The Wilson Golf Fat Shaft

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
These my not be the worst looking clubs ever, but they certainly fall into the weird cats gory.

back in 1997/1996ish Wilson Golf came out with the : Wilson Staff "FS" (short for Fat Shaft) I have no idea if there's a tech story to talk about. I would hope there is. 🀣🀣🀣

I do remember walking in the store and seeing these in person and thinking....."wow, those are some Faaaaaat Shafffffts." I picked one up and said -"nope" 🀣🀣.hilariously, I think they did a couple different iterations of it. So, it must have sold at least a little....?

anyone else remember these??

075C023C-4F77-402C-8A6E-5964E441E0BD.jpeg7CB6A840-A2E4-4F2C-9A6B-EC6F443D20A2.jpeg8056C178-AA95-44FA-85F2-B73F183507AB.jpegD9F0D659-F1C6-4B5E-8535-9481778E79DF.jpeg

I played Fat Shafts

Yep I remember these (y)

These irons staying in my bag longer than anything I in my life.

I remember some silly fliers with them.

I had one of those Deep Red fat shaft drivers. Hit it about as well as my current driver.

I played Fat Shafts

really? The heads were decent looking for their time. But, I just couldn't wrap my head around the "Fat shaft" mentality at the time. (Teens)

really? The heads were decent looking for their time. But, I just couldn't wrap my head around the "Fat shaft" mentality at the time. (Teens)
I got sold on the idea of the stiffer tip section and lower torque meaning better. Education has paid dividends :)

My buddy had a set, and I was so jealous. Granted I was like 11 and gaming some Knight ladies set back then.

Some really like fat shafts

I got sold on the idea of the stiffer tip section and lower torque meaning better. Education has paid dividends :)

careful. Don't wanna invite the ferrule freaks in here. They'd be really sad about teeny tiny ferrules. Haha

These may have been weird. But they worked.. I remember the local store here selling the crap out of these..

The mandrella version was actually a pretty good looking iron. If you could get past the fat shafts..

These may have been weird. But they worked.. I remember the local store here selling the crap out of these..

I do remember them selling....like quite well. It was different for sure. At the time, I'm not sure that something would have derailed the TM Burner bubble anything's....but I'd be curious to know how these sold vs the competition.

The mandrella version was actually a pretty good looking iron. If you could get past the fat shafts..

🀣🀣🀣so it was good. Except for the concept lol

I do remember them selling....like quite well. It was different for sure. At the time, I'm not sure that something would have derailed the TM Burner bubble anything's....but I'd be curious to know how these sold vs the competition.

Overall probably not well. I had a buddy that played them for years. But I do know locally they did pretty good. People just hit them straight.

🀣🀣🀣so it was good. Except for the concept lol

I think the concept was decent for its time. Maybe one of the more innovative things Wilson has ever done. I think it was right after this Wilson started their downward trend.

What are these, ferrules for ants?

Played them

I think the concept was decent for its time. Maybe one of the more innovative things Wilson has ever done. I think it was right after this Wilson started their downward trend.
I actually think you're right. Don't remember much of anything from them 2000-2010ieh

Back