The Official 2016 MLB Thread

Went to opening day today Rays vs. Blue Jays.. We were in the corporate partners tent pre game , and met this guy!!
c7109100880cb2f4cc8261a6bd6e3fec.jpg

The freaking commissioner!! Got to talk with him about 5-10 mins while he was there.. Pretty cool
You should definitely found a way to get some tickets out of that guy or something.

At least it wasn't Selig. How was his first pitch?

You should definitely found a way to get some tickets out of that guy or something.

At least it wasn't Selig. How was his first pitch?

He didn't throw first pitch!! George Wendt " Norm from Cheers" one hopped it to the plate..

Going to the indians vs red sox home opener tomorrow courtesy of an awesome thper...cant wait

Going to the indians vs red sox home opener tomorrow courtesy of an awesome thper...cant wait

Enjoy hopefully the rain and snow finish up in the am.

#KeepTheLineMoving.

Mets making a run in the 8th.

And that's Game 1 in the books. One save for Davis and the Royals on pace for 162-0. I think they can do it this year, haha.

I am going to go get the cool new team cap tomorrow.

32* right now, fees like 20*, gonna be a cold one up on the lake

And game has been cancelled

I was ready to go lol

You my man are one crazy dude then. The Browns, I may have been there. Glad I'm a Reds fan. Not that one team is better than the other. At least Cincy is a little warmer this time of year.

I think the Reds are going to try to set a record for the most losses in one year!!! It's going to be a long year!

Such a dumb decision. Glad I don't have tickets and didn't take off work for it. 33* and clear the rest of the day, and they rescheduled it for tomorrow which is 34*. What are they gaining?

I think the Reds are going to try to set a record for the most losses in one year!!! It's going to be a long year!

I read yesterday that they would need to lose 102 games I believe for that record. I think the most is 101. I surely hope they don't break that record. It will be a very long year if that happens.

And that's Game 1 in the books. One save for Davis and the Royals on pace for 162-0. I think they can do it this year, haha.

Your streak ends Tuesday when Thor takes the mound. I'm okay with the Mets going 161-1 this year.

Such a dumb decision. Glad I don't have tickets and didn't take off work for it. 33* and clear the rest of the day, and they rescheduled it for tomorrow which is 34*. What are they gaining?

They are claiming field conditions but they play in the rain. :confused2:

They are claiming field conditions but they play in the rain. :confused2:

Well if it's field conditions today it won't improve by tomorrow. If anything it will get worse. Fields don't dry out too well in 30* weather.

Well if it's field conditions today it won't improve by tomorrow. If anything it will get worse. Fields don't dry out too well in 30* weather.

Yeah, I can't see things getting better for tomorrow.

I blame Jobu and Ricky Vaughn.

Yeah, I can't see things getting better for tomorrow.

I blame Jobu and Ricky Vaughn.

Dress down day at work for it and almost wore my Vaughn jersey. Maybe they would have played if I did.

Dress down day at work for it and almost wore my Vaughn jersey. Maybe they would have played if I did.

Update. They called it due to changing forecast and wind chills dropping and fan comfort.

You'd have to wear the glasses too.

Teens with win chill and precipitation made it unsafe for fans and players

Always love early spring baseball games since we made the decision to put a roof on Miller Park.. Now just to convince Mrs G it's time to watch some baseball...

Back