The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
School just had a really nice assembly for Veterans Day and all it did was leave me even more upset and disillusioned at youth.

35 minutes. If one cannot pay attention, show respect, listen to people who served this country, and focus for a mere 35 minutes without sleeping, laughing, making jokes, etc...then I'm not sure I want to continue being around them as a chosen profession.

I know a lot of it starts at the home, but I'm a firm believer that we need to implement spanking and The Pledge of Allegiance back into the schools.

Just got an audit notice from the IRS concerning some big numbers I used as a deduction for legal expenses and a settlement a couple of years back. I have all the necessary documents, but ugh...

Don't get me started on the IRS...

School just had a really nice assembly for Veterans Day and all it did was leave me even more upset and disillusioned at youth.

35 minutes. If one cannot pay attention, show respect, listen to people who served this country, and focus for a mere 35 minutes without sleeping, laughing, making jokes, etc...then I'm not sure I want to continue being around them as a chosen profession.
I think its got a lot to do with them not knowing veterans personally these days. I always stand with hands folded at my waist, head bowed at 11-11-11, because I went to armistice day services with my grandad as a kid.

He'd be 94 if he was around today, and he served in the Royal Navy from 1940 to 1945, I was brought up on his war stories, and always very aware of what he and his comrades sacrificed and went through, how much they suffered.

I'm 28 and there's not many my age with family who served in WW2 now, usually their grandparents were born just after the war ended or later. Its a personal thing to me but it isn't for most, and its sad.

I was made aware of how easy I have it compared to that generation but kids today don't get that first hand account. Not making excuses for them but they don't grasp the importance of it. Its sad, very sad.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

just sad. There are some good ones out there that still have the respect for others but they don't have the attention span anymore with all the technology and things they are exposed to. Then add in the tv, music and other forms of entertainment and the news/politicians they get their heads filled with so much garbage. Their lack of discipline and respect are just a couple reasons I would support a mandatory military service for all eligible 18year olds.

I know a lot of it starts at the home, but I'm a firm believer that we need to implement spanking and The Pledge of Allegiance back into the schools.

You know Jester, I used to feel the same way about the spanking thing. But I don't believe it has to come to that. ( And lord knows these days you may end up in jail! ) The thing to do is take away their most prized possession(s) - usually phone / TV / video games / computer. BUT - here is where the problem comes in. A good amount of the parents of these out of control kids use these devices as babysitters - and god forbid they actually have to interact with their kids. Having to pay attention to their kids may ruin their plans - heaven forbid - so they never stick with those punishments. And now these kids are growing up like this - well, good luck with this ever changing.

Was sanding our front door down and had a piece of wood jammed deep underneath my thumb nail. Not sure if any wood fragments (or dust from the sanding) got pushed up underneath. It hurts like a mofo. I bet I get an infection in a few days ... that will be totally awesome as I'm on a business trip all of next week.

Was sanding our front door down and had a piece of wood jammed deep underneath my thumb nail. Not sure if any wood fragments (or dust from the sanding) got pushed up underneath. It hurts like a mofo. I bet I get an infection in a few days ... that will be totally awesome as I'm on a business trip all of next week.
Ouch! Hopes it gets better for you!

Post via Taptalk

OK. This is something that could only happen to me:

I've been going through periods of extreme exhaustion and weird muscle aches for months now. I finally found a doctor that was willing to try to figure out what it was and he ran about a million tests, all of which came back negative except for one.

I came back positive for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I decided to look it up on the Internet and I don't have any of the serious symptoms like the high fever or rash and haven't had a high fever in years. By the medical journals, I should be dead by now or at least it should have gotten bad enough at some time to send me to the hospital. I only have the mild symptoms of muscle aches, tingling in extremities and constant headaches.

So I guess I'm lucky that I haven't gotten seriously ill, but who knows how long I've been carrying it and what kind of internal damage it has done.

It does cause hair loss though, so from now on, I am blaming my balding on it.

Just a weird day....

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Wow, Bullitt...Not sure whether I hope they're wrong or happy they figured it out as long as it's treatable and the prognosis is good moving forward. Feel better.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

James, first thanks for what you do. I'm sure it's a very thankless job most of the time.

I I can echo many of the thoughts expressed above about teen and young people in general today. But I will say I run into s few every now and again thst are very polite and respectful, saying Sir and holding doors and saying thank you and don't always have their heads buried in their phones. To them and their parents I say, well done and keep it up.

Wow, Bullitt...Not sure whether I hope they're wrong or happy they figured it out as long as it's treatable and the prognosis is good moving forward. Feel better.

I have to take doxy for 21 days and go back to be tested again. They did say that it will probably pop back into my life and say hello from time to time for the rest of my life though.

Sad. I would say rip into them during class tomorrow, but I'm sure they'll listen to you about as much as they listened to the speakers. I'd love to sit and listen to some veterans tell their stories and experiences.

Youths today need a swift kick in the ass.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I have to take doxy for 21 days and go back to be tested again. They did say that it will probably pop back into my life and say hello from time to time for the rest of my life though.

Best of luck and hope it's not often to never.

I shuddered when I read this. Nothing more painful, well, almost nothing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this Rich. NC is a hotspot for RMSF, and by and large tick-borne diseases of all stripes can be royal pains in the arse.

Sorry to hear this Rich. NC is a hotspot for RMSF, and by and large tick-borne diseases of all stripes can be royal pains in the arse.

Yeah, it's just odd because I've never had the fever or rash associated with RMSF but came up positive after complaints of muscle soreness and exhaustion for months.

James, first thanks for what you do. I'm sure it's a very thankless job most of the time.

I I can echo many of the thoughts expressed above about teen and young people in general today. But I will say I run into s few every now and again thst are very polite and respectful, saying Sir and holding doors and saying thank you and don't always have their heads buried in their phones. To them and their parents I say, well done and keep it up.
Totally agree Rob.. sad the good ones get so overshadowed...

I can understand the sentiment. I'm also able to look back and remember a lot of jackassary that I pulled at that age. Some of us mature at different rates. The good works you are doing will take hold and affect them eventually.

Yeah, it's just odd because I've never had the fever or rash associated with RMSF but came up positive after complaints of muscle soreness and exhaustion for months.
That might be a good thing. That only happens in less than 10% of people infected, which might mean that any future occurrences might also be not as severe.

Waited so long to put a certain club in the bag. Been anticipating the bombs I was going to launch with it but after all the wait, epic fail because my swing right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waited so long to put a certain club in the bag. Been anticipating the bombs I was going to launch with it but after all the wait, epic fail because my swing right now.

Fix the swing, don't give up on the club

Fix the swing, don't give up on the club

As much as I want to say I'll try, the M1 seems to work just fine with the swing I put on it today.

As much as I want to say I'll try, the M1 seems to work just fine with the swing I put on it today.

Could it be the weight? (Assuming M1 is heavier)

Could it be the weight? (Assuming M1 is heavier)

Not sure. Was just texting with Kang about that aspect. The difference in shafts is 15-20g so maybe but then GBB seemed just as heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back