The Official 2023 - 2024 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

3-1...booooooooo

Start of the 3rd down 3-1 and on the PK. This is fine

Killed the penalty but really need a quick goal

Penguins getting a much needed convincing W over the Avs. Good win. Played a much tighter brand of hockey, something this team needs to do.

Carlsson scores!! 3-2

Ducks tie it up!!!

Cool. It’ll be fun to watch him play again in like two weeks.
It's been less than a week and only two games. I don't like it either but he's got his second in three games!

DUCKS WINNNNNNN!!!!!

WHAT A WIN!!!

I was just getting updates from Morgan. but nice to see the Bolts put some goals in the net

I was just getting updates from Morgan. but nice to see the Bolts put some goals in the net
Two consecutive shutouts is nice too.

If I remember correctly though that was more of an organizational power struggle type of thing.
This is what I read about it earlier today

Can’t help but think of Steven Stamkoswhen it comes to Leo Carlsson. During Stamkos’s rookie year of 2008-09, he played less than 10 minutes in three of his first four games and seven of the first 40. It was clear the Lightning didn’t think he was ready, but weren’t going to send him back to OHL Sarnia. When Rick Tocchet took over as head coach, he scratched Stamkos three times, with the purpose of using that time as a teaching/fitness tool. It wasn’t easy on the player, who eventually admitted it was a very good thing for him. (Tocchet also put Stamkos on a line with Martin St. Louis. You have to put scorers with creators.)

Ducks GM Pat Verbeek was hired by Tampa Bay the following season, so he saw first-hand the aftermath. He’s made it very clear that, to start the year, Anaheim will be even more aggressive in sitting out Carlsson as he adapts to North America. Seeing Montreal’s Juraj Slafkovsky take physical punishment last season — and Toronto’s Roni Hirvonen take a massive hit during development camp — there’s such an adjustment to the NHL game for Europeans.

Verbeek’s idea is very intriguing, and you know other teams are watching. Key is to have the player and agent (Matt Keator) buying in, which is the case. One thing we’re learning about Verbeek: he commits to what he believes across the organization whether you like it or not.

I don’t understand what’s happening, but I don’t hate it.

This is what I read about it earlier today

Can’t help but think of Steven Stamkoswhen it comes to Leo Carlsson. During Stamkos’s rookie year of 2008-09, he played less than 10 minutes in three of his first four games and seven of the first 40. It was clear the Lightning didn’t think he was ready, but weren’t going to send him back to OHL Sarnia. When Rick Tocchet took over as head coach, he scratched Stamkos three times, with the purpose of using that time as a teaching/fitness tool. It wasn’t easy on the player, who eventually admitted it was a very good thing for him. (Tocchet also put Stamkos on a line with Martin St. Louis. You have to put scorers with creators.)

Ducks GM Pat Verbeek was hired by Tampa Bay the following season, so he saw first-hand the aftermath. He’s made it very clear that, to start the year, Anaheim will be even more aggressive in sitting out Carlsson as he adapts to North America. Seeing Montreal’s Juraj Slafkovsky take physical punishment last season — and Toronto’s Roni Hirvonen take a massive hit during development camp — there’s such an adjustment to the NHL game for Europeans.

Verbeek’s idea is very intriguing, and you know other teams are watching. Key is to have the player and agent (Matt Keator) buying in, which is the case. One thing we’re learning about Verbeek: he commits to what he believes across the organization whether you like it or not.

Yeah. I remember Barry Melrose not thinking Stamkos was NHL ready at the time. It wasn’t much of a structured plan, haha.

Ducks Flyers in an early one on Saturday!
I’ll have to listen to the radio stream from the beach, which is a weird thing to say about a hockey game!

Oilers 1-5-1. Played a tighter game, kept a lot to the outside, got behind and chased. NYR 3-0, Quick with a shutout (59) that puts him top 20 all time.

For those that saw the 2024 Albatross Club drop, you might have seen the NHL bracket listed there.
We will be doing a fun playoff NHL bracket for AC members this year we believe to win some killer prizes.

Playoff bracket?! Heck yess!!

And no, I absolutely did not see that because I saw AC was up and just clicked buy. No reading necessary for this one

Back