#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

So far it would just be Thursday night. Are all the Torrey Pines spots filled? Maybe I can haggle with the missus if there's an opening.

So far it would just be Thursday night. Are all the Torrey Pines spots filled? Maybe I can haggle with the missus if there's an opening.

We could definitely do the room (especially if you can do an air mattress). Right now we have 3 bed options per room and there would be 7 of us on Thursday night. Spivey also mentioned he might bring an air mattress. It'd be approximately $230 plus taxes/fees split 3 or 4 ways.

Right now, the mornings Torrey rounds are full but you might could call Torrey about booking a single right before/after our tee times. Check with Alez and Stan about the 2nd AM group. There are 2 THPers not part of the event that are in that group. I'm not sure if they've 100% committed or not.

We'd love for you to play with us at Torrey. The booking process is a true pain and has caused us tons of headaches. Hope you are able to find a way to make it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could definitely do the room (especially if you can do an air mattress). Right now we have 3 bed options per room and there would be 7 of us on Thursday night. Spivey also mentioned he might bring an air mattress. It'd be approximately $230 plus taxes/fees split 3 or 4 ways.

Right now, the mornings Torrey rounds are full but you might could call Torrey about booking a single right before/after our tee times. Check with Alez and Stan about the 2nd AM group. There are 2 THPers not part of the event that are in that group. I'm not sure if they've 100% committed or not.

We'd love for you to play with us at Torrey. The booking process is a true pain and has caused us tons of headaches. Hope you are able to find a way to make it in.

I booked for 3. Awkward Silence and Ken_H have paid me the booking fee. Alez mentioned something about someone possibly booking the 4th slot. I don't know if it's been booked or not yet but if not our tee time is at 7:37AM on the North Course on Saturday 8/22.

Is there any info about booking the Wed twilight round, or are we gonna wing it that week?

Thanks for the info guys. I fired off an e-mail to Alez inquiring about the final spot. It's been over a decade since I've golfed anywhere on par to Torrey Pines so fingers crossed.

Is there any info about booking the Wed twilight round, or are we gonna wing it that week?

I'll text Ale tomorrow and find out.

Thanks for the info guys. I fired off an e-mail to Alez inquiring about the final spot. It's been over a decade since I've golfed anywhere on par to Torrey Pines so fingers crossed.

Don't forget you can always try and book a single right before/after. Not ideal I know, but we will all be hanging out at the range/eating after I'm sure.

I'd be willing to let you have my spot at Torrey since you're part of the actual event. I'd need my $43 back though; )

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'd be willing to let you have my spot at Torrey since you're part of the actual event. I'd need my $43 back though; )

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's an awesome gesture ken. We can at least wait till we find out from Alex about the 4th.

If you and Galen go this route, you two could always book a twilight round to play the South course that afternoon with us (assuming you want to and if Galen wants to play two rounds that day). Barry might also be interested in that 2nd twilight round. He was planning to sit out that afternoon because we already had 4 players lined up. Whatever you all want to do.

The twilight round for Wednesday has not been booked but will do once I renew my resident card. Keep forgetting to go in person to renew it. As for Paul, I've responded to his PM and will let him book the fourth spot in the second AM group.

The twilight round for Wednesday has not been booked but will do once I renew my resident card. Keep forgetting to go in person to renew it. As for Paul, I've responded to his PM and will let him book the fourth spot in the second AM group.

You're the man Ale. This is getting close. I literally think about this event every day. Gonna be a blast!

Is Paul Galen Marek? If so, Galen just call Torrey Pines and tell them you want to be the last spot in the 7:37AM group at Torrey Pines North on 8/22.

If I am reading all of this correctly. Ken will still be playing with us and Paul (Galen Marek) will be our 4th instead of the THPer to be named at a later date.

If I am reading all of this correctly. Ken will still be playing with us and Paul (Galen Marek) will be our 4th instead of the THPer to be named at a later date.

Yep, appears to be that way.

