Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having the same issue with arrow. We were going to take him in for allergy testing but I just found out it could be $1200.

That was our situation also. Having a dog is not easy on the checkbook! I don't know how much we spent on her when she was a puppy trying to figure out all of her issues but it was a pretty penny.

We feed Layla Purina Pro Plan sensitive skin and stomach (at least I think that's the full name). We had gone through a lot of different foods and this one had been doing very well for her. This year just seems to be especially tough on her. We used to feed her Blue Buffalo and that was maybe a little better but it was also quite a bit more expensive. I think I just need to keep up the Benadryl the rest of this fall and see if that gets her through the season, at least that is what the vet has recommended up to this point. This just seems to be a tough allergy season, hopefully it doesn't become the norm every year.

To all be very aware of food and treats you give your pet. Pet foods that contain fillers could be the reason there are reactions.

If you want clean eating you can also try raw diet. If you're not familiar it's pretty much a raw patty of meat you give and supplement with things like green beans, pumpkin, or a scoop of plain stony field yogurt. The raw diet is a very clean and yields little to no inflammatory responses on pets digestion. Only drawback, it can get a little pricey. We average about $75-$80 for A 6-8 week supply.

Some may think why raw meat? That can't be safe? Well if you think about it, that's what a dogs digestive system is built for. They contain all the enzymes needed to digest raw meat. I supplement my dogs raw diet with probiotics for pets too as padded coverage. Worth a shot for those suffering with pet allergies. It's a very clean way of eating for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also just a personal experience that cracks me up but every time I visit the vet he comes in and rants and raves how healthy my dog is and how he is at a great weight. Then he asks what are we feeding him and we tell him raw. And he goes "ohhhhh nooooo that's bad for him you shouldn't do that." But two second before he was just praising us? So be careful because some vets are so anti-raw diet because they have to push their own brands they carry.

Don't get me wrong either, my in-laws dog was fed stop and shop brand food and he lived for 16 years. But he showed no issues to it.

I guess Roxie is a little bit more herself tonight, up on her love seat, watching over the neighborhood through our front window...
Showing a little more energy, but not to the point of playing Tug with her rope, or playing ball.

I won't be home until at least this weekend, hopefully she's all better by then!

Roxie is feeling better, this is her waiting for Louann to take her for a walk.
And the reports are from laying around resting for a few days she's full of piss and vinegar....
710b2d2625c9133b98738bf9743b2a04.jpg

Roxie is feeling better, this is her waiting for Louann to take her for a walk.
And the reports are from laying around resting for a few days she's full of piss and vinegar....
710b2d2625c9133b98738bf9743b2a04.jpg

Awesome to hear! What a beauty she is!

Waking up to that face........ill take cute for 1000 please Alex
7559ac51a21ef940b4f13cc5fccdb25a.jpg

Find Arrow.
96f36635ab568bca5d5fe75a156eb9eb.jpg

c882e1ae6be85401fc7fa8221641ea41.jpg

Someone hates his monthly shot.

4b11ac03f569e8193b700be7c4f6d258.jpg

Took this last night. He kept staring at me and I couldn't figure out why. Finally he gave up and it was all because he wanted his bed on the floor. He settled for resting just his head until I got the point haha

Disclosure: please don't judge me on the mess! Just bought the house two months the ago and I'm redoing the living room!

Some may think why raw meat? That can't be safe?
Those people must not own dogs. Things my younger dog has eaten:

- Her poop
- The other dog's poop
- Small rocks
- Cat litter
- A whole steak in one gulp
- Charcoal
- Grass
- Weeds
- Small bugs
- Big bugs

None of those gave her digestive troubles. Raw diet from a pet store (or even just the grocery store which is *way* cheaper) is nothing to a dog's digestion.

This is her when I first brought her home from the pound.

H6nhnmp.jpg

Those people must not own dogs. Things my younger dog has eaten:

- Her poop
- The other dog's poop
- Small rocks
- Cat litter
- A whole steak in one gulp
- Charcoal
- Grass
- Weeds
- Small bugs
- Big bugs

None of those gave her digestive troubles. Raw diet from a pet store (or even just the grocery store which is *way* cheaper) is nothing to a dog's digestion.

This is her when I first brought her home from the pound.

H6nhnmp.jpg

Ha she's gorgeous! Looks like she's so happy and has a great character to her!

Ha she's gorgeous! Looks like she's so happy and has a great character to her!
Yeah, she's classic pit bull. Super sweet and loving. She wishes she was a lap dog most of the time, and when I'm home she's rarely more than 10 feet from me.

Yeah, she's classic pit bull. Super sweet and loving. She wishes she was a lap dog most of the time, and when I'm home she's rarely more than 10 feet from me.
Definitely classic pit. Ours is such a ham

She's 19 (the cat) but not afraid to photobomb lol she was being ridiculous this morning we couldn't stop laughing.
833963c47a3b1ab4087698faabd49084.jpg

877f7b5997de09a90ed2eef0e94d3ac1.jpg

Last edited:
She's 19 (the cat) but not afraid to photobomb lol she was being ridiculous this morning we couldn't stop laughing.
"Wait a minute...have you seen the cat lately?"

"Oh no, is it behind me?"

Lol. They are ridiculous together, best buddies

I love that second pic. I'm not sure if that's a look of surprise or worry. Maybe both. Looks like they are both characters though.

I love that second pic. I'm not sure if that's a look of surprise or worry. Maybe both. Looks like they are both characters though.
Probably both haha. That cat being 19 is seriously freaking crazy! She lost mobility in her back legs one day and we feared the worst but after finding out it was a blood pressure issue and we have her on meds she's literally just everywhere now. She jumps on things that someone that old should never jump on haha. We think she's a Benjamin Button type and she's somehow getting younger haha. Anyways they are inseparable and they make for some of the best pics (my avatar).

I have never really seen Ellie play with another dog, in fact she is pretty indifferent to other dogs aside from the butt sniffing tango.

But today I watched her play with Arrow, like get down on the ground, bat each other with their paws and nip at each others neck playing. It was awesome!

Haha butt sniff tango! Classic! Arrow is bringing play back into Ellie

Probably both haha. That cat being 19 is seriously freaking crazy! She lost mobility in her back legs one day and we feared the worst but after finding out it was a blood pressure issue and we have her on meds she's literally just everywhere now. She jumps on things that someone that old should never jump on haha. We think she's a Benjamin Button type and she's somehow getting younger haha. Anyways they are inseparable and they make for some of the best pics (my avatar).
I've always wondered how you got that pic. Perfect timing with the camera or was the cat messing with the dog? They seem like a duo of trouble.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I've always wondered how you got that pic. Perfect timing with the camera or was the cat messing with the dog? They seem like a duo of trouble.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
My sister takes a million pics of them and that was an in between shot that was hilarious. My phone is filled with them haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back