The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacqui got a new to her car (2005 Impala) and I went to a dealership to get a second key made. Went to Service first, and the guy said I would have to go to parts to get the key and have it cut and then bring it back to him to get it programmed. He took my key back to confirm there was a transponder in it first. Said it is 60 bucks for the programming.

So I go over to parts to get the key made and they guy looks at it and says "Doesn't look like there is a chip in this one" (I didn't say anything about what the service guy said). So he makes the key, checks to make sure it works, charges me 10 bucks and I leave. I was going to see what they charged for an oil change (since I was there anyway), but after the guy lied to me about the key, I didn't even want to give him any of my money.

Now I am just waiting for the spare key fob to come in a day or two so I can program that (looks like a simple job).

Jacqui got a new to her car (2005 Impala) and I went to a dealership to get a second key made. Went to Service first, and the guy said I would have to go to parts to get the key and have it cut and then bring it back to him to get it programmed. He took my key back to confirm there was a transponder in it first. Said it is 60 bucks for the programming.

So I go over to parts to get the key made and they guy looks at it and says "Doesn't look like there is a chip in this one" (I didn't say anything about what the service guy said). So he makes the key, checks to make sure it works, charges me 10 bucks and I leave. I was going to see what they charged for an oil change (since I was there anyway), but after the guy lied to me about the key, I didn't even want to give him any of my money.

Now I am just waiting for the spare key fob to come in a day or two so I can program that (looks like a simple job).
The service department is where the dealership makes the most money. Does it surprise you any? Stop being lazy and change the oil yourself.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I will say they have started cleaning up after their dog, for the most part. But I hate looking out my window or working outside while dipsh*t neighbor is standing their for 15 minutes playing on his phone while letting his dog prance around and crap. It's pretty awkward and I just don't understand how someone feels comfortable to do that. It's times like these I wish our dog was more aggressive and I could send her out to scare their oversized rat.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just think it's unacceptable - I'd get in that son of a ******* face and shove that iPhone up his ass. He is disrespecting you and telling you what he thinks of you. I could care less that he is cleaning up, the issue is that he thinks it's fine and you are just supposed to accept it. I love my dogs but they are my dogs and I don't make them someone else's problem.

Now mind you I'm originally from Philadelphia and I enjoy getting into fights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think it's unacceptable - I'd get in that son of a ******* face and shove that iPhone up his ass. He is disrespecting you and telling you what he thinks of you. I could care less that he is cleaning up, the issue is that he thinks it's fine and you are just supposed to accept it. I love my dogs but they are my dogs and I don't make them someone else's problem.

Now mind you I'm originally from Philadelphia and I enjoy getting into fights.

When I moved to Dallas years ago I brought a little of my "Philly" with me. Dallas people are extremely passive aggressive. A close local friend and 57 year native of Dallas describes me with the George Bernard Shaw quote "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it"

Everywhere I turn today it seems like one piece of bad news after another today. Need this day to end.

Everywhere I turn today it seems like one piece of bad news after another today. Need this day to end.

Those days are the worst.

Those days are the worst.

It can only get better right. I feel so damn helpless right now too with this ankle issue.

I find this helps

7fd13fdde3fd1ad5250a007ebc94cbc9.jpg

I find this helps

7fd13fdde3fd1ad5250a007ebc94cbc9.jpg

I am on my third glass of wine. Any more and it becomes difficult to walk on my crutches. :angel:

After watching about a million Buick commercials over the weekend I got to thinking, I have never heard anyone mention Buicks nor have they thought a car was a Mercedes but upon closer review turned out to be a Buick. Someone is lying to me.

Dealership we purchased my wife's Jeep at, mucked up the paperwork for her tags and as such her 30 day tag expires tomorrow. Their response? Just drive it and we will pay the ticket if you're pulled over for it.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Official Rant of the Day

Just discovered that about 2 months ago I accidentally deleted the wrong backup file on my external drive. I thought it was for my laptop, but it was for my old work PC. 16 years worth of white papers, reports, press releases, etc are all gone along with a ton of music.