As long as Paul books the fourth spot, yes that is correct.

Thanks to everyone's help I am now the fourth for 7:37AM on the North Course. Can't wait. I've had some pretty cool golf trips in my 20's but this is probably be a game changer and I don't doubt JB when he said this won't be the last event I attend.

I hope you guys like talking golf equipment, Star Wars, craft beer and Bigfoot.

Thanks to everyone's help I am now the fourth for 7:37AM on the North Course. Can't wait. I've had some pretty cool golf trips in my 20's but this is probably be a game changer and I don't doubt JB when he said this won't be the last event I attend.

I hope you guys like talking golf equipment, Star Wars, craft beer and Bigfoot.

Awesome news! It's going to be amazing teeing it up at Torrey Pines with our custom made Project X HandCrafted shafts!

That's an awesome gesture ken. We can at least wait till we find out from Alex about the 4th.

If you and Galen go this route, you two could always book a twilight round to play the South course that afternoon with us (assuming you want to and if Galen wants to play two rounds that day). Barry might also be interested in that 2nd twilight round. He was planning to sit out that afternoon because we already had 4 players lined up. Whatever you all want to do.

Did a spot open up for the Sat Twilight?

He's playing Sat AM in the 2nd group. There are still 4 playing during twilight, but Paul may be game for twilight too if you guys wanted to play as a twosome.

He's playing Sat AM in the 2nd group. There are still 4 playing during twilight, but Paul may be game for twilight too if you guys wanted to play as a twosome.

cpljohnst, I'd PM Galen or Ken_H to see if either is interested in playing the twilight round on Saturday at TP South. If either is interested then you guys can book for a time right around when we tee off at 2:30.

I'll probably still plan on sitting out since I'll be playing South Wednesday.

But if you put up a big number Wed you may want to redeem yourself sat :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OK guys so I edited first post to reflect all the stuff that happened here while I was indisposed without internet in nowheresville, coastal Cali lol. Please let me know if it looks correct. Paul, if I'm reading the chatter correctly, you need Thursday and Friday hotels correct?

Also, here are the tee times as they stand now (to my knowledge).

Tee Time Info
Torrey Pines South - Wed 8/19 PM
alez367
cpljohsnt
chumphries
Spivey

Torrey Pines North #1 - 7:30AM, Sat 8/22
alez367
SkiBumGolfer
cpljohnst
chumphries

Torrey Pines North #2 - 7:37 AM, Sat 8/22
StanTheCaddy
Awkward silence
ken_h
Galen Marek

Torrey Pines South - 2:30 PM, Sat 8/22
sandiegonative
SkiBumGolfer
StanTheCaddy
chumphries

OK guys so I edited first post to reflect all the stuff that happened here while I was indisposed without internet in nowheresville, coastal Cali lol. Please let me know if it looks correct. Paul, if I'm reading the chatter correctly, you need Thursday and Friday hotels correct?

Also, here are the tee times as they stand now (to my knowledge).

Tee Time Info
Torrey Pines South - Wed 8/19 PM
alez367
cpljohsnt
chumphries
Spivey

Torrey Pines North #1 - 7:30AM, Sat 8/22
alez367
SkiBumGolfer
cpljohnst
chumphries

Torrey Pines North #2 - 7:37 AM, Sat 8/22
StanTheCaddy
Awkward silence
ken_h
Galen Marek

Torrey Pines South - 2:30 PM, Sat 8/22
sandiegonative
SkiBumGolfer
StanTheCaddy
chumphries
Looks good! Thanks for doing this!!

That is correct, thank you.

So the one topic we haven't really broached as of late (and the only thing remaining that I can remember) is the rental cars. I know Barry is getting a rental, and we will have 3 guys with their own cars (Dave, Paul, and Mike). Will we need another rental car, or will that be enough? I know Tim and I will need to get from the airport to the Embassy Suites, but we can always just get a cab for that one trip (and return to airport).

Back