The Shandy Thread

I had one of these today, and it was glorious. Grapefruit shandy.

http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/beer/345830/ufo-big-squeeze-shandy

UFO-Big-Squeeze-Modal.jpg

Huge fan of shandy beers of all kinds, really been into Coors Light Summer brew lately. A third of the cals and carbs of a normal Shandy. Highly rec'd

http://leitesculinaria.com/96185/recipes-shandy.html
The name “Mean Shandy” is a nod not only to the Meantime Brewery, which produced the draft beer that this cocktail was first made with, but also to the fact that, with the addition of bourbon, this shandy is far stronger and tougher than the average lager shandy the British are familiar with.–Pitt Cue Co.
[h=6]LC Shake With Caution Note[/h]Although it sounds like a a dance warning, please do shake your Mean Shandy with caution. That’s the essence of the warning conveyed by the authors to you, dear reader. The caveat goes something—actually, it goes exactly—like this: “Shaking carbonated liquids in any quantity presents possible hazards, so make sure the shaker is tightly sealed. Open carefully once shaken.”

GC knows how to make a great shandy!

a little early isn't it, Icey?:drinks:

a little early isn't it, Icey?:drinks:
It's an old photo I forgot to post until I was back at the office, poor timing!!! But still tasty!!!

Anyone try the leine pumpkin Shandy yet? My local store is supposed to get some in this week.

DOJ needs to investigate these creeps. Pumpkin and Shandy is bordering on criminal behavior. Leinie's has sold out.

DOJ needs to investigate these creeps. Pumpkin and Shandy is bordering on criminal behavior. Leinie's has sold out.
Well that escalated quickly... lol

Hmm could be good! I'll have to finish the large stock of summer shandy in my fridge first.

Uh oh, there's three more coming too.

Harvest Patch Shandy, Old Fashioned Shandy and Cranberry Ginger Shandy

I saw that. A few others I heard were in the works too.

Shandy and James
Zimshandy
Mikes Hard Shandy
Redds Apple Shandy
Shandyweiser Lime

And Shandyrita.

Ok I'm done. You guys are still alright by me!

Haha that's good stuff

Smirnoff Shandy Ice would be delicious

I'm sure it would be fabulous lol.

I saw that. A few others I heard were in the works too.

Shandy and James
Zimshandy
Mikes Hard Shandy
Redds Apple Shandy
Shandyweiser Lime

This made me laugh out loud. Does ATLGolfer know of this amazing beverage?

This made me laugh out loud. Does ATLGolfer know of this amazing beverage?

LOL he's financially backing them on Kickstarter. I'm waiting for him to burst in here with his trophy pictures. I know it's coming.

I have read this post with intrigue - firstly because a shandy as I know it is basically a good beer ruined with lemonade, but in reading this I feel I am missing out on something ..... dam New Zealand being behind the times so to speak

Down here we have seeing a big increase in popularity of flavored ciders and "for purpose" beers

I was recently involved in a tasting panel for one of the breweries who were preparing to release their 2nd version of a "summer Ale" - basically your normal beer with a few additional goodies in there designed to appeal to the sunny summer afternoon drinker (we are just heading into our spring/summer) and after the sickly sweetness of the last years efforts that meant after 2 or 3 you couldn't handle the flavor any longer I was pleasantly surprised to see these now were really nice and something I was looking forward to trying more of, well now after reading this thread I again feel like there is something missing in my beer fridge ...... I will have to investigate this shandy culture a little more and see what one can find

LOL he's financially backing them on Kickstarter. I'm waiting for him to burst in here with his trophy pictures. I know it's coming.

I believe its tarnished now anyway with shandy poured in it.

I have read this post with intrigue - firstly because a shandy as I know it is basically a good beer ruined with lemonade, but in reading this I feel I am missing out on something ..... dam New Zealand being behind the times so to speak

Down here we have seeing a big increase in popularity of flavored ciders and "for purpose" beers

I was recently involved in a tasting panel for one of the breweries who were preparing to release their 2nd version of a "summer Ale" - basically your normal beer with a few additional goodies in there designed to appeal to the sunny summer afternoon drinker (we are just heading into our spring/summer) and after the sickly sweetness of the last years efforts that meant after 2 or 3 you couldn't handle the flavor any longer I was pleasantly surprised to see these now were really nice and something I was looking forward to trying more of, well now after reading this thread I again feel like there is something missing in my beer fridge ...... I will have to investigate this shandy culture a little more and see what one can find

Dont do it...We beg. :D

Snickerdoodle stout.

/mic drop

Seriously, though. The new Leinny options look awful. Pumpkin shandy sounds disgusting. Cranberry shandy only seems appropriate if you have a UTI.

Oh snap.

Grapefruit & Ginger shandies

c3830066889b1d13852bc2351e15d34a.jpg

Back