The THP Handicap Index

SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
I think the general consensus is that the USGA is a bunch of doddering old men who understand the game of golf about as well as your Nana understands that the nice man from the IRS is actually a scam artist. The R&A can’t see past their shiny buttons to see what’s going in the world of non-professional golf. Together they’ve come up with this theory that distance is a problem, and because some course designers are too lazy to design a course with a challenge other than distance, they’ve decided this is a “problem”

The thing about golf, is that we all bring our own balls, so we don’t need theirs to play.

Lets make our own governing body. What are our rules?

I’ve got a few to start with:

• Belly Putters are hideous, but if you want to use one...go for it.
  • If you’re gonna cheat alone, you’ll figure out how cheat in a group, so go ahead and post those solo round scores (We know you’ve been doing it anyway)
  • Ball landed in a divot some jackass didn’t bother to fill? Roll it out, no closer to the green. If they filled the divot, next time hit the ball farther or shorter, that’s the way the cookie crumbles.
  • If you didn’t fix your pitch mark on the green it’s a 3 stroke penalty.
  • You like the old grooves? We do to, spin that ball!!

What did I miss?

ball drop from a comfortable position so it doesnt look like im taking a poop when i drop the ball by squating

I am thinking:
  • Every cart bag needs a tap

ball drop from a comfortable position so it doesnt look like im taking a poop when i drop the ball by squating
I like "above the knee" rather than 'at the knee'

some idiot didn't rake his big ass footprint in the bunker?

No worries, chat with your group to confirm, then rake and drop from the knee.

I like that one.

Common sense rulings would be great

I like them! And Dan's fat footprint rule also!

Free drop for relief from a tree root.

How about this.

If the ball backs up on your drive into the fairway, automatic free lift-clean-place. Just as to be verified by someone else in your group.

Failure to play ready golf is a two stroke penalty, and an obligation to send the group behind you a round of drinks.

Shot clock for each shot and a one stroke penalty will be enforced after one warning.

No club limits. You want to carry 20 clubs, go for it. It’s your back and your score isn’t going to improve any.

No club limits. You want to carry 20 clubs, go for it. It’s your back and your score isn’t going to improve any.
I like that.

Carry as many clubs as you want, but you HAVE to carry your bag hahahahaha

Slow Play will be punished by removing 10 strokes from your handicap for any competitive event or setting.

Back