The Relocation Thread

I'm relocating to Beaufort, SC. Will be there March 26th at the latest. If anyone is from the area, contact me. Going to need some new golfing buddies.

My wife went down to NC this weekend to meet with her new employer. She also rented us an apartment in Concord. I rented the Uhaul. May 1st can't come soon enough. I can't wait to get down there.

My wife went down to NC this weekend to meet with her new employer. She also rented us an apartment in Concord. I rented the Uhaul. May 1st can't come soon enough. I can't wait to get down there.
awesome! Welcome party is needed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well since I got the official offer, I figured it was time to mention on here. My company will be moving me to our Pottsville, PA plant starting in August of this year. It comes with a modest pay bump, but with the cost of living being significantly lower there vs Western Washington, it actually equates to a pretty respectable raise. The important things are, I'll be much closer to mine and my fiance's family, and per my boss, there is more headroom for advancement in this position (even though it essentially equates to a lateral move).

I'll dearly miss the friends I've made here (both THP and otherwise), and I'll miss the gloriously mild climate and gorgeous scenery of WA, but central PA certainly has its fair share of natural beauty and I look forward to new opportunities and making some new golf buddies out that way! Mid-Atlantic THP'ers, SkiBumGolfer comin' in hot!

Well since I got the official offer, I figured it was time to mention on here. My company will be moving me to our Pottsville, PA plant starting in August of this year. It comes with a modest pay bump, but with the cost of living being significantly lower there vs Western Washington, it actually equates to a pretty respectable raise. The important things are, I'll be much closer to mine and my fiance's family, and per my boss, there is more headroom for advancement in this position (even though it essentially equates to a lateral move).

I'll dearly miss the friends I've made here (both THP and otherwise), and I'll miss the gloriously mild climate and gorgeous scenery of WA, but central PA certainly has its fair share of natural beauty and I look forward to new opportunities and making some new golf buddies out that way! Mid-Atlantic THP'ers, SkiBumGolfer comin' in hot!

Damn, they are wasting no time there. Best of luck to you brother. We gotta tee it up a few times before you leave.

Come on in brother! Where in central Pa?

best of luck sbg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, they are wasting no time there. Best of luck to you brother. We gotta tee it up a few times before you leave.

No doubt my man, we definitely do! We have a solid 2.5 months or so. And as I said on Wednesday, you (and all my PNW buds for that matter) are more than welcome to crash at my PA place if you ever find yourself in the area.

Come on in brother! Where in central Pa?

Pottsville, which is about an hour directly west of Allentown and around 45 minutes northwest of Reading. Pretty area, firmly in coal mining country (or what used to be, anyway). I guess it's more eastern than central PA when you look at a map, but it doesn't feel at all like the urban areas so for whatever reason it feels more central.

Congrats, you will be in the cradle of D.G. Yuengling Brewing Co.

congrats. Not that far of a drive to DMV

You'll be missed up here bud, but it sounds like this move will be great for you both personally and professionally.

You'll be missed up here bud, but it sounds like this move will be great for you both personally and professionally.
Believe me, not seeing you and my other friends up this way (THP and otherwise) is gonna be a huge bummer. But you hit the nail on the head, it's really a positive thing going forward.

We need to play together a bunch more times before I leave for sure, bud!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Congrats buddy! Are you sure you're not going to work for Yuengling?

Congrats buddy! Are you sure you're not going to work for Yuengling?
Haha nah. Their main brewery (the new one, not the historical one) is right there in the same business park though!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back