The Official 2023 NFL Thread

Here is the report from the NFL to the Ref last night.

IMG_1328.jpeg

It’s a shame it was such a big moment. The ref felt there were two penalties.

However, like most games there were missed calls on both sides. I just wish there was some type of penalty when the refs miss too many calls. If I screwed up at work over and over I would be fired. But, seems like refs can make mistakes all game long and just shake it off and say oh well.

Here is the report from the NFL to the Ref last night.

View attachment 9233458

It’s a shame it was such a big moment. The ref felt there were two penalties.

However, like most games there were missed calls on both sides. I just wish there was some type of penalty when the refs miss too many calls. If I screwed up at work over and over I would be fired. But, seems like refs can make mistakes all game long and just shake it off and say oh well.
my thought on this is #70 had reported as eligible a few times earlier in game, ref sees #70 running toward him and hears a player say I’m reporting as eligible, from there his mind just incorrectly assumes it was #70 and not #68.

The mind-blowing thing about all this is that Dan Campbell warned the ref this would happen pre-game.

Mooch breaking it down right now.
Warner saying the same thing, it was a perfectly executed play and the ref clearly was confused and blew it and said 70 is, and it was a legal formation and WR got the ok for being on the line.

This isn’t a bang bang speed play. This was a blown call pre snap and it took a win away
If the WR at the top of the screen actually got the “ok” then it was an absolutely botched call. He does look like he’s a yard off the LoS, but could be my old eyes

my thought on this is #70 had reported as eligible a few times earlier in game, ref sees #70 running toward him and hears a player say I’m reporting as eligible, from there his mind just incorrectly assumes it was #70 and not #68.

The mind-blowing thing about all this is that Dan Campbell warned the ref this would happen pre-game.
But why did 70 go over at all?

That’s also what I don’t get, was ASB not supposed to be on the LOS, or did he have a gaffe, IE he is the eligible receiver on this play if they run the mirror image.

It was all part of the trick play to try and confuse the cowboys (which ended up confusing the refs too). Although I have no idea why you try to confuse a team with a move like that when the Refs go over to defense to announce the # eligible and also announce it to the stadium

I still cannot get over that call.

I also cannot get over the tripping call that facilitated them getting the ball back with the time they did, another horrible call.
Shhhhh. No one wants to talk about the phantom tripping call that would have made this all moot to begin with............

Or the fact that Micah Parsons hasn't been held in 10 straight games.........
🙄

Because he was trying to confuse the Dallas defense as to who was reporting eligible. He confused the refs instead and it backfired.

Not sure where they got tripping from but they certainly could’ve called a hold.

It’s a little easier to understand mistakes made in the course of play. The egregious mistake on the two point play was procedural and simply can’t happen.
Absolutely. This was pre snap and they screwed up the entire thing. Their own network is taking them to task

Shhhhh. No one wants to talk about the phantom tripping call that would have made this all moot to begin with............

Or the fact that Micah Parsons hasn't been held in 10 straight games.........
🙄
To be faaaaiiiiiiiir, the Lions opted to simply not block him to be sure they didn't hold him. At least it seemed that way.

To be faaaaiiiiiiiir, the Lions opted to simply not block him to be sure they didn't hold him. At least it seemed that way.
Um, no. And that doesn't explain the other 7 games.

Shoulda called tripping on Detroit - I don't see the hold personally, but I am a Cowboys fan

IMG_1657.jpeg

I mean, that’s two hands on the nameplate at the point of attack. He tried to throw him out of the club. I wouldn’t say it was the most egregious but certainly was a hold.

Brad Allen and crew have been downgraded and will not be working in the playoffs

Miami is in a bad spot, they are playing without waddle and mostert, and Ramsey is not 100%. They lose today buffalo v Mia for the division next week. Most on here wrote buffalo off a long time ago....

Kurt Warner breaking down just how colossally bad this call was.

IMG_1394.jpeg

10 games in the early window. Redzone gonna be awesome today!

Kurt Warner breaking down just how colossally bad this call was.

View attachment 9233466
The call is accurate though isn’t it based on the pre-play announcement? The real f**k up is the pre-play activity by the ref, teams should be able to throw flags on the refs actions haha

This Purdy as the best non touted and Mr Irrelevant stuff only works like they want it to if Kurt Warner and Warren Moon were drafted.

Amazing story. Kid looks phenomenal but let’s not erase multiple HOFers.

So one marginally funny comment and we go from 10 to 7 games, one more gets us to 4? lol. I haven't watched Dallas a lot this year so I'm going to bow out on that and I don't doubt he gets held. There are a lot of calls like that (either calls made or not missed).

Reactions: JB
Tough and good game, tough breaks though, Lions will be back. What I still can't believe is how in the hell can Barnes miss Prescott on the blitz. An 80 year old grandmother could have put more skin on Precott than he did. Gimme a break...

Tough and good game, tough breaks though, Lions will be back. What I still can't believe is how in the hell can Barnes miss Prescott on the blitz. An 80 year old grandmother could have put more skin on Precott than he did. Gimme a break...
Yeah that was weird and looks really weird in slow mo. He tries to shoulder Dak instead of just wrapping him up

All elite pass rushers get held often. TJ Watt gets held regularly. Myles Garrett gets held regularly. Micah Parsons gets held regularly. It just happens. It’s no one conspiracy against a certain player. Refs just stink and there’d be an excessive amount of holding calls if they tried to flag every one.

Fox is trashing the Derek Carr signing. It's pretty funny listening to Howie and Terry laughing at the contract details.

Back