The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Some great golf is being played without Tiger but I sure wish he's hurry up and come back, it seems weird without him out there this week.

Some great golf is being played without Tiger but I sure wish he's hurry up and come back, it seems weird without him out there this week.

I agree Marc...I know it shouldn't change my viewing habits of these bigger tournaments, but my excitement level just isn't quite as high without him playing. It will be for the majors, but not for just marquis tour stops.

The competition is so so so good now . And the best generation is even better . Trackman / proper fitting / better course conditions / and body conditioning . I wouldn't be surprised if we see more 59's in the future and a course reach 8000 yards or pass . Tiger started all of this he set the bar. The bad thing and the truthful thing , these changes have done little to none to improve our amateur games . Infact the course designs are making it even harder for us

The competition is so so so good now . And the best generation is even better . Trackman / proper fitting / better course conditions / and body conditioning . I wouldn't be surprised if we see more 59's in the future and a course reach 8000 yards or pass . Tiger started all of this he set the bar. The bad thing and the truthful thing , these changes have done little to none to improve our amateur games . Infact the course designs are making it even harder for us

I would disagree with no improvement at the amateur level. We have more tip level college players then ever before. The average oglers has a choice to get better and chooses not to get better. That is in them not TW.

Teaching pros need to be improving the game not TW or any other tour pro. Teachers wait for students instead of going out and getting them. Selling the game and improvement at an affordable price.

I always wonder how involved golfers are with the design/architecture of these courses. I could have sworn I read somewhere that there are some Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer designed courses that the two have never even stepped foot on the property. Their design teams built the course without any input from them. I could be wrong as it has been awhile since I read that article, but it just made me think about how involved they actually are with these courses.

Not Nicklaus. He is involved at some level on every course his company builds. He may not always be the superintendent at the site, but he has always said that he takes every project seriously enough to be personally involved. He spends a half his life in his jet hopping from one project to another.

I don't know how true that is, but I do know that my Home Course, American Lake Veterans Golf Club, was designed by Jack Nicklaus and I was there when he personally stopped by to cut the ribbon and shovel ground for the new back nine.... now in the process of being built. He has made 6 trips to the course that I know of. Oh... and by the way... he has done this design and supervised the building, PRO BONO. He's a good man.

995526_683896268290142_1502392394_n.jpg

6a00d8341caaef53ef019aff2b104c970d-800wi

1238118_683896274956808_1380659719_n.jpg

Never said he wasn't a good man. I had just read an article that some of these designed by "name of player" courses weren't actually designed by that player.

I think I just heard Brandel Chamblee saying good things about Tiger! Am I hearing this right?

I think I just heard Brandel Chamblee saying good things about Tiger! Am I hearing this right?

No f'n way!!!! Lol I can't believe you

I swear he was complimenting his game when he won his last open, he would have been the odd man out though had he not. I hope they make peace one day, Brandel was a good golfer at one time, he should at least respect what Tiger's accomplished.

I swear he was complimenting his game when he won his last open, he would have been the odd man out though had he not. I hope they make peace one day, Brandel was a good golfer at one time, he should at least respect what Tiger's accomplished.

Yeah sounds like he was probably just following suit. He sure is always first to jump on the bashing trains when they come around. We'll see what happens in the future tho. Not a fan of him at all haha

It must have been a rerun from year's ago!!!

It was nice to hear Rory's presser today when he gave Tiger props for basically changing the game for them, the way they played, the way they trained, and the prize pools as well. He certainly changed the way I looked at and watched golf.

It must have been a rerun from year's ago!!!

maybe due to lower ratings they are going to cut his pay so starting to relize tiger is not so bad

I've heard BC say plenty of nice things about TW. I always see pigs flying by window when it happens....lol...I'm just kidding

I wonder what's going through Tigers head having to watch from a couch this year, It's got to be tough. I know it would be for me.

I wonder what's going through Tigers head having to watch from a couch this year, It's got to be tough. I know it would be for me.

That's assuming he's watching.

From all I've read, Tiger rarely watches golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is encouraging.

This made me smile thanks ary

talked to a couple guys on Sunday & word is he is really trying to be ready for the British Open, he is not pushing himself, he is doing proper therapy but that is his goal

I hope he makes the British but not if it's going to result in future injuries because of impatience.

maybe he was just bored watching the US Open like the rest of us.

WEST PALM BEACH — The long arm of justice has followed injured golfer Tiger Woods all the way home! A golf memorabilia outfit that won a judgement in Miami against Woods’ ETW Corp. in March just filed the paperwork it needs to collect in Palm Beach County, where Woods’ business is based. And the final bill is nearly double the judgment that was announced, according to court papers first obtained by Gossip Extra! Woods now owes Gotta Have It Golf, a Miami-based memorabilia company, a whopping $1.22 million! The judgment, reached by an all-female jury, was $668,340. But the interests, which started running in 2006 and continue now, come to about $552,597.

Read More..
http://gossipextra.com/2014/06/17/tiger-woods-million-judgment-filed-palm-beach-3767/

Luckily he can pay that with his pocket money. Hope he can play the Open

T.V. golf is just not the same with him out, at least when he is playing well there is always a chance he will get on a run and pull out another win.

It seems like nobody has the stomach to make a run at a leader anymore. That course was crazy hard last weekend but I fell asleep watching.

Maybe I am just wishing for the old Tiger who always seemed to have a chance, made me want to see every shot.

Back