The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Does he need a playmaker though, isn’t that sort of his role? He’s better with than puck than without.

Damn it, I mean he makes players better, but not in the same way. I’m confusing myself now haha.

Both are insanely good, but different?
yeah that's tough eh?

If you can find someone who can create space for McDavid, and catch him in stride more often that not, I think he could put up silly numbers.

yeah that's tough eh?

If you can find someone who can create space for McDavid, and catch him in stride more often that not, I think he could put up silly numbers.

soooo, Crosby?

Could you even imagine that line hahahahaha

Then Crosby would just get hurt and we’d all be disappointed and back to the current state haha

I get that for sure.

Any predictions on who comes in?

Rumor is that Lavy was told to fire Kevin McCarthy last year and he refused. This year that choice came back to bite him. I liked Lavy, but we've got too much talent to be where we are. I'm not saying we should be cup contenders, but we should be solidly in a playoff spot.

As for who we hire, I have no idea. Not really excited about any of the names being floated. Honestly, I'd love to give Milwaukee's coach (Taylor) a shot, but it's been reported that's not happening. So, I think we're going to get a retread.

Rumor is that Lavy was told to fire Kevin McCarthy last year and he refused. This year that choice came back to bite him. I liked Lavy, but we've got too much talent to be where we are. I'm not saying we should be cup contenders, but we should be solidly in a playoff spot.

As for who we hire, I have no idea. Not really excited about any of the names being floated. Honestly, I'd love to give Milwaukee's coach (Taylor) a shot, but it's been reported that's not happening. So, I think we're going to get a retread.
Now that’s solidarity. What was the issue with McCarthy?

Now that’s solidarity. What was the issue with McCarthy?

I think largely just that he was stuck in his ways, the team wasn't progressing and therefore they thought he had to be part of the problem.

One rumor I've heard is interim coach until the end fo the year and then hire Phil Housley next year.

I think largely just that he was stuck in his ways, the team wasn't progressing and therefore they thought he had to be part of the problem.

One rumor I've heard is interim coach until the end fo the year and then hire Phil Housley next year.
Ah, fair enough. Seems Toronto let go someone who was also set in their ways.
Housley could be interesting!

It'd be a fun five games.
There’s this tournament where each country plays their best on best... that’s around 5 games. Perfect!

I seriously hope NHL players go in 2022.

And that's a win.

20-15-8 and still not really viable in the race. 7-1-2 in their last ten though, that's tidy.
Not a bad win! Columbus definitely looked like the better team.
Holy is that L.A. rink dead. You could actually hear the Jackets bench banging their sticks on each of their goals. Wow. How many empty seats were there?! 10,000?

So Montreal gave up approximately 391 odd man rushes tonight which is less than ideal. Price looked okay. Shame the third one snuck through (yes, on a breakaway). Kovalchuck looked pretty good in his Canadiens debut! He was a factor in both of their goals!

Not a bad win! Columbus definitely looked like the better team.
Holy is that L.A. rink dead. You could actually hear the Jackets bench banging their sticks on each of their goals. Wow. How many empty seats were there?! 10,000?
I noticed that as well. Pretty surprising.

Have I mentioned yet this year how the offsides challenge is bad for the game and has to go?

Have I mentioned yet this year how the offsides challenge is bad for the game and has to go?
I don’t mind it, and we’re not seeing as many marginal challenges as before now that there’s consequences to being wrong.

haha, it is a weird one for sure, but I don't mind it.
This surprises me. Maybe they should review every penalty call too while they're at it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This surprises me. Maybe they should review every penalty call too while they're at it.
You animal.

Of all the things that bug me, this isn't that high on my list - And honestly, if a player gets injured and a coach wants the hit reviewed, I'd probably be more for that than the offside review.

You animal.

Of all the things that bug me, this isn't that high on my list - And honestly, if a player gets injured and a coach wants the hit reviewed, I'd probably be more for that than the offside review.
I've always felt that if there was one sport that didn't need replay reviews, except for a puck crossing the goal line, it was hockey. I just didn't think the offsides replay was even necessary.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've always felt that if there was one sport that didn't need replay reviews, except for a puck crossing the goal line, it was hockey. I just didn't think the offsides replay was even necessary.
I surely wouldn't be sad if it was removed... and definitely agree on the goal line review. Might be one of my fav video reviews out there (weirdly enough).

Back