The Official 2023 - 2024 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Habs beat the Sharks, you can see the improvement, they are on their way.

Lets Go Habs.

If anyone was going to help Edmonton end their winless streak, it was going to be the Caps. Abysmal PP continues & they lose 5 - 0 Draisatyl has 2 goals & McDavid has 4 assists

If anyone was going to help Edmonton end their winless streak, it was going to be the Caps. Abysmal PP continues & they lose 5 - 0 Draisatyl has 2 goals & McDavid has 4 assists

I listened to the pregame, as I was on a long drive (that lasted until end 2nd). Heard repeatedly that the Caps are old and slow but defensively responsible and getting good 'tending, and of course repeated mention of the 6% PP. Oilers sounded/looked more like last year's team, maybe McD is getting healthy. Apparently, in practice yesterday, coached halted the whole rink when McLeod went offside on a drill, got dressed down for it. A bit more of the 'do it the right way' message will need to be a consistent part of coach's message.

Game time.
Let’s go Cats. Barkov is back

Let’s go Bolts, Vasy back tomorrow

Just kidding, Vasy is back tonight!!!!

I listened to the pregame, as I was on a long drive (that lasted until end 2nd). Heard repeatedly that the Caps are old and slow but defensively responsible and getting good 'tending, and of course repeated mention of the 6% PP. Oilers sounded/looked more like last year's team, maybe McD is getting healthy. Apparently, in practice yesterday, coached halted the whole rink when McLeod went offside on a drill, got dressed down for it. A bit more of the 'do it the right way' message will need to be a consistent part of coach's message.

It should have been 10 - 0 if it weren't for Charlie Lindgren standing on his head. But Oilers were 3 out of 4 on the PP - Caps were 23/23 on the PP kill until today - while the Caps were 0 for 5 yet again. Last in the league in that category .. 0 for the last 30 & 3 for 50 overall 🤯 You can't rely on defense every night, you have to put the damn puck in the net. Yet it seems as though they aren't doing a thing to fix it either. :banghead:

I’m no expert but one shot on goal in the period for the Bolts doesn’t seem good

Just kidding, Vasy is back tonight!!!!
I was confused. So good to see the Big Cat back out there!

Amazing save for Bob

Not sure it’d make much of a difference but I think it’s time for Mike Sullivan to get fired. Hurts to say it but this is just the same story as last year. Countless blown leads.

Big Cat just got scored on, but their offense looks awful
Curious how much game time he gets tonight?

oh my, Panthers PK breakaway and Morrissey misses the entire goal by 2 ft

Bolts have 4 total shots on goal and are winning 3-1

That’s efficient

Bolts offense finally showing life, up 8-2!

Crazy that it was 8 goals on 14 shots total
.429 save percentage for the Carolina goalie. That’s unbelievable for a full game.

Skinner needs to be benched. He had a decent 3rd period last night but he has been an offensive liability and his “back check” on that last sequence was pitiful

Johnny Hockey sighting!!

2-0 CBJ

Holy ****, about time
He’s been trending the last couple games. Good to see him cash in finally

Canes get one back to pull within 1. Just under 10 left. Need to hold on here

Canes even it up. 3 mins left

Back