The Official Banter Away Thread

We managed to get one when the kids were born, and next year I'm hoping to get one with the rebates from our new heating and cooling system. Otherwise, yep always paying in.
Heck I didn't even get one when we bought our house a few years ago. I pay ungodly amounts in taxes already and they still take more.
:ROFLMAO:

Heck I didn't even get one when we bought our house a few years ago. I pay ungodly amounts in taxes already and they still take more.
It's the most wonderful time of the year.

House we won't, but we installed a new 3 ton heat pump which has a 2k tax credit - so we're hoping!

House we won't, but we installed a new 3 ton heat pump which has a 2k tax credit - so we're hoping!
Pondering going full solar and two electric vehicles in hopes for a refund...

Pondering going full solar and two electric vehicles in hopes for a refund...
I want to go full solar, but I'm so busy I don't have the capacity to really look into it.

My dad said he would need to pay almost 70k to get the whole homestead up north going off of solar and he would die before he made that money back when I was talking to him about it.

Solar seems like such a smart move, I can see it for you down there as well - we get a lot of overcast days here.

I want to go full solar, but I'm so busy I don't have the capacity to really look into it.

My dad said he would need to pay almost 70k to get the whole homestead up north going off of solar and he would die before he made that money back when I was talking to him about it.

Solar seems like such a smart move, I can see it for you down there as well - we get a lot of overcast days here.
All the new construction is getting solar from the start, makes a ton of sense. Summer savings on the power bill would be quite nice.

All the new construction is getting solar from the start, makes a ton of sense. Summer savings on the power bill would be quite nice.
If I had the money, I would dump 30k or so into it and let me recoup my costs for the next decade or so. The panels are supposed to last 20'ish years and my math had the break even point well before that, it wouldn't pay for the next set of panels but it would save in the long run. It's just about the initial investment.

If I had the money, I would dump 30k or so into it and let me recoup my costs for the next decade or so. The panels are supposed to last 20'ish years and my math had the break even point well before that, it wouldn't pay for the next set of panels but it would save in the long run. It's just about the initial investment.
The Florida Solar Incentive program is intriguing, I need to study it a bit more and figure out the intricacies of it though.

down goes @ddec

Does it matter? No, but for some reason It bugs me if I am not on here. lol.

1713280566196.png

If you have a carry bag, how often do you remove the straps when riding in a golf cart? I really never take straps off even when it is easy on and off.

The Florida Solar Incentive program is intriguing, I need to study it a bit more and figure out the intricacies of it though.
Whatever it is, it'll either be good for the government, or good for a business, or both. Its never as good for you as they make it seem.

Whatever it is, it'll either be good for the government, or good for a business, or both. Its never as good for you as they make it seem.
Very true.

If you have a carry bag, how often do you remove the straps when riding in a golf cart? I really never take straps off even when it is easy on and off.
I never take the straps off mine. If I have to carry from the parking lot there's no way I'm doing it with just the bag handle, and I'm not going to mess around with taking them off after the bag is on the cart, just to put them back on at the end of the round (push cart or riding cart).

Last edited:
I took the straps off mine straight away. I walk with a push cart, so there's no point to them for me.

I take them off if I'm loading the cart in the parking lot. Left my straps in the cart one of my first rounds out & if I hadn't stayed for a beer after they'd likely be gone so no more of that. I always take them off if I'm pushing.

Mine are off permanently
I should remove mine. I dont carry, cart only. Stupid straps just get in the way.

Also, I need a new bag.

I don't...

You pro or anti 14 way?
Not a fan of a 14 way. I dont really care about club organization so prefer to grab and go.

Oh... I know. I have one still in the cart.
Do It Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

I feel that. Even think we set it aside it hurts so damn bad writing the check.

That said, I impulse bought a bag the other day anyway. 🤣
The Mrs. took advantage of a lot of OT and extra shifts in the ER last year, and I hit every quarterly bonus possible. Funny how in hindsight you think back and say, damnit, shouldnt have done that.

We set aside a lot because we know we are going to owe, so it doesnt hit hard at all, but still makes me pucker up for a few weeks.

Back