The Red Wine Thread

popped this for a steak dinner with the wife tonight

eb4d5c69334a5099cb0cde7f939a3bfd.jpg

really high scores, but pretty shut down right now. definite promise and some stuffing for what might be a great wine in the next 18-36 months. but even after 90 minutes in the decanter it was really shy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popped this for a steak dinner with the wife tonight

eb4d5c69334a5099cb0cde7f939a3bfd.jpg

really high scores, but pretty shut down right now. definite promise and some stuffing for what might be a great wine in the next 18-36 months. but even after 90 minutes in the decanter it was really shy.

I like pretty much anything from Bedrock, but find their red zins a bit light for the style.

I like pretty much anything from Bedrock, but find their red zins a bit light for the style.

always found their wines to be really approachable, open knit and full of flavor without getting too candied/flabby. this one was structured and by the end of the night had some real promise.

another bottle of 2012 water mill mourvèdre tonight that was delicious. now into a 2016 alto moncayo veraton, which was one of the first wines that got me excited about what wine can be as an experience in and of itself. vintage to vintage this wine is consistent and delicious. its bigger brother is so good as well, but a very different experience. the highest level aquilon doesn’t justify the price imho.

holy cow was this phenomenal tonight. a wee bit out of the op price range but an ethereal experience nonetheless

2c1cbdd231c151ca4e6b3baab988943d.jpg

93ae4d301df5f15cb3ff169e3130dbcb.jpg

holy cow was this phenomenal tonight. a wee bit out of the op price range but an ethereal experience nonetheless

2c1cbdd231c151ca4e6b3baab988943d.jpg

93ae4d301df5f15cb3ff169e3130dbcb.jpg

This is why we are friends. I just finished some “ethereal” bourbon (wrong thread) but we were drinking together in spirit my brother!

This is why we are friends. I just finished some “ethereal” bourbon (wrong thread) but we were drinking together in spirit my brother!

i had some damn fine bourbon tonight too lol. might be a little tip tip at the moment.

Yowza! SQN a rare find on a golf board!

Yowza! SQN a rare find on a golf board!

i was shocked to find it at acre in auburn, alabama. they had two grenaches (13 with no designation, and 14 shakti) and two syrahs (12 stock and 14 shakti). prices were below retail!

the wine was everything i could ever ask for. hid its alcohol impressively. drank beautifully but will continue to age.

i’ve been shut out of their mailing list for the past 5 years, but when i get on i will buy everything they will let me buy.

how do you respond to a crappy week and a crappier day? with a great bottle of wine.

eb88134f03a2b8caaeebd36a5ab4dbff.jpg

Agreed. Gave a glass for me.

Agreed. Gave a glass for me.

sarah and i need to make it over and do a wine dinner with you and gg. i bought a bunch of ridonkadonk bottles to drink this week, but haven’t felt very well and was too stressed to warrant opening them.

81821f4969e5b68c0183450b51268639.jpg

custom crush washington syrah tonight. made by the navarre brothers at rasa vineyards. was just ok when we first got it, but over the years has become something fantastic. these guys do great wine at rasa if you have a chance to grab some qed or creative impulse.

Casillero De Diablo, their Malbec and Cab are two of my favorites, and come in around $10 a bottle. I am a big fan of South American reds in general, but these two are favorites.

Old School .....Blackstone merlot....opened some to add to a pot roast so I might as well drink he rest lol

You're not supposed to cook with anything that you wouldn't drink so I approve!

didn't drink, but placed my order for cayuse. first year i've been given an allocation on their mailing list. hands down some of my favorite wines in the world, and honesty the tariff isn't that bad given the quality.

maybe i should start a red wine - pro wine snob thread...

This is pretty solid!!!
dea27ecf1b1347f0fc4fc7807b9d3fb6.jpg

Had this great Pinot Noir the other day. It was really, really good. Give it a try if you find it.
c5103d666f25cb467cf80fa462e1f4e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is pretty solid!!!
dea27ecf1b1347f0fc4fc7807b9d3fb6.jpg

I bought my wife a bottle of Josh Red Blend wine because they don't offer a Malbec. I will let you know what she thinks about it!

Blew the rules of my own thread for this bad boy on Christmas Day. 2009 vintage
4fd7975020aba1fb4472ec809eae313a.jpg

I bought my wife a bottle of Josh Red Blend wine because they don't offer a Malbec. I will let you know what she thinks about it!

I’ve had it since then and it’s darn good

Blew the rules of my own thread for this bad boy on Christmas Day. 2009 vintage
4fd7975020aba1fb4472ec809eae313a.jpg

yes!!!! how was it? i love that wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back