The Official 2023 NFL Thread

Exactly. I get he wanted to do it on the sly, but it’s really bad if he didn’t make it clear he was reporting
The ref walked over to the Dalls defense and let them know after he told them.

I mean there was two of them walking over there and another walking towards them from the bench, how can that be done so slyly a ref doesn't hear it?

#Rigged!!

Campbell obviously not happy...but says that two people can't report. 70 reported was the explanation he got from the officials.

Campbell obviously not happy...but says that two people can't report. 70 reported was the explanation he got from the officials.
Makes sense. Campbell was pissed at 70. Right after

So weird.

I don't see how the ref can hear 70 coming in say he's eligible, but can't hear 68 say the same thing right in front of him.

I don't see how the ref can hear 70 coming in say he's eligible, but can't hear 68 say the same thing right in front of him.
I think the explanation on SVP is it. 68 reports. But ref looking at 70 run over. Thinks it’s him. (It can be both) 68 doesn’t ensure ref knows he is too.

The ref for the broadcast said there was a penalty whether he reported or not. Said he was uncovered on the line

When both those players walked over to the ref to report, he only heard one thing,

”how about them cowboys”

It looks like the Ref made a mistake that would cost Detroit the 2pt play, but you just can't automatically say they win. There was still 23 seconds left, Dallas had a timeout and Lamb had been killing the coverage all game. It's just possible that Dallas get a catch or two and kicks the FG to win as well.

At least that is what should have been given a chance to happen.

Yeah, they were just wrong on that.

Lions got screwed pretty hard here.
Disagree, it was my understanding that, even in an unbalanced line, you have to have 7 players on the LOS… they only had 6, so at least illegal formation…

IMO if the WR on the top end of the screen covers AND if 68 actually reports, then there is a beef. Looks like a fun play they threw in late in the week, then failed to execute.

Last edited:
What are the chances those three Detroit linemen duped that official a tad?

Disagree, it was my understanding that, even in an unbalanced line, you have to have 7 players on the LOS… they only had 6, so at least illegal formation…

IMO if the WR on the top end of the screen covers AND if 68 actually reports, then there is a beef. Looks like a fun play they threw in late in the week, then failed to execute.
You are correct, the flag thrown should have been for illegal formation, not ineligible receiver.

all that wouldn't have mattered if they just took the gift FG after the fake punt

IMO if the WR on the top end of the screen covers AND if 68 actually reports, then there is a beef. Looks like a fun play they through in late in the week, then failed to execute.
Decker was covered by the WR. And there were 7 on the LOS.

Absolute screw job.

View attachment 9233431

Looks like the refs screwed up and the Lions did everything correctly

Decker was covered by the WR. And there were 7 on the LOS.

Absolute screw job.

View attachment 9233431
If Decker is covered by WR he can’t be an eligible WR, so either the Lions only had 6 on the ball or Decker went out into the route illegally and touched the ball

Back