The Official 2023 NFL Thread

Lions get screwed in Dallas…again. That flag came in so late it was ridiculous, celebration was over points were on the board and Decker was already on the sideline with the ball in his hand. What a joke.
It's one thing to lose a game fair and square, but this wasn't that. The game was decided on a blown call. When I saw the flag I figured it was for some celebration thing as it came in so late. That two point conversion was a brilliant play and I admired Detroit for going for the win. To have it taken away like that was just wrong on so many levels.

The NFL needs to investigate this and take appropriate steps to insure it doesn't happen again.

Mooch breaking it down right now.
Warner saying the same thing, it was a perfectly executed play and the ref clearly was confused and blew it and said 70 is, and it was a legal formation and WR got the ok for being on the line.

This isn’t a bang bang speed play. This was a blown call pre snap and it took a win away
I love it that it’s being said the refs blew it and confirmed. Something needs to be done.

Everytime we go to Dallas something like this happens but this is egregious

It's one thing to lose a game fair and square, but this wasn't that. The game was decided on a blown call. When I saw the flag I figured it was for some celebration thing as it came in so late. That two point conversion was a brilliant play and I admired Detroit for going for the win. To have it taken away like that was just wrong on so many levels.

The NFL needs to investigate this and take appropriate steps to insure it doesn't happen again.
How exactly would you make sure a human (ref) error doesn’t occur? The Ref told everyone the wrong number is eligible, not much you can do from there except fire/suspend the ref.

How exactly would you make sure a human (ref) error doesn’t occur? The Ref told everyone the wrong number is eligible, not much you can do from there except fire/suspend the ref.
I don’t know what they will do, probably nothing but to make an error like that at this level is inexcusable. He should be fired, it won’t give the Lions the win that they deserve but maybe it will send a message that stuff like this cannot happen.

I don’t know what they will do, probably nothing but to make an error like that at this level is inexcusable. He should be fired, it won’t give the Lions the win that they deserve but maybe it will send a message that stuff like this cannot happen.
This crew is also the same one that didn’t call a penalty on the Eagles all game (with plenty of evidence showing otherwise), and screwed the Chiefs on a non-PI call - all those things happening this year.

I love it that it’s being said the refs blew it and confirmed. Something needs to be done.

Everytime we go to Dallas something like this happens but this is egregious
#Rigged

Players get fined for the most absurd things these days. Refs should be held accountable in similar fashion.

Players get fined for the most absurd things these days. Refs should be held accountable in similar fashion.
I don’t disagree but this mistake affected the outcome of the game in a major way

It feels like it's just been a perfect storm for referee errors in spotlight this year--not sure what you can do about it but it's a terrible look for the league.

But , if you think about it. Every week a QB throws 3 ints and has a terrible game. Even though these are the top QBs in the world--someone is gonna have a terrible game. That's the problem with refs. Every week a ref is gonna have a bad week even if they are good overall

When the ref who has a bad week is doing the nationally televised night game.....not good. I feel like that's happened like 5 times this year

The ref for the broadcast said there was a penalty whether he reported or not. Said he was uncovered on the line

That guy should be embarrassed. Of course he was uncovered, that's why he reported as eligible.

Watching the play over the TE on the right stays in to block, no idea why he is lined up so far behind the RT
Are you talking about the TE line up at wing or 70 lined up at TE next to him?

I still cannot get over that call.

I also cannot get over the tripping call that facilitated them getting the ball back with the time they did, another horrible call.

I still cannot get over that call.

I also cannot get over the tripping call that facilitated them getting the ball back with the time they did, another horrible call.
The Tripping call didn’t make any sense after seeing the replay, in fact it was Hutchinson who tried to trip the RB haha

The Tripping call didn’t make any sense after seeing the replay, in fact it was Hutchinson who tried to trip the RB haha

Absolutely. HORRIBLE call that led to the Lions having a shot and driving the field instead of a likely kneel down situation for the Cowboys

That guy should be embarrassed. Of course he was uncovered, that's why he reported as eligible.

Are you talking about the TE line up at wing or 70 lined up at TE next to him?
#87, #70 is lined up in the interior of the unbalanced line, which is a dead giveaway the ref screwed up the call pre-play

Not that it matters but how is the wr at the top on the line? He is 2 yards back, basically the same spot as the bottom wr who is off the line
Remember a couple weeks ago when Toney lined up in the neutral zone and everyone was up in arms about how dumb it was? It's actually way harder than you would think to be on the ball, and not over it from way outside like that. That's why receivers are taught to check with the line judge if they're on, which I'm sure he did. Pay attention today, you'll see guys that look like they on that are off and vice versa on pretty much every play.

Last edited:
#87, #70 is lined up in the interior of the unbalanced line, which is a dead giveaway the ref screwed up the call pre-play
He's off because it's an illegal formation otherwise.

Remember a couple weeks ago when Toney lined up in the neutral zone and everyone was up in arms about how dumb it was? It's actually easy way harder than you would think to be on the ball, and not over it from way outside like that. That's why receivers are taught to check with the line judge if they're on, which I'm sure he did. Pay attention today, you'll see guys that look like they on that are off and vice versa on pretty much every play.
I hear ya, that's why the wr checks with the ref.

Absolutely. HORRIBLE call that led to the Lions having a shot and driving the field instead of a likely kneel down situation for the Cowboys

Yeah, that was terrible.

Not sure where they got tripping from but they certainly could’ve called a hold.

It’s a little easier to understand mistakes made in the course of play. The egregious mistake on the two point play was procedural and simply can’t happen.

Not sure where they got tripping from but they certainly could’ve called a hold.

It’s a little easier to understand mistakes made in the course of play. The egregious mistake on the two point play was procedural and simply can’t happen.
Shoulda called tripping on Detroit - I don't see the hold personally, but I am a Cowboys fan

Or this missed holding right in front of Dak on the 92 yard touchdown play. We can go back and forth all day on horrible calls and non-calls during that game.

But the ref absolutely screwed up and assumed 70 was reporting because he did so a couple other times in the game while completely disregarding Decker 68 that was 6" from his face. The ref made a mistake on this and needs to own it.

1000007498.jpg

Back