Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I'll have to check that one out for sure.
Notta prob. That's the one we use most but we've got a few more laying around so i can get the info on those too if need be. Id just send them to you to try but i think they'd rub too much at 60+.

Curious what everyone's thoughts and recommendations are as far as the best harness for walking a big, strong dog (60+ lbs)?
Check out front lead harnesses. Brix would always pull Amanda with a regular harness to the point where she didn't want to walk him. We tried a front lead and it's like night and day difference. Hardly any pulling at all.

Notta prob. That's the one we use most but we've got a few more laying around so i can get the info on those too if need be. Id just send them to you to try but i think they'd rub too much at 60+.

Thanks again! My guy is a little bigger than your girl. He will really pull on walks sometimes.

Check out front lead harnesses. Brix would always pull Amanda with a regular harness to the point where she didn't want to walk him. We tried a front lead and it's like night and day difference. Hardly any pulling at all.

This is the one I use as well, its called the Easy-Walk:

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/collars...6-catid-100012?var_id=36-9378&_t=pfm=category

My brother uses one called the gentle leader for his 85lbs pit who likes to pull a lot as well. It goes around their snout but is not a muzzle. It just allows much better control of the head:

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/collars-harnesses-leashes/petsafe-gentle-leader-training-dog-collar-zid36-8851/cat-36-catid-100012?var_id=36-8851&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/collars...6-catid-100012?var_id=36-9378&_t=pfm=category

My brother uses one called the gentle leader for his 85lbs pit who likes to pull a lot as well. It goes around their snout but is not a muzzle. It just allows much better control of the head:

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/collars-harnesses-leashes/petsafe-gentle-leader-training-dog-collar-zid36-8851/cat-36-catid-100012?var_id=36-8851&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

I think we had one similar to the easy-walk and I liked how the leash connected in the front, definitely helped with the pulling. Only issue we had was the metal size adjusters didn't hold well, especially if they got wet.

I think he'd freak with anything on his face.

Here are my Boxer babies. These are my children basically. Brindle is 12 years old and her name is Hope. The fawn colored one is 7 year old Lucky. The dark brown (he looks black) is my pup named Ace. He just turned one.

Ace%20Puppy_zpshajywk7v.jpg

Hopie_zpsbjkzaoni.jpg

Ace%20rope_zpsa53kep0g.jpg

IMG_0325-L_zps0i0dfl9o.jpg

I think we had one similar to the easy-walk and I liked how the leash connected in the front, definitely helped with the pulling. Only issue we had was the metal size adjusters didn't hold well, especially if they got wet.

The gentle leader definitely took some getting used to for the pittie, but it has stopped the pulling completely. Well worth the week or two training period.

Curious what everyone's thoughts and recommendations are as far as the best harness for walking a big, strong dog (60+ lbs)?

I am a huge fan of Ruffwear's products - we have this harness for our 65 lb Labradoodle and we've never seen any signs of rubbing or chafing

front-range-dog-harness-ruffwear-colors.jpg

I think I still ahve a front lead harness I used with my 95 pounds lab, you can have it if you want to try, not sure if it would fit though.

I think I still ahve a front lead harness I used with my 95 pounds lab, you can have it if you want to try, not sure if it would fit though.
Thanks Marty, not sure with the 30lb difference. You should keep it for your next dog though :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That's the problem we had with the one that goes around the muzzle. Brix legitimately sat down and refused to walk it was kind of comical. The front lead one tho works like a charm.

I am a huge fan of Ruffwear's products - we have this harness for our 65 lb Labradoodle and we've never seen any signs of rubbing or chafing

front-range-dog-harness-ruffwear-colors.jpg
Just ordered one of these for the puppy. She hates walking with just a collar so I got her one of these to help train her a bit.

Did it just get a little dusty in here? :)

154511_3695216974954_1342479833_n.jpg

5517a4487839322329b15e9df0bdd963.jpg

I think it's time for a new duck toy for Hogan.

He seems to like that one

My 10yo came up to me the other day and asked me how he can be responsible. After giving him a few examples I asked why he wanted to know.... "mom says if I can learn to be responsible I can get a dog!!!!!"

Oh boy...

A little throwback for my mom's birthday:

bb7cf4a84146750d0bb174464c65f79c.jpg

Maci keeps stealing my THP hats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are sneaking up on 2 years since our lab died. The kids want another dog. The wife left a printout of a rescue lab for me to find. I'm not sure I'm ready to take this on, but it may be inevitable.

We are sneaking up on 2 years since our lab died. The kids want another dog. The wife left a printout of a rescue lab for me to find. I'm not sure I'm ready to take this on, but it may be inevitable.
Im in the same boat, my fiancee keeps showing me pictures of rescue dogs, I'm just not ready for that yet

Im in the same boat, my fiancee keeps showing me pictures of rescue dogs, I'm just not ready for that yet
Hey, just thought I would post a pic of 2 rescue dogs, just so you can get an idea of what you might be missing
57970c2ba59a8d61eba0223169c379fc.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back