The Official 2009 NFL Thread

Big Ben can be one of the most brilliant QBs at times. However he holds the ball WAYYYYY too long. Similar to Aaron Rogers. Trying to do too much. It has always been this way going back to his college years. Still wins and still a top tier guy, but just gets sacked WAY too much for how good their line is.

Seems a lot of QBs take a sack instead of throwing the ball away and hurting their Quarterback Rating.

Big Ben can be one of the most brilliant QBs at times. However he holds the ball WAYYYYY too long. Similar to Aaron Rogers. Trying to do too much. It has always been this way going back to his college years. Still wins and still a top tier guy, but just gets sacked WAY too much for how good their line is. They interviewed Tomlin right before the game and he said the exact same thing. (using different words of course)

I'm sorry, I just can't get past the word "brilliant" being associated to Big Ben...

ben-roethlisberger-parties

large_pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-723.jpg

061206.jpg

BenWill.jpg

It is too bad he is stuck in St. Louis, because Steven Jackson is a beast of a football player. Guy plays hard on every snap.

In the context I wrote it I think the Arizona Cardinals might agree. But he is so bad at releasing the ball.

It is too bad he is stuck in St. Louis, because Steven Jackson is a beast of a football player. Guy plays hard on every snap.

When he plays.

I hate the refs this year. Theyve blown so many calls by either completely missing them or changing a game by the phantom hold or pass interference. In Dallas case it was a huge play in the first half. They sack Rogers who fumbles and Dallas recovers. But the refs call a questionable hands to face or whatever it is to negate the fumble recovery.

Vince Young is 3-0 as a starter this season with Tenn.

Even as much as I believe in Young (and yes, I admit I'm biased because he won us a national championship), I didn't expect that. Very happy for him.

Vince Young is 3-0 as a starter this season with Tenn.

Even as much as I believe in Young (and yes, I admit I'm biased because he won us a national championship), I didn't expect that. Very happy for him.

We are happy for him too Harry. But he looked pretty bad today. He was setting up his receivers to get killed by overthrowing them across the middle. He is on our fantasy team so we are rooting for him.

We are happy for him too Harry. But he looked pretty bad today. He was setting up his receivers to get killed by overthrowing them across the middle. He is on our fantasy team so we are rooting for him.

Didn't see the game (don't think it was on here). Just going on the W-L record. Sounds like he's still rusty. He was never a Peyton Manning when it came to passing, but he was also never a bad as the rep he got. What he will do with his mobility (and fearlessness about getting hit) is free up both the RBs and WRs.

He had 17 completions and 9 of those were to the RB's.

Wow another blown non challengable call. I think its time the No Fun League start using younger refs that can keep up with the action of the game. This is getting old.

Kevin™;162023 said:
Wow another blown non challengable call. I think its time the No Fun League start using younger refs that can keep up with the action of the game. This is getting old.

I know you are a Dallas fan, but that first call was definitely illegal hands to the face.

Is this league crazy or what? The Tampa Bay Bucs who are probably worse than anybody in the league (that includes Cleveland) beat the Green Bay Packers last week. They also got smoked by the Bills, Pats, and everybody else including the Cowboys.

Yet now the Packers are beating Dallas. Any given Sunday.

I know you are a Dallas fan, but that first call was definitely illegal hands to the face.

I'll give you that one. But so now Dallas has already started a play, they stop it for a challenge that Green Bay doesnt even have. Brilliant! How can you not know you dont have a challenge. Green Bay should have been penalized for tha crap.

I thought you lost a timeout for that. Pretty sure you do. But nothing will help you if your QB cannot throw to the right team. And Romo just got picked off again and I can bet that Kevin just jumped off the couch. hehe

Gees. I was worried we would come out flat after beating the eagles but didnt expect to be shut out and look terrible.

Just got back from the Packers/Cowboys game. That was some defense the Packers played, I'll tell you what. The other side of the ball looked shaky, but hey the beat the Cowboys.

We did some pretty good tailgating. I took some pictures of grilling food I'll try to get up.

Kevin

Great win by the Colts!! I can honestly say that I hate Bill Belichek!! Glad his bad decission bit him in the ass!!

Great win by the Colts!! I can honestly say that I hate Bill Belichek!! Glad his bad decission bit him in the ass!!

What??? They came back?!?!?

Poop! I knew I should have kept watching!

What??? They came back?!?!?

Poop! I knew I should have kept watching!

Yup, belichek went for it on 4th and 2 on their own 29 yard line with 2 minutes left and didn't convert. belichek did his typical run up to the opposing coach, don't make eye contact or say anything, half-ass shake hands and run off the field. Real classy guy, his security pushed two photographers to the ground as they tried to photograph him after the game.

I think I am going to start spelling his name in lower case from now on.

Yeah I missed this one too. I get up too early for the late games but I expected to wake up to the Colts no longer being undefeated. What a moron going for it on your own 29. Duh.

And on another note Im glad to see all the talk about the refs in the GB Dallas game. They really missed that call on the fumble bad. And the challenge when you dont have one? That should have been a 15 yard penalty.

Sends a heck of a message to your defense when you won't trust them to protect a 6 point lead with 2 minutes to go. Strangest play calling I can remember ever seeing. :confused2:

But it couldn't have happened to bigger jerk. :clapp:

Sends a heck of a message to your defense when you won't trust them to protect a 6 point lead with 2 minutes to go. Strangest play calling I can remember ever seeing. :confused2:

Couldn't agree more. :banana:

LJ looks to be signing with Cincy. That seems about right with their track record right?

I agree with part of it, but I have to say that the guy had the first down. It was a terrible spot.

Back