The Wheel of Time

Been audiobooking the first book. It is pretty good so far.
1 is great, 2 is....tougher to get through, 3 picks back up, I'm digging 4 now.

Been audiobooking the first book. It is pretty good so far.

1 is great, 2 is....tougher to get through, 3 picks back up, I'm digging 4 now.
7-10 can be a bit tough to get through, especially the one that focuses on Perin and barely even mentions Matt and Rand. They REALLY ramp up when Brandon Sanderson takes over the writing.

7-10 can be a bit tough to get through, especially the one that focuses on Perin and barely even mentions Matt and Rand. They REALLY ramp up when Brandon Sanderson takes over the writing.
So I guess all of them are still alive by then...

I’ve read all the books, most of them I think I’ve went back and reread bc I started the series when he was still writing it, and had to catch back up each time. I finally found a cliff notes version of each book that summarized each chapter in a paragraph or two, which was awesome to help me re remember.

I’ll agree with others. The books in the end when Sanderson took over are amazing. So if you’re slogging theory 9 and 10, it’s worth the wait.

That turned me on to his Stormlight series, which I like even more than Wheel of Time.

I watched what's out there for the series and have really enjoyed it. Also read the books. I just treated them as different things with the same characters and I've been really happy with both. Think of it like an alternate reality and it will make you feel better.

This is good to know!!

Book One done. Now I have to wait for my credit to go to Book Two. Interesting so far!

Book One done. Now I have to wait for my credit to go to Book Two. Interesting so far!
Two will slog a little, but stick it through, the back half is pretty killer imo.

Two will slog a little, but stick it through, the back half is pretty killer imo.
Have been looking for a new book to start since finishing an Andy Weir book last week. I'll give this series a shot.

Have been looking for a new book to start since finishing an Andy Weir book last week. I'll give this series a shot.
It’s deep, it’s at times a heavy read, but I dig it.

It's such a good series and worth the time. I may start a reread soon as I was reading them as they were being published and I haven't read them again since the final book came out.

I watched what's out there for the series and have really enjoyed it. Also read the books. I just treated them as different things with the same characters and I've been really happy with both. Think of it like an alternate reality and it will make you feel better.
I introduced them to my wife and she's restarted at the beginning every time a new book came out since the 7th of 8th one. She refers to the show as Wheel of Time X since the story is so different and has come to terms with it.

Back