The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's just odd because I've never had the fever or rash associated with RMSF but came up positive after complaints of muscle soreness and exhaustion for months.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Isn't that from ticks?? That is crazy! Hope your feeling better soon.

Isn't that from ticks?? That is crazy! Hope your feeling better soon.

Yeah. The odd thing is that I can't remember the last time I was bitten by a tick. It had to be over a year ago minimum. I had to quit reading about it because everything I read has convinced me that I should be dead by now, since I've been fighting these issues for quite a while now and haven't had any treatment for it up until an hour ago when I took my first antibiotic in about 10 years.

Yeah. The odd thing is that I can't remember the last time I was bitten by a tick. It had to be over a year ago minimum. I had to quit reading about it because everything I read has convinced me that I should be dead by now, since I've been fighting these issues for quite a while now and haven't had any treatment for it up until an hour ago when I took my first antibiotic in about 10 years.

Is it like Lyme disease? More or less fatal?

Today was a tough day. Life is short. You're never guaranteed tomorrow. Every day is truly a blessing

From what I've read, Lyme disease is rarely fatal but causes lifelong problems. RMSF has about a 10% fatality rate if not treated in time.

More fatal. Has some symptoms similar to Lyme, but entirely different bug.

There are several tick-borne diseases ... if I was forced to pick and choose a disease to acquire, I would never - in a million years - choose any of them.

Ive had a nigley headache for the last few days which turned into a migraine last night, i havent had one of those for a couple of years, lucky my wife had some migraine tablets that helped but they are disgusting. My wife made me go to the doc today and he got me to have blood tests. Hopefully they come back all clear and its just my crappy sleep patterns that are doing it to me.

TX whiskey.....is evil in a bottle. Hangover of Texas size proportions. UGH

OK. This is something that could only happen to me:

I've been going through periods of extreme exhaustion and weird muscle aches for months now. I finally found a doctor that was willing to try to figure out what it was and he ran about a million tests, all of which came back negative except for one.

I came back positive for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I decided to look it up on the Internet and I don't have any of the serious symptoms like the high fever or rash and haven't had a high fever in years. By the medical journals, I should be dead by now or at least it should have gotten bad enough at some time to send me to the hospital. I only have the mild symptoms of muscle aches, tingling in extremities and constant headaches.

So I guess I'm lucky that I haven't gotten seriously ill, but who knows how long I've been carrying it and what kind of internal damage it has done.

It does cause hair loss though, so from now on, I am blaming my balding on it.

Just a weird day....

Bullitt

Sorry to hear this! I am curious to hear more about this. I have been dealing with similar symptoms for a few months now. I was tested for Lymes, but that was negative. Did you have any joint issues, or was it strictly muscular?

Hope you feel better man!

Bullitt

Sorry to hear this! I am curious to hear more about this. I have been dealing with similar symptoms for a few months now. I was tested for Lymes, but that was negative. Did you have any joint issues, or was it strictly muscular?

Hope you feel better man!

I had joint pain as well, especially in my ankles, knees and shoulders along with occasional tingling in my hands and feet.

I guess I'm an oddity though, because I can't find another case where someone tested positive without a high fever.

kinda been needing something good to happen lately. small, relatively insignificant but expensive and unexpected stuff has been going on in our lives and our budget is just too tight to accommodate most of it. the wife said her boss contacted her with a potential for a steady, 20 hours a week instead of her current once or twice a month shifts. that would cover the cost of the INSANELY expensive private school we are having to consider (oldest has some learning and developmental challenges). come to find out the shift is God awful, and we would need to hire a nanny, oh and it starts 1/1/2016. i went from being really excited about the potential for a 30% increase in our annual income, to being back at square one. pales in comparison to what a lot of people have to deal with, but still bummed.

TX whiskey.....is evil in a bottle. Hangover of Texas size proportions. UGH
I ran out and need to get more.
But I know, moderation is a must with this whiskey.

Today was a tough day. Life is short. You're never guaranteed tomorrow. Every day is truly a blessing
This doesn't sound good at all. Sorry for your loss.

This doesn't sound good at all. Sorry for your loss.
Thanks Frank. My friend who lost his fight with brain cancer was buried yesterday. He served in the Army up until he was diagnosed so they had a really beautiful ceremony for him. Just sucked to not have had the chance to say goodbye to him.

I ran out and need to get more.
But I know, moderation is a must with this whiskey.

Finally feeling ok, that stuff snuck up on me. So good though!!

These last 6 weeks or so I feel like I have hardly had any time for THP. It is tough knowing the weather probably won't allow for many more, if any, rounds now until possibly March but having THP to read always makes that less of an annoyance at not being able to get out on the course. However, with the changes at work it just feels like my day consists of work, get home, eat something, sleep and repeat and I am starting to struggle with it all now especially with the last 3 weeks being 7.30am to 5pm

I am hoping that will change again soon, but I can see it being at least another 10-12 weeks before we get a replacement in at work so that the 2 of us can hand over the work we have had to pick up since the beginning of October

Looks like my favorite country station here in Columbus is no more. K95.5 and then later K107.1had been on the air for 50 years I think. They are gone now. They played the good country, the old stuff not this new pop country crap.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

These last 6 weeks or so I feel like I have hardly had any time for THP. It is tough knowing the weather probably won't allow for many more, if any, rounds now until possibly March but having THP to read always makes that less of an annoyance at not being able to get out on the course. However, with the changes at work it just feels like my day consists of work, get home, eat something, sleep and repeat and I am starting to struggle with it all now especially with the last 3 weeks being 7.30am to 5pm

I am hoping that will change again soon, but I can see it being at least another 10-12 weeks before we get a replacement in at work so that the 2 of us can hand over the work we have had to pick up since the beginning of October
I dont know how you guys do it. I know you just deal with it. But I just imagine not playing for like 4 months.

I dont know how you guys do it. I know you just deal with it. But I just imagine not playing for like 4 months.

A couple of us played on Saturday and it was cold and wet with the rain we had had overnight and that morning and due to teeing off at lunchtime and having the course to ourselves we were hitting multiple balls and ran out of daylight on 17.....

I do still try to get to the range once a week, but if we have snow on the ground that may not be possible so I have to make the most of every chance I get between now and the nice weather again

Yes, winters here in Annapolis certainly significantly reduces the ability to play. Fortunately, there are 2 of 3 days each winter month where the conditions are such that I can head to the Ocean City area, dress appropriately and get a round in. Also, at my age, I have retired friends that snowbird and invite me for a visit.

However, that said, I look at each spring as a new beginning of sorts. That the hibernation of winter is over and a new season is beginning, especially the golf season. Because things are somewhat anew, that includes my golf game. It allows me to establish new goals for my golfing efforts, to start fresh, so to speak. Its been said, if you've never cried, you don't really know how good it is to laugh. In a golfing sense, the crying of winter, creates the laughter of the spring.

Broke down and got an eye exam after realizing; I can't see. The optometrist basically told me he doesn't know how I've been functioning with how bad my vision is. Looks like I'll be 4 eyes now as he strongly suggested I wear them all the time. Getting old is for the birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broke down and got an eye exam after realizing; I can't see. The optometrist basically told me he doesn't know how I've been functioning with how bad my vision is. Looks like I'll be 4 eyes now as he strongly suggested I wear them all the time. Getting old is for the birds.

Just remember when you see Philly V for the first time, he has a big heart. :act-up:

So you and PhillyV basically couldn't see each other for god knows how long now????

Love at first sight.....for the birds. :act-up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back