I'm really kicking myself right now.

After watching about a million Buick commercials over the weekend I got to thinking, I have never heard anyone mention Buicks nor have they thought a car was a Mercedes but upon closer review turned out to be a Buick. Someone is lying to me.

I think the senile old lady in the commercial is the wrong messenger for being confused that it's a Buick

Just discovered that about 2 months ago I accidentally deleted the wrong backup file on my external drive. I thought it was for my laptop, but it was for my old work PC. 16 years worth of white papers, reports, press releases, etc are all gone along with a ton of music.

I'm really kicking myself right now.

Yeah. Sometimes it is impossible to find that music again. :D

Yeah. Sometimes it is impossible to find that music again. :D

Actually sometimes it is. I have a lot of tunes from indie bands who tend to disappear quickly, and after they stop paying their Tunecore fees, their music disappears from iTunes and other services. Or it's music that was ripped from an old 7" EP.

I'm honestly more upset about all the writing pieces that I wanted for my own portfolio though.

I used to have a golf game....so disappointed about where I've fallen. And several other things I shouldn't post about have me down to.

Chin up man. You seemed a bit out of sorts on Sunday but I wasn't sure.

Despite continuing to move up the food chain rapidly, sales pipeline for my company is pitiful and the recent round of layoffs was the 3rd in 3 years. I have a very sweet gig compared to most but I keep thinking I should start solidifying a backup plan.

I had really hoped the next time I looked for a job I would be making some plan to be my own boss or put myself into a field I truly love. I fell into a career during college 30 years ago and it has paid the bills to the point where it would be hard to change.

I went through a similar story trying to get a new remote fob for my GMC truck. Service department said I had to leave my truck there overnight and was going to cost $450 for a new key and programming.
I go online and buy the thing for $60 and program it myself in the driveway in about 27 seconds.

These "service departments" are basically a public form of organized crime and every time a stealership burns down I feel warm and happy inside.

I go online and buy the thing for $60 and program it myself in the driveway in about 27 seconds.

I did the same but had way more trouble than 27 seconds. After doing the dance with the car door and ignition a few times I gave up.

Thought my dog had an epulis in his mouth, so brought him in to have it removed. They called back and said it could either be hyperplasia, or cancer. I'm not ready for it to be cancer. As much as I love this guy, he's getting on up there in years (12 years old) and the cost of out-of-pocket chemo just isn't in the cards (or bank account). So really hoping for hyperplasia and something he can live with without affecting him negatively too much.

Best wishes, deuce.

I went through a similar story trying to get a new remote fob for my GMC truck. Service department said I had to leave my truck there overnight and was going to cost $450 for a new key and programming.

These "service departments" are basically a public form of organized crime and every time a stealership burns down I feel warm and happy inside.
Her spare key fob came in yesterday and the directions for it are actually in the car manual. Which was still with the car!

Took a few minutes. You actually program it with the radio, so it's a good thing they didn't replace it with a better one.

Her in-channel window vents come in tomorrow. Those will be a breeze as I have put them in every vehicle I've had since 2001.

a rant about my own stupidity. decided to replace my wedges this year and custom ordered direct from the oem. i guess i chose the correct shaft for one wedge, and the wrong shaft for the other. now to decide whether to spend another $50 for new shaft, grip and labor, or ride it out and see how it goes. i'm sure as sh1t not re-ordering and waiting any longer!!!

a rant about my own stupidity. decided to replace my wedges this year and custom ordered direct from the oem. i guess i chose the correct shaft for one wedge, and the wrong shaft for the other. now to decide whether to spend another $50 for new shaft, grip and labor, or ride it out and see how it goes. i'm sure as sh1t not re-ordering and waiting any longer!!!

Every time I make an order I check it like 800 times and even then I'm still nervous!! Haha. That sucks man, hope you can get it figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back