The Official Tennis Thread (Spoliers)

Nadal is 60 for 64 in matches he's played this year. Mind blowing. He is far from ever looking lost.

Serena out of the Aussie Open by way of Ana Ivanovic.

Serena was WAY out of sorts in the 2nd set especially. Didn't look like her normal self. 3rd set was really weird. She rightly got penalized for being ridiculously slow on her service games. And then, she barely took a breath between points. Ivanovic had to stop her a couple of times it was so fast. And Serena played much better when she played fast. BUT, her attitude when she got called out was terrible. I've never been too much of a fan of hers, so I'm happy she's gone.

This means either the 19 year old, supremely talented Canadian, Genie Bouchard (as long as she wins later tonight) or Ana Ivanovic, who has been to rock bottom and has found her game again, will be in the Last 8 and have the chance to play Sharapova for a spot in the last 4. Yeah, I think Ladies Tennis needed that Serena upset.

Love it when either Williams sister losses. I don't like either one of them.

Eugenie Bouchard, the 19 year old Canadian, is through to the Semis. She's never been past the 3rd round in her Grand Slam career. What a story this could be. We might be seeing the new face of women's tennis. Beauty+Great Game=Endless Success

Some truly inspired tennis was going on yesterday. Radwanska looked like she was reading Azarenka's mind on almost every point. She got to ball that I didn't know you could get! Nadal and Dimitrov were playing just incredible tennis start to finish, but Nadal was mentally strong and Dimitrov just got too tired. Federer looked like the player we all loved. He beat a surprisingly well fit Andy Murray. Andy just had nothing for Federer.

Semi's should be awesome to watch.

Some truly inspired tennis was going on yesterday. Radwanska looked like she was reading Azarenka's mind on almost every point. She got to ball that I didn't know you could get! Nadal and Dimitrov were playing just incredible tennis start to finish, but Nadal was mentally strong and Dimitrov just got too tired. Federer looked like the player we all loved. He beat a surprisingly well fit Andy Murray. Andy just had nothing for Federer.

Semi's should be awesome to watch.
Ugggg, missed the Nadal and Federer matches. I was looking forward to the Federer/Murray match. Now it's Nadal/Federer....must see TV!!

I'm a gigantic Federer fan, nice to see the GOAT with another good chance at winning a major. In my younger days, there would be no doubt that I'd stay up for Federer-Nadal in a couple of days, but that's not possible now. Hopefully I can watch a replay at some point.

I'm a gigantic Federer fan, nice to see the GOAT with another good chance at winning a major. In my younger days, there would be no doubt that I'd stay up for Federer-Nadal in a couple of days, but that's not possible now. Hopefully I can watch a replay at some point.

3 letters - DVR

If last night was like anything of what's to come, the semi's will be must see TV.

Good idea, but work + baby makes it hard for me to even carve that time out.

I think it's on at 3am Friday morning. Maybe the baby will wake up early and you can do AM duty? LOL. Ok, wouldn't wish that on anyone. No way I'm getting up to watch it live. I'll have to catch up and watch Friday night.

gonna watch our local star Genie Bouchard tonight in the semifinals, cant beleive she will already be in teh top 20 after less than 2 years pro

gonna watch our local star Genie Bouchard tonight in the semifinals, cant beleive she will already be in teh top 20 after less than 2 years pro

She's incredible dude. She just has the star power radiating from her. Canada, and Montreal, have a big Tennis star in the making.

She's incredible dude. She just has the star power radiating from her. Canada, and Montreal, have a big Tennis star in the making.

Now its on!

Sad to see Genie go, but she was totally outmatched. Li Na looked really impressive. Once Genie got calmed down and into the game, Li Na was just getting fired up. Good learning experience for her though.

But the shock of the night was Cibulkova beating Radwanska. Radwanska was a sure thing to get to the final after dismantling Vika. But, Cibulkova just looked Radwanska. Aggie looked tired and couldn't get anything going.

Should be a great final.

I know who I'm pulling for!

Dominika%2BCibulkova%2Bhd%2BWallpaper-3.jpg

Li Na advanced to Australia Open Final 2014 again !

Li Na advanced to Australia Open Final 2014 again !

Li Na advanced to Australia Open Final 2014 again ! I love her so much, I think she can win Australia Open this time ! oh yeah !:banana:

I know who I'm pulling for!

Dominika%2BCibulkova%2Bhd%2BWallpaper-3.jpg

I'll take your Cibulkova and raise you Bouchard.
Eugenie-Bouchard-img12138_668.jpg

As for the Federer-Nadal match, I thought it was meh. There was some great tennis, but it was clear Nadal was controlling throughout. Good to see the rivalry renewed again though.

Watching the Men's Final. Assuming it's already done, but I don't want to see the result anywhere!

But 8th seed Wawrinka beat Nadal 6-3 in the first set and broke Nadal's serve in the first game of the second. Wins the first two games of the set. Shocker here.

Injury timeout by Nadal, down 2-1 in the second. He gets booed when he comes back out.

6-2 in the second for Wawrinka. Nadal wins the first two in the third set.

Hopefully the pain meds kicked in and we'll have a real final here.

Nadal wins the third 6-3. He looks back on his game.

Wawrinka wins in four sets and wins his first Grand Slam event.

Looks like two women I've never heard of in the Women's Final.

Im surprised Nadal made it that far, he looked in real pain.

Back