The Official 2021 - 2022 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

That was BS. Tampa player hits his mask off and then scores. No whistle??

That was BS. Tampa player hits his mask off and then scores. No whistle??
It was the right call.

IMO, goalie should have to wear chin straps. There's no way his mask should have come off from that shot, and wearing a super loose mask shouldn't take away a scoring chance.

And, FWIW, it would have been blown dead if a Tampa player knocked the mask off. He took a shot and it "fell" off.

It was the right call.

IMO, goalie should have to wear chin straps. There's no way his mask should have come off from that shot, and wearing a super loose mask shouldn't take away a scoring chance.
It was the stick to the face not the shot that made his mask come off. Wouldn't you be screaming for interference since it was the contact that prevented him being able to make the save?

Or are you saying it was the follow through on a shot?

It was the stick to the face not the shot that made his mask come off. Wouldn't you be screaming for interference since it was the contact that prevented him being able to make the save?
I'd have to see it again but I didn't see a stick to the face. Kuemper didn't make any argument either

We will have to agree to disagree.

Keep in mind I like the kid. I've skated with him in summer skates in Edina.

But he wears his mask looser than a $5 *****, and always has.

Screenshot_20220622-190059.png

Kadri "Ice is kinda garbage"

Florida in June!

It's on the goalie if his mask comes off easily.

There is NOT supposed to be a whistle if the whistle would negate a scoring chance.

Players can swing at the puck, even if it's in your face.

Literally every announcer, even those seemingly pro Avs instantly said "good goal"

I was listening to the Tampa radio broadcast in my truck on the drive home - even they said it was a Bolts stick that caused his mask to be dislodged.

Surprised it wasn’t reviewed. But also not, because NHL.

It's on the goalie if his mask comes off easily.

There is NOT supposed to be a whistle if the whistle would negate a scoring chance.

Players can swing at the puck, even if it's in your face.

Literally every announcer, even those seemingly pro Avs instantly said "good goal"
Agree that masks come off too easy, but a stick to the face is still a stick to the face… just because he has a mask on, doesn’t mean he can be speared or slashed there. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was listening to the Tampa radio broadcast in my truck on the drive home - even they said it was a Bolts stick that caused his mask to be dislodged.

Surprised it wasn’t reviewed. But also not, because NHL.
It was, the puck was also in his face.

Been there literally thousands of times. If you're on your knees, a 3 foot high shot is at your head's height.

Finally get a rebound

Tampa fans...I am bad luck the Avs scored the minute I turned on the game.

Back