The Stand/Carry Bag Thread

jlukes

Reaction score
Thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread devoted to stand bags. I know a ton of THPers carry their bags so a good bag is vital.

What do you look for in a stand bag? I know there are a ton of great stand bags on the market with each having their own pluses and minuses.

I am in the market for a new stand bag come Christmas time so I have stared doing my research.

I know it might sound stupid, but I want my next bag to be "Equipment Company Neutral" as my OCD gets the best of me and I don't like having a bag of one club maker if all of my clubs aren't by them.

I absolutely LOVE the Woode divider from OGIO but when it comes to stand and pockets (and general look of a bag) I prefer Sun Mountain.

can't go wron with SM, three5 is great, lightweight and the 4 way is nice and simple.

I am in the market for a new stand bag come Christmas time so I have stared doing my research.

I know it might sound stupid, but I want my next bag to be "Equipment Company Neutral" as my OCD gets the best of me and I don't like having a bag of one club maker if all of my clubs aren't by them.

I absolutely LOVE the Woode divider from OGIO but when it comes to stand and pockets (and general look of a bag) I prefer Sun Mountain.

woode is one of the best top, but Ogio has just not been up to where i would like the last few years in their offerings. I still have my Ogio Edge, and while little heavy for a stand bag it has served me well for almost 4 years.

Callaway Fusion 14 is one i like a lot, but for true light weight, true carry bag i think it's hard to beat Three 5 by sun mountain.

I had it all with my THP callaway stand bag. Light weight, lots of pockets cool looking and some awesome logos Im very proud of. Now im back to shopping around.

Curse you Southwest Airlines

109.00 delivered for some Three5 2013 on the Bay, i have 4 bags, but not a true lightweight option.

109.00 delivered for some Three5 2013 on the Bay, i have 4 bags, but not a true lightweight option.

yeah I was checking those out on ebay and on RBG's website

This is the bag I am leaning towards right now. The h2NO lite from Sun Mountain. 4.5 lbs.
Sun-Mountain-H2No-Lite-Stand-Bag.jpg

Only thing holding me back is the 4 way divider.

yeah I was checking those out on ebay and on RBG's website

global has the 109.00 free shipping, rock has the 99.00 + 15.00 shipping, both good options i know plenty of us here by from both of them.

This is the bag I am leaning towards right now. The h2NO lite from Sun Mountain. 4.5 lbs.

how much more does the four5 weigh, 2 lbs maybe, still pretty light.

global has the 109.00 free shipping, rock has the 99.00 + 15.00 shipping, both good options i know plenty of us here by from both of them.

yeah just wish it wasnt 4 way divider, I hate clusters

I wasnt sure about that 4 way at the start, but I ended up loving it, I cant go back to a 14 way top

I wasnt sure about that 4 way at the start, but I ended up loving it, I cant go back to a 14 way top

My Current bag is a 5-way (1/2/2) and the clubs just don't go in as easy as I'd like - but I think that it has more to do with the bottom of the bag and how it interferes with the grips.

I had it all with my THP callaway stand bag. Light weight, lots of pockets cool looking and some awesome logos Im very proud of. Now im back to shopping around.

Curse you Southwest Airlines

I have the Callaway XTT Xtreme in yellow and it's awesome, really great bag, Nice and lightweight and I can still carry a good amount of junk in there aside from my clubs and balls.

My Current bag is a 5-way (1/2/2) and the clubs just don't go in as easy as I'd like - but I think that it has more to do with the bottom of the bag and how it interferes with the grips.

so what we need is Ogio and sun Mountain to get it on, and produce a Three 5 with a woode top

I have the Callaway XTT Xtreme in yellow and it's awesome, really great bag, Nice and lightweight and I can still carry a good amount of junk in there aside from my clubs and balls.

yeah man, its pockets galore with that thing

I play with pretty big grips (midsize with 3 layers of tape) and I did not notice them getting stuck at all in the 4 way three5, I did notice it in my fusion 14 and in my mizuno aerolite

My callaway bag from the grandaddy has given me fits from day one. The stands keeps re-adjusting itself so sometimes the legs don't come out far enough, one of the mesh pockets inside the zippered pockets has torn off and there is already holes on the divider padding.

I will be paying a lot of interest to this thread as a carry bag will be my next big golf purchase. I absolutely love the SLDR staff stand bag, but don't want to drop $250 on a stand bag. Only thing I am particular about is my dividers (like 6 way or Woode).

I will be paying a lot of interest to this thread as a carry bag will be my next big golf purchase. I absolutely love the SLDR staff stand bag, but don't want to drop $250 on a stand bag. Only thing I am particular about is my dividers (like 6 way or Woode).

They have some really good deals on ebay for Ogio Vapor stand bags. Woode Divider and 4.5 lbs. Just hate all of their color schemes.

That would be the stand bag to end all stand bags.

YES! I would buy that, but please let SM chose the colors, Ogio are not good at it

Back