rain in the area but maybe clears out quickly. What time do they go off?

Good luck and have fun gents.

Morning Boyz......sounds like a fun day ahead....

any gratuitous breakfast pictures? Or are the folks going continental to stay fresh for the rounds? Can we get some sausage gravy here?!?!

Hot again today boys!!!

Attachments

• 5AF00C7D-3160-4F2D-A6E0-C1E046A77AA2.jpeg
    5AF00C7D-3160-4F2D-A6E0-C1E046A77AA2.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 14
Back