The Side Hustle Thread

Anyone here on THP run a side hustle? Outside of golf, working on side businesses or hustles is one of my favorite things. There's something about having 10 bucks and turning it into 20 because of a a good idea that really gets me excited. Some things I've been really into have been flipping things on Craigslist/FB/eBay, selling on Etsy, and flipping sneakers/streetwear.

My most recent hustle has been creating a paid email newsletter about how to flip sneakers/streetwear, and it notifies people of what items are coming out, where to buy them, how much you can make, etc. Not gonna link here, as I'm not trying to self-promote, just to learn what other side hustles people might be into.

Anyone else enjoy or run a side hustle?
Woodworking. It started out as me enjoying making some stuff for myself in the garage and people ended up seeing my posts about it on FB and Instagram and next thing you know, I have people wanting me to make stuff for them and offering to pay me for it.

Oh and also,
20200601_131017.jpg
When the little pricks take off out of the pasture and thru the woods...yeah it's a hustle! ;)

Selling pottery I make and doing consulting/installs for dental practices.

In 2020 I tried to start a business. The idea is sound but it turned into way too much work for very thin margins so I decided it was not worth it..

websites and videos....mainly wordpress and other CMS and for videos mainly AE

Anyone have anything new they've started recently? Wfh side hustles?

I've been thinking about Uber or DoorDash. Something I can do when I want

I work 4 nights a week at a local pizza place. I looked at DD but having a leased car makes it not ideal, then looking at the pay, unless you're doing a lot of deliveries, it's really not worth it.

I'm actually waiting to hear back from a local FedEx depot. Driving a forklift, loading trucks M-F,5pm to 9pm for starting at nearly $19 ph.

I was in talks with the local golf shop but we couldn't get hours to align. Hard with a standard 8-5 and a family.

I guess you could say my soccer ref gig and zoning commission gig are side hustles. I get paid for my time but don't do it for the money, although my golf bag appreciates the walk around money. Just got my zoning Q2 check that may very well become a 5 hybrid.

If you can handle it - get into babysitting. That's a racket.

I've paid hundreds of dollars in babysitting and it's almost exclusively for 2-3 hours after work so I can go to league. 20 bucks an hour to a 16 year old who in our instructions to her is to put the baby to bed after a bottle and then go sleep with the 3 year old. Easy money, however your mileage may vary.

A fellow THPer got me hooked up with the NFL a few years ago running instant replay from the sidelines. I started out as an alternate, and did the preseason and 1 regular season game, unless I was needed to fill in. Covid year, I worked one or two regular season games, and last season, I got elevated to a regular position, and worked most of the season. Doing the same this season. You don't appreciate how big and fast the players are until you are 10 feet off the sideline and they come barreling towards you. Even the kickers are big dudes.

Anyone who thinks Alabama/Georgia/Clemson/tOSU could beat the worst NFL team is full of it.

A fellow THPer got me hooked up with the NFL a few years ago running instant replay from the sidelines. I started out as an alternate, and did the preseason and 1 regular season game, unless I was needed to fill in. Covid year, I worked one or two regular season games, and last season, I got elevated to a regular position, and worked most of the season. Doing the same this season. You don't appreciate how big and fast the players are until you are 10 feet off the sideline and they come barreling towards you. Even the kickers are big dudes.

Anyone who thinks Alabama/Georgia/Clemson/tOSU could beat the worst NFL team is full of it.
That sounds like an awesome sid gig. Do you travel for that? As in does the NFL choose where you will be on Sundays? Or just always at CLE?

That sounds like an awesome sid gig. Do you travel for that? As in does the NFL choose where you will be on Sundays? Or just always at CLE?
No travel. Just in Cleveland. Our role used to travel in the past for the international games, but not anymore. Only travel at this point would be for the Super Bowl.

Those arguments are always funny.

I am one of 2 assistant pastors at our church. I lead some classes and also preach about once a month. It's not financially motivated as I do it for free, but it is definitely rewarding in a lot of other ways. One of my favorite weeks is this week as we take the kids to camp tomorrow for 5 days.

If they need another guy...

If they need another guy...
When my old coworkers said that it was nice that I was volunteering for that, and I told them it ain't no volunteer gig. :oops:

I flipped watches for a little bit before the prices of everything on the preowned market exploded. Currently working on a side business of growing and selling coral

When my old coworkers said that it was nice that I was volunteering for that, and I told them it ain't no volunteer gig. :oops:
Yep. That sounds about perfect

I am one of 2 assistant pastors at our church. I lead some classes and also preach about once a month. It's not financially motivated as I do it for free, but it is definitely rewarding in a lot of other ways. One of my favorite weeks is this week as we take the kids to camp tomorrow for 5 days.
That’s awesome! I used to work part time (changed to volunteer a couple months ago) with a para-church ministry. I originally mentored college students, but now it’s with high schoolers which has been a tad different but still fun

I became an Optavia health coach. Not because of side hustle stuff but because I wanted to help friends and family. It organically grew to side hustle status, and frankly is a bit much at times.

I became an Optavia health coach. Not because of side hustle stuff but because I wanted to help friends and family. It organically grew to side hustle status, and frankly is a bit much at times.
My wife had great success with Optavia.

I was a semi-professional musician for about 35 years, in addition to having a full-time day job most of the time. Played mostly local clubs ("BarStar"), with some occasional regional or coastal travel. Money was sometimes OK, but mostly not great. Retired completely from that in 2014. I kind of miss it, but I kind of don't. Music is a tougher industry that most realize, full of idiots on all sides who really don't know what they're doing, but do it anyway. It's not the easiest way to make money, either. At one point, I was hauling around about $10k of equipment between bass rig, keyboards, lights, and small PA ... just to make $100 to $150 a night ... same money we were making back in the '80s.

No side hustle these days. Just the day job.

My side hustle is making TGC 2019 courses for sim play. I operate as an LLC registered in Michigan. I actually have a course in progress right now for @jmix18 from THP, Wild Marsh in Minnesota. I attached a couple of my links from the golf sim forum.

Jpotas67@gmail.com if interested!

Last edited:
Back