The Official 2023 - 2024 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I very clearly said good games.
Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

You seem to have missed the biggest ticket. Jackets v Flyers
He roots for Pittsburgh in sports, his "glasses" are not always very clear on what is "good"

He roots for Pittsburgh in sports, his "glasses" are not always very clear on what is "good"
Unfortunately in this case he is correct. I'm hoping to be surprised, but I can't see much more than a hopeful middle of the pack run this year.

Unfortunately in this case he is correct. I'm hoping to be surprised, but I can't see much more than a hopeful middle of the pack run this year.

Columbus provides lovely second home games for the Penguins.

Columbus provides lovely second home games for the Penguins.
probably much cheaper, too. Unfortunately also for the red wings and surprisingly the blackhawks.

@Muchmore18 as a person from Moosen Country, how did you pick a rooting team?
And does it waver?

The Avs Cup train left the station last night. The top lines speak for themselves but the rebuild of the bottom 6 has made this team better.

First 2 games and I'm finding the Blackhawks "Palatable"
Thought they played well and gave Boston a run until the 3rd period.
And Connor Bedard - He's the real deal.

World Juniors Goal GIF by International Ice Hockey Federation

Preds did with 2:20 left.
On NHL Network Weekes said it was such a popular topic in the off season and teams would go aggressive early. Guess he was right

I heard them say that the analytics say it’s the smart play.
Yeah, I read a paper a couple years ago that went deep into the numbers. There’s a sharp spike in goals scored when the goalie is pulled before the 1:30 remaining mark.

@Muchmore18 as a person from Moosen Country, how did you pick a rooting team?
And does it waver?
Hockey is really the only sport I’m a diehard of and have a true team. With that being the Ducks, I have zero issues saying it was because of the movies. Seeing a movie about a team and then having that real team to root for made it really easy being young and also playing that sport. Also had family in California so being able to go to the area as a kid made it even cooler.

My support for them never wavers. I will be frustrated at times and even openly rooted “against them” last year because Bedard was the prize. But it was in their best interest since winning after a certain point last year would have just prolonged underperforming.

Overall I cheer for other teams that may have ex Ducks on them (like the Panthers and Montour or the Lightning last year with Perry), but Ducks always are and always will be number 1

How about that effort from the Oilers last night? Against a Canucks team so badly riddled with flu that goalie Demko threw up in his mask just before being pulled. Edmonton looked like a junior team. Lots of talk about their new defensive scheme, just a joke.

Same problem for the last 15 years. Team defence. Too many floaters and leaving the zone early and not taking the loose man in the zone. Maybe 3 goals out of 8 could be talking about the goalies, tho they didn't exactly stand on their heads either. 3rd line was the best, and it was by miles, our vaunted top 6 was minus a ton.

Lots of shock in town.

Hockey is really the only sport I’m a diehard of and have a true team. With that being the Ducks, I have zero issues saying it was because of the movies. Seeing a movie about a team and then having that real team to root for made it really easy being young and also playing that sport. Also had family in California so being able to go to the area as a kid made it even cooler.

My support for them never wavers. I will be frustrated at times and even openly rooted “against them” last year because Bedard was the prize. But it was in their best interest since winning after a certain point last year would have just prolonged underperforming.

Overall I cheer for other teams that may have ex Ducks on them (like the Panthers and Montour or the Lightning last year with Perry), but Ducks always are and always will be number 1
Love it.
Were you a big Teemu Selane fan?

Love it.
Were you a big Teemu Selane fan?
HUGE. But my favorite player of all time is Paul Kariya. They both played with the speed and skill of todays game way back then. Him and Teemu were essentially telepathic with some of the passes they were able to make to each other

HUGE. But my favorite player of all time is Paul Kariya. They both played with the speed and skill of todays game way back then. Him and Teemu were essentially telepathic with some of the passes they were able to make to each other
I shared a lunch table with Teemu Selane back in the day.

I shared a lunch table with Teemu Selane back in the day.
That would be amazing! I love that he's openly supported the Ducks and has been part of many things with them after he retired

That would be amazing! I love that he's openly supported the Ducks and has been part of many things with them after he retired
I mean I am sure it was for him haha.
I just remember saying "Good sandwich?" and him saying "sure is, do you know when they are starting"?

He was talking to some younger athletes about money.

Are either of those teams relevant this year?
CBJ with arguably the best pick in the draft after Bedard...I'm interested in their season (or at least Fantilli) because I'm a Ducks fan lol

CBJ with arguably the best pick in the draft after Bedard...I'm interested in their season (or at least Fantilli) because I'm a Ducks fan lol
Daniel Radcliffe Torture GIF by Dark Ages

Kariya, YES!!!!

@Canadan Im surprised you are not a hockey card collector.
You like the classics.

Back