#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

Strong words are usually associated with controversial statements. Asserting that Habit isn't that good is like saying that I'm bald.

Well some things are more obvious than others. But being local I will definitely try out Rockys soon to put your statement to the test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't understand the disllike of In-N-Out. I agree it's not the best burger, but for the price it's pretty damn good. That moves me to my next point. How come price isn't taken into consideration.

In San Diego, a Habit Burger charburger is $2.95 and an In-N-Out Hamburger is $2.15. Granted they are close in price, but that $0.80 is is a 37% increase in price. I've never been to Rocky's, but their 1/3 lb burger is $5.75. That's pretty significant price difference in my book.

Anyhow, I need to get back to my Double Double Animal Style, Extra Onions, Extra Spread, and no Pickles or Tomatoes 

Because those in California talk about it like it was Jeebus's cow, Jeebus formed the patty and Jeebus cooked it. Then you try it and your like, what the blue hill is going on here, it taste closer to Mcdonalds than it does a good burger. And the McDouble is 99 cents.

I eat it when I am out there, becuase it is next to my hotel, but I dont get the fascination personally. Reminds me of others based on geography, but Ill be honest, Outback and Hooters are both from here...You wont hear most around here swearing by them based on geography and history...The same cannot be said for many other states.

Because those in California talk about it like it was Jeebus's cow, Jeebus formed the patty and Jeebus cooked it. Then you try it and your like, what the blue hill is going on here, it taste closer to Mcdonalds than it does a good burger. And the McDouble is 99 cents.

I eat it when I am out there, becuase it is next to my hotel, but I dont get the fascination personally. Reminds me of others based on geography, but Ill be honest, Outback and Hooters are both from here...You wont hear most around here swearing by them based on geography and history...The same cannot be said for many other states.

I just spit out my redbull with that.

Should we have Chumphries try every burger in town and send you a PM review of each one? It can happen...

I can do this! I'd try to normalize the data to have some common metric like tastiness per dollar.

Example, is Taco Bell better than say Ruth's Chris, probably not. But the tastiness per dollar is way higher.

You need to talk to real San Deigans/Californians.

Please, don't guilt me by association and I done believe in Jeebus I have never and will never recommend In-N-Out to folks visiting San Diego, California.

No way. In-N-Out is a few notches better then McDonald's. BTW, that McDouble is now $1.59 (glad those folks working Fast Food need to make $15/hour).

I can do this! I'd try to normalize the data to have some common metric like tastiness per dollar.

Example, is Taco Bell better than say Ruth's Chris, probably not. But the tastiness per dollar is way higher.

Your last sentence in this post disqualifies you from ever doing food reviews on THP.

You need to talk to real San Deigans/Californians.

Please, don't guilt me by association and I done believe in Jeebus I have never and will never recommend In-N-Out to folks visiting San Diego, California.

No way. In-N-Out is a few notches better then McDonald's. BTW, that McDouble is now $1.59 (glad those folks working Fast Food need to make $15/hour).

All in love for you brother. You are family.

Your last sentence in this post disqualifies you from ever doing food reviews on THP.

The world needs good math JB. Gotta break down the numbers.

With In-N-Out it's all about the bun. They lightly toast it before they put the burger together so it has a slight crunch to it. McDonalds definitely doesn't even come close. And to Minh's point, for the price there's no better burger out there. Man, just talking about it makes me want to go get one.

It had nothing to do with numbers...It has to do with horrible taste. :alien:

JB is obviously far removed from his "poor college bachelor" days where Taco Bell, KFC, JiB, and McDs we're considered eating out vice the cup of Ramen noodles or hot pocket.

With In-N-Out it's all about the bun. They lightly toast it before they put the burger together so it has a slight crunch to it. McDonalds definitely doesn't even come close. And to Minh's point, for the price there's no better burger out there. Man, just talking about it makes me want to go get one.

See Minh...See what I am saying.
Obviously Taos...It is Jeebus' bun too. :D

To Taos you make it to a THP Event somewhere and I promise to make sure you get to eat a great burger, on me.

It had nothing to do with numbers...It has to do with horrible taste. :alien:

Hang on now, I didn't say I'm a big Taco Bell fan. You gotta do this scientifically :) Taste, cost, and quantity.

Places that meet the golden ratio of enough food and good taste for the money you're spending (chains only) include places like Carabbas, In N Out, Zaxbys, and Chipotle. Then you have the places that the tastiness per dollar just doesn't cut it: Back Yard Burger, Krystal's, and Olive Garden.

Now I'm afraid to ask about places to see/eat at in the GasLamp after seeing all this back and forth on burger places.

Now I'm afraid to ask about places to see/eat at in the GasLamp after seeing all this back and forth on burger places.

I'm all for some tasty Gas Lamp dining.

Hang on now, I didn't say I'm a big Taco Bell fan. You gotta do this scientifically :) Taste, cost, and quantity.

Places that meet the golden ratio of enough food and good taste for the money you're spending (chains only) include places like Carabbas, In N Out, Zaxbys, and Chipotle. Then you have the places that the tastiness per dollar just doesn't cut it: Back Yard Burger, Krystal's, and Olive Garden.

You need to get out more...

Don and I will give you some good Recs. Solid places in the area.

What kind of food are you looking for?

Wings, go to Hooters. Steaks, go to Outback. Burgers, go to In-N-Out. They are made with LOVE by Jeebus.

Real quick. It's Mid 80s in my house. I think THP brought that southern humidity and heat. Take it back and bring back the 70s.

You need to get out more...

Tell me about it...I've always wanted to go back in time to find my ancestors that looked at north Mississippi and said "Here!", punch them in the mouth, and tell them to keep going until they get to a mountain or a beach.

Real quick. It's Mid 80s in my house. I think THP brought that southern humidity and heat. Take it back and bring back the 70s.

I dont bring anything to California because I think I get taxed for it...:D

It's high 80s at my house. I hope you guys pack shorts cause pants is not an option.

It's high 80s at my house. I hope you guys pack shorts cause pants is not an option.

I'm a walker, but I suggest you ride Balboa and Torrey North.

I moved from Gainesville FL last Sept. It should be fine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Barry, try Whiskey Girl in downtown for wings. Very good the last time I was down there

Back