The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my last few rounds have shown me that I need to improve my approach shots, I will be hitting the range on Saturday, rather than playing, so I can get my GIR up - today was a perfect example. 11/14 FIR, 9/18 GIR. Pi$$es me off that I am 165 yds out after a solid tee shot and am hitting out of the front right bunker (four times today).
And then, I will be working on my putting, which has been less than stellar over the last week or two.
Heck, I have #TheGauntlet prep to put in!!

First range session in some time. Man do I miss practicing. Enjoyed the time and what I was seeing.

I had a very good practice session this afternoon. Worked through the entire bag then did a little short game work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to get to the range this weekend to work on some drills and swing thoughts from today's lesson.

More indoor putting on the birdieball for me tonight. Working on form and a consistent swing.

More indoor putting on the birdieball for me tonight. Working on form and a consistent swing.
I tried one of those mats out last week and was fairly impressed, but how is yours holding up. Seemed a little flimsy to me.

Walked three holes after golf practice today. I freaking love my golf swing right now. Striking the ball better than I have in a long time. Swinging smooth and staying balanced through my finish. Excited for my round tomorrow and topgolf on Sunday. I'm expecting a good score tomorrow.

Walked three holes after golf practice today. I freaking love my golf swing right now. Striking the ball better than I have in a long time. Swinging smooth and staying balanced through my finish. Excited for my round tomorrow and topgolf on Sunday. I'm expecting a good score tomorrow.

sounds like you're in a great spot right now! keep it up!

Second day in a row I've been able to hit the range. It may be only from the mats, but I'm very pleased with what I've seen both days.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Perfect weather to play but I opted to work on my drills from my first lesson I took this past Sunday. Two hours went by pretty quick and I can see the results right in front of me. First time I have ever took lessons to try to improve my game. Looking forward to the ride....

i am pretty excited to get to the range tomorrow for some practice. it will be a little to sloppy for the course tho.

Practice today - three hours.
First 1.5 hrs was bunkers, green side pitch shots, chipping from around the green, the back to the bunker.
Next hour was on the range - 60* wedge full shots, Gap wedge, 9i, 8i, Driver, 3h, 60* wedge, Driver, 60* wedge.
Last 30 min or so was putting - set up a gate, worked on my stroke. Hit 6 ft putts from around the hole, then uphill and downhill putts from 15-60 ft, around the putting green.
Perfect day, conditions were fantastic, good time had by me!!

My 4 yr old daughter and I hit a bucket today. She loves to go... I hope that it lasts for years!!!

Shared a bucket with my wife at the range today. I just worked on my iron play (which sucks) and encouraged her. It was a ton of fun.

I discovered what is causing the shanks. I start out everything fine. Then I hit my driver for about 40 shots. Then I go to an iron and shank shot after shot. Why? I noticed my core muscles are tired and my butt is coming off the wall. So today instead of fighting it, I quit with a half jumbo bucket left, and went to the putting green. Learned to quit when my back got tired. I'd rather do that than groove something that I need to clean up later. Bottom line: I need to up my training regimen and strengthen my core muscles and overall endurance.

I got out to the range today and was happy for the most part. I caught myself whipping the club inside too quick and after that it was much more enjoyable. The 20mph steady wind in my face was not so great though...everyone's shots were ballooning up and dropping like a dead bird. Frustrating on an otherwise great day for late Feb

Hit the sim yesterday. I saw some good and bad. At the end of last season I was coming way over the top with a club path of 8-12 degrees outside in. This winter its been consistently 1 degree outside in to 4 degrees inside out. I feel like I've got a handle on that issue. Now my biggest problem is the club face is always closed at impact 5-6 degrees. The few times I don't have it closed, the results were more than I expected. I feel that this season could be an especially fun one if I can stop slamming the face closed.

My next range session I will be really working on keeping my arms and body connected while slowing the tempo a little bit. Adding a little Spieth-ian pause at the top did wonders for me yesterday after struggling with iron contact for a little while.

Spent a good 90 mins on the range today. Working on swing thoughts from my previous lesson and it was a up and down session. At times I was so focused on on of the swing thoughts that I didn't do anything right.

Got in half an hour of chipping in the backyard today. Ground conditions are meh so I took that into consideration. Not a bad day, until my son decided to take a full swing and sent a brand new Duo Spin into the next neighborhood.

Ha! My range session was interesting. In the matter of 2 hours I went from swing feeling good to looking like I'd never swung a club in my life.

Ha! My range session was interesting. In the matter of 2 hours I went from swing feeling good to looking like I'd never swung a club in my life.

Definitely a couple places on the range people shouldn't have looked for good swings.

i took last year's chrome soft, this year's chrome soft, and this year's b330-rxs to the range for some chipping/pitching. i couldn't tell a difference among the balls because my technique is so inconsistent.

i hit some nice shots, just not comfortable enough. i want to be more automatic and consistent.

Got out on the range yesterday, but had my two daughters with me, too. That was a first for me. They both seemed to have fun, I bet they hit about 30 or so balls each.

My session was good, considering it was the second one for me for the year. Things are starting to come around. Felt good, it will only get better and I know it. Still a little rusty, but again, only the second time for the year.

Excited to be named to team Michigan, going to hit a few balls, and Demo some clubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back