The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he plays for their team? Once again, I don't hate him. I just don't like the showboating, and that goes for anyone, including members of the Dallas Cowboys.
That's fine, I get it completely. I think we're seeing a change in the league though ... maybe generational, and probably here to stay.

That's fine, I get it completely. I think we're seeing a change in the league though ... maybe generational, and probably here to stay.

I agree it's generational, but I also remember the 85 Bears, the Ickey shuffle and the dirty bird. Celebrations in some way, shape or form have always been a part of the game for as long as I've played and been a fan. That said, everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions but sometimes I think the criticism of celebrations is a bit overboard.

I honestly thought someone would have done this by now!

The trifecta! That would be really cool.

What's crazy is the Heisman was established in 1935, and for the Award that it is, has only had 8 winners make it to the Hall of Fame.

What's crazy is the Heisman was established in 1935, and for the Award that it is, has only had 8 winners make it to the Hall of Fame.

Arguably the worst indicator of success in the NFL ever, haha

What does cost have anything to do with it? I go to sporting events to watch great athletes excel at their craft. They are paid lots of money to score touchdowns, make tackles, etc.. I know you just scored, you don't have to show everyone up after the fact.

Like I said, Cam Newton is far from the only one who does it, but in my opinion either spike it or hand the ball to the ref and run back to the sidelines, you just did your job.

After a score...? A lot of these idiots celebrate every play they make. I can't stand the "look at me" attitude of today's players.

I paid for a show. I want a show. Like I said, YMMV and it always sucks when the shoe is on the other foot. Few in Carolina hate Cam, why is that?

I'd be thrilled my team was winning but I'd still dislike Cam, Lynch, Sherman, etc. regardless of whether they were on my team or not. I respect the guys that make a play and act like it's no big deal. They've done it before and they'll do it again.

I don't know why you guys are such haters. I just signed off on an Internal Control Certification; and then spiked my mouse and did the worm around the office.

I don't know why you guys are such haters. I just signed off on an Internal Control Certification; and then spiked my mouse and did the worm around the office.

I had to cover my mouth so I didn't laugh out loud after reading this, hahahaha!

Scary thing is you probably actually did...showboat.

You've got to love fans, just a few years ago there were a lot of Carolina fans who wanted Cam off the team because of his childish behavior when things didn't go his way. Now that they are winning he's untouchable.

I personally don't like, nor do I dislike, Cam. I think he's had a great year, but that's about it. I love the fact that he gives a ball to a kid after scoring a touchdown, and even more so that now almost all Panther's players are doing it. I could do without the "dabbing" and other crap players do after scoring. Just spike the ball (or give it to a little kid in the stands), give your teammates high fives, and then go back to your bench and act like you've been there before. But that's just my opinion.

I'm a huge 49ers fan, and I criticized Kaep all the time for his stupid bicep kissing crap, so it has nothing to do with the person that's doing the over-the-top celebrating.

You've got to love fans, just a few years ago there were a lot of Carolina fans who wanted Cam off the team because of his childish behavior when things didn't go his way. Now that they are winning he's untouchable.

I personally don't like, nor do I dislike, Cam. I think he's had a great year, but that's about it. I love the fact that he gives a ball to a kid after scoring a touchdown, and even more so that now almost all Panther's players are doing it. I could do without the "dabbing" and other crap players do after scoring. Just spike the ball (or give it to a little kid in the stands), give your teammates high fives, and then go back to your bench and act like you've been there before. But that's just my opinion.

I'm a huge 49ers fan, and I criticized Kaep all the time for his stupid bicep kissing crap, so it has nothing to do with the person that's doing the over-the-top celebrating.

Excellent points! Oh and GO NINERS :D

Excellent points! Oh and GO NINERS :D

Haha, it's been a really rough year for the Niners, and with some of the coaching changes they've made I don't really know what to expect for next year.

Haha, it's been a really rough year for the Niners, and with some of the coaching changes they've made I don't really know what to expect for next year.

Me neither, but it won't be worse than last year. #inchipwetrust

Me neither, but it won't be worse than last year. #inchipwetrust

I sure hope not. One thing I'm looking forward to is seeing a head coach without a look of confusion on his face every time they show him on the sidelines, haha.

I sure hope not. One thing I'm looking forward to is seeing a head coach without a look of confusion on his face every time they show him on the sidelines, haha.

Tomsula was so terrible. I literally avoided watching any press conferences with him for fear of damaging my TV in anger :angry:

I believe he would also be the first player of any kind to win the Heisman, National Championship, ROTY, MVP and Super Bowl.

I believe he would also be the first player of any kind to win the Heisman, National Championship, ROTY, MVP and Super Bowl.

And the first one to 'dab' after scoring TDs

:deadhorse:

I find it funny to read and hear the "players of today" comments respective to celebrations. I implore anyone to go to Youtube and watch the celebrations of Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Ickey Woods, The Fun Bunch, Mark Gastineau, and many, many others.

This isn't something new!

I find it funny to read and hear the "players of today" comments respective to celebrations. I implore anyone to go to Youtube and watch the celebrations of Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, Ickey Woods, The Fun Bunch, Mark Gastineau, and many, many others.

This isn't something new!

I find it funny that you don't think it's not worse now. You're right about those guys, but they were not the norm and with the exception of Gastineau, the only celebrating you really saw was after a touchdown, not every play they make.

I paid for a show. I want a show. Like I said, YMMV and it always sucks when the shoe is on the other foot. Few in Carolina hate Cam, why is that?

Most of Colorado loves Elway too, but that doesn't seem to stop the haters that have always dogged him. IMO, he gave less reason than Newton - Elway was never a showboat. All he did was take Denver to 5 Super Bowls.

I find it funny that you don't think it's not worse now. You're right about those guys, but they were not the norm and with the exception of Gastineau, the only celebrating you really saw was after a touchdown, not every play they make.

I don't think it's any different now than it was then. What's different is 73 cameras from every angle imaginable. That didn't exist 20 years ago. How is Deion Sanders, the Dirty Birds, or Bob and Weave from the 90's any different than Victor Cruz or dabbing? How about "White Shoes", Gastineau, Lawrence Taylor, Merton Hanks, Johnnie Morton, or the Fun Bunch in the 80's? Hell, Bo Jackson dam near ran out of the stadium in Seattle on Monday Night Football. How would that have played if Cam Newton were to do it today?

Just a few from the 1980's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Wop9c_bGU

I don't think it's any different now than it was then. What's different is 73 cameras from every angle imaginable. That didn't exist 20 years ago. How is Deion Sanders, the Dirty Birds, or Bob and Weave from the 90's any different than Victor Cruz or dabbing? How about "White Shoes", Gastineau, Lawrence Taylor, Merton Hanks, Johnnie Morton, or the Fun Bunch in the 80's? Hell, Bo Jackson dam near ran out of the stadium in Seattle on Monday Night Football. How would that have played if Cam Newton were to do it today?

Haha, I forgot about ol' long necked Merton Hanks. He probably gave himself a concussion every time he did that. And that Bo Jackson run? Epic. Probably my favorite RB of all time. The comment about the cameras is SPOT ON. So much damn coverage it doesn't make any sense.

I don't think you saw as much of the histrionics over just making a catch, run, tackle or breaking up a pass that you do now. No way it's the same.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back