The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been struggling with my driver swing over the last month. So I took the Amp Cell to the rand and got 50 balls to sort it out..

Really worked on hinging the wrists as early as I could and Bingo! back to how I usually hit my driver. Lovely penetrating flight either straight or a 5 yard draw :banana:

Good morning at the range- repeat of yesterday except driver was even better today.

Also hit new AP2 with xp95 s300 shaft oh so good! Shaft launched a bit high for my liking

I went and played nine holes and shot a 55. Went to the range to try and fix my swing that was only producing fat short hooks. UGH!

Yes, I made a desperate call to my swing coach to get something set up to check things out.

Ok, I couldn't stand it so I went BACK to the range at the club after lunch (my home course, house, and office are all within 5 minutes of each other) to hit a few balls and see if I could get things back on track. I brought a 7 and 9 iron with me. Unfortunately my swing coach was giving a lesson, but the hooks were still there. FAT MEATY CRAPPY HOOKS that went WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off line and were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY short (as in I would hook a 7 iron only 110 yards or so). It is like I have never played before, WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SWING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

You'd think I kicked a puppy or something with the way my swing is going....

Going to the range today to work on swing path. I had a bad bout of the sha*** last time out on the range and I think I was sucking the club WAYYY to the inside on the backswing. Afterwards i think I will walk the par 3 course once or twice.

Split a large bucket of balls with my son tonight. I was hitting pretty bad, until I hit one in the sweet spot, with decent (for me) length and perfect flight. From there, I was able to hit a couple of other really nice shots. It just amazes me how good and soft-ish it feels when you hit a shot in the sweet spot.

The lesson / range session tonight was pretty unsatisfactory. I was just off. Then I got tired and couldn't get a swing grooved. There would have been a ton of mostly playable misses, just not much I would have been proud of.

Two crappy range sessions over the past two nights. Cant seem to keep anything longer than an 8 iron from going left...Planning on playing two rounds tomorrow so hopefully it'll just fix itself lol.

Finally got a chance to hit all my new clubs after work tonight. It was a crazy different feeling with my XHP's than my MP-33's, wow. First thing I noticed was trajectory with all my new irons are lower and have a very boring, rocket like path. I figure this is due to the difference in the PX Flighted 6.0 shafts, compared to the 8 year old S300's in the 33's. Second big notice is my divots. They were all even and square for almost ever shot. This was a great start witb the new set. My 33's, a lot of time, looked across the line to my left as well as a bit toe down. My misses where not as bad either, which I chalk up to a more forgiving iron.
The new three wood will take a little time to get use to. I was confident I would love it, but I was catching it higher on the face than I would like...off the deck.
Overall, I was pleased with my first session with the new clubs. Always room to improve, of course...but considering how long it's been since I played, it was a soild outing. Hopefully the weather holds out and I can sneak out some more before it gets way to cold.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Since practicing off mats for the last few weeks I have a major problem with chunking the ball once I move to grass. I am "bobbing" too low and laying the sod over the ball.
Bah!

Took a little video on Saturday for a check up. Way too much turn and leading a bit with my right shoulder into the downswing (aka dive and lunge), so worked on that. My swing thought yesterday was basically 3/4 swing and I'll be damned if it didn't work like a charm. Going to try to keep working on that. Very difficult for me to get that through my head.

I hit the range yesterday and it was NO BUENO. Not sure if it was the few week layoff or what. I'm going to chalk it up to colder weather, wearing a jacket and something else that I haven't been able to put my finger on yet. Really made me want to hang up the clubs for the winter. Brutal. Just brutal.

What's going on guys? Other than AJ there's been a little run of collective badness. My last session we turned on the video and it was U G L Y. I was straightening my right leg, taking the club away inside and making this hideous correction move with my hands about halfway to the top. We need to snap out of it!

Today i hit the nicer of the two range's near me. This one has USGA spec greens to aim at placed at approx 100 / 120 / 150 yards out and much better mats (UK...) than the other. Really, really happy with how things are going right now, I was consistent in hitting all 3 greens in and holding them in some pretty heavy winds. Also made some great progress hitting the Amp Cell off the deck and nailing it dead straight.

Didn't take the driver out of the bag today, I'll save that for Wednesday and then I have another lesson on Thursday. So happy with how my game is improving since I began having lessons, the difference is night and day in how i'm striking the ball. Stoked.

I set out for a range session yesterday with high anticipation. I got there and there was a 20-25 mph wind straight in the face, add some fog and it was not a warm experience. My goal was to continue my solid iron progress and get back my driver mojo. I would say it was a great success. My driver had been getting over cooked both directions and all I had to do was simplify what I was doing and it started flying long and straight. Once I carefully worked through my medium bucket, I fled, too cold for this sissy.

Hitting the range tomorrow if the weather holds up. Not really going to work on anything. Just want to hit balls and keep things on the up and up with the swing.

God, What I wouldn't give to have a range to go hit balls at right now! Every week I'm here this place sucks more and more!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

@colt - thanks for your service.

One of my new wedges came today. The others are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I expect to get some practice time in Wednesday while the kids are at golf clinic, and that session will almost certainly be dedicated to Pelz swings.

Solid practice/testing session tonight. Warmed up with a bunch of impact bag drills and then really got in a groove. I swear I'm going to start taking that thing to the course with me.

Solid practice/testing session tonight. Warmed up with a bunch of impact bag drills and then really got in a groove. I swear I'm going to start taking that thing to the course with me.

heck, take it to Cally! Harry will run for the hills.

LOL. Maybe I will. Weighs 8 lbs though!

Missed the range all last week and it showed big with my irons yesterday. I made significant improvement in my short game, but scored over 100 as normal due to my iron shots. The weather is horrible here, my wife is sick, and I'm going hunting for week this weekend. So my game will have to suffer progress for another week as well...

Did some chipping work in thr backyard under the porch this afternoon while it rained

Anybody here went to one of those Optishot simulators for some range time? There's one down in Syracuse, but I've never tried it. Is it "better than nothing" if you've been?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Started of having a horrible range session this evening. Last 20 or so balls I went to the driver after not being able to hit anything. Once I really paid attention to squaring my shoulders and slowing my takeaway, it worked. I can't remember the last time I hit the ball what seemed that far for as many times as I did in a row with so little side movement. It felt so uncomfortable, so it was clearly what I was supposed to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back