Therabody RecoveryAir JetBoots Review

I’m trying the 100 setting for the 1st time. This may not be my jam.

Morning after a 2 mile ruck. Did 20 minutes at 50 before, and 20 minutes at 75 after. My legs feel like they got a good workout without being really sore and achy. My calves, the usual problem area, have just a bit of soreness, but they are not tight like they would have been in the past.

Knowing tonight is budget night(assuming they get one done) I know I'm at the office for the long haul. I really thought about packing these and bringing them in with me. Now I wish I did.

Well for the first night after any activity since I've gotten these, I missed a night. Pretty hard night at soccer AND it's the second day after a hard lifting day (worst day ever) and my legs are feeling it. I'm frustrated because my legs are now very sore but also because I KNOW the second day after lifting is the worst and I didn't use these to see if they helped. Ugh. I have another night of soccer tonight and will be sure to use these after and see how I feel tomorrow

I used the boots immediately after my workout, and in the evening before bed. I still ended up with some delayed muscle soreness, particularly in my hamstrings, which is pretty normal after coming back from a layoff on heavy squats. It is impossible to say if it was worse or better than normal, but I can definitively say the massage effect feels fantastic. I used the 75 setting, and I think that is the sweet spot for me. Lying down on the couch, I more easily felt the higher pressure down around my lower leg before the build up to my thighs.

Did a full hour at 100 mmHg yesterday after a HIIT workout and my legs feel great. I really am hoping the app comes out soon to get some different programs. Was thinking I would like the bottom 2 chambers to inflate and stay 2x as long and no inflation to the top 2 chambers.

Did a full hour at 100 mmHg yesterday after a HIIT workout and my legs feel great. I really am hoping the app comes out soon to get some different programs. Was thinking I would like the bottom 2 chambers to inflate and stay 2x as long and no inflation to the top 2 chambers.

We are the opposite, I want the top chambers to stay inflated longer, but my problem areas are my quads and hamstrings.

We are the opposite, I want the top chambers to stay inflated longer, but my problem areas are my quads and hamstrings.

I am actively aware of my hamstrings today and that's not a super great feeling, even after using this last night on max for an hour. Stupid hamstrings, who even needs legs.

Round two of max pressure, this time for 45min as I got antsy being stuck in one spot for an hour. Legs were sore but not unbearable. After playing and practicing today for probably a bit longer than I should have, this is probably pretty needed.

But about that one for your torso and shoulders and anything else that might just hurt...

So I complained about my second day after a workout pain yesterday. Used the boots for about 80 minutes last night on 100 and my goodness, my legs feel close to brand new. Really wish I would have used them the night I was supposed to so I didn't have to go through a whole day of walking around like I have legos in my shoes :LOL:

I'm part of the group that for sure wishes the upper part stayed inflated longer. Right when it starts to feel good, the compression releases. I mean my legs feel better so it's doing it's job well but my hammys and quads sure could use a little bit more relief at times.

Also I noted every use (how much time and at what setting) from full charge to empty and this is what I got.

-20 minutes @ 50
-20 minutes @ 50
-20 minutes @ 50
-40 minutes @ 100
-40 minutes @ 100
-40 minutes @ 100
-40 minutes @ 100

So 220 minutes, almost four hours, of work from one charge. I'm assuming the pressure setting could lengthen or shorten the amount of use time though. The 20 @ 50 were my wife and the 40 @ 100 were me. I will keep track a couple more times to see if that 220 minute use time is constant

Last edited:
Did not use yesterday as i didn't do anything with legs. I miss them already. Workout later today and then the boots go back on.

So I complained about my second day after a workout pain yesterday. Used the boots for about 80 minutes last night on 100 and my goodness, my legs feel close to brand new. Really wish I would have used them the night I was supposed to so I didn't have to go through a whole day of walking around like I have legos in my shoes :LOL:

I'm part of the group that for sure wishes the upper part stayed inflated longer. Right when it starts to feel good, the compression releases. I mean my legs feel better so it's doing it's job well but my hammys and quads sure could use a little bit more relief at times.

Also I noted every use (how much time and at what setting) from full charge to empty and this is what I got.

-20 minutes @ 50
-20 minutes @ 50
-20 minutes @ 50
-40 minutes @ 100
-40 minutes @ 100
-40 minutes @ 100
-40 minutes @ 100

So 220 minutes, almost four hours, of work from one charge. I'm assuming the pressure setting could lengthen or shorten the amount of use time though. The 20 @ 50 were my wife and the 40 @ 100 were me. I will keep track a couple more times to see if that 220 minute use time is constant
I am not getting 4 hours out of the charge either. I didn't track it like you did but from memory something like
60m / 100
40m / 75
40m/50
60m/50
20m/75

Interestingly, even though I charge them simultaneously and use them in parallel (i.e., exactly the same) one of the boots ran out of juice on my son last night while the other was still going.

I am not getting 4 hours out of the charge either. I didn't track it like you did but from memory something like
60m / 100
40m / 75
40m/50
60m/50
20m/75

Interestingly, even though I charge them simultaneously and use them in parallel (i.e., exactly the same) one of the boots ran out of juice on my son last night while the other was still going.
Same but it's never a lot longer. One boot always has one or two more cycles in it before it dies. Maybe three but never more than that that I can remember the two times through charges I've used them

I don't even know why I put a TV show while I have these on anymore :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

I understand the pathophysiology related to the compression and recovery aspect. I guess the ER nurse in me is scared of these for rather inactive people looking for massage type device. I have seen a massive increase in blood clots over the last few years and a lot of times those start in the lower legs. I'm sure for really active people that chance goes way down, but its the first thing I see when I see sequential compression devices.

• WTF
Reactions: JB
I understand the pathophysiology related to the compression and recovery aspect. I guess the ER nurse in me is scared of these for rather inactive people looking for massage type device. I have seen a massive increase in blood clots over the last few years and a lot of times those start in the lower legs. I'm sure for really active people that chance goes way down, but its the first thing I see when I see sequential compression devices.
So are you saying that inactive people using these is a bad thing? Genuinely curious since I’d assume these would get blood moving, even in super sedentary individuals.

So are you saying that inactive people using these is a bad thing? Genuinely curious since I’d assume these would get blood moving, even in super sedentary individuals.
Those that are super sedintary and could have some clotting issues are my concern. I don't worry about people that are really active as much. It has its purposes and advantages. I'm sure they feel great. I can also see them dislodging clots. Thats my concern.

Those that are super sedintary and could have some clotting issues are my concern. I don't worry about people that are really active as much. It has its purposes and advantages. I'm sure they feel great. I can also see them dislodging clots. Thats my concern.
Ahhhhh that makes a ton of sense. Something I never thought of

Ahhhhh that makes a ton of sense. Something I never thought of
Its not one of those "Hey if you use these something bad is going to happen." I just see the worst in products like this based on experiences around work. I always question things because of it.

Isn't that at least the theory behind compression stockings in post-op situations? Try to prevent clots from forming in the legs?

A family from my team came over for dinner last night. I had their daughter try the boot. She wasn’t sure about the whole thing. About 5m in she turned to her parents and said “We need one of these.” (50mm/40 minutes)

Isn't that at least the theory behind compression stockings in post-op situations? Try to prevent clots from forming in the legs?
In theory yes but clinically studies have shown actual blood thinners are far more effective. I’m sure these work for their purpose, I just see side effects differently I guess.

it's why I've tried to work it into a nightly routine. Really can be nice and relaxing.
Have you found doing this promotes falling to sleep easier?

I've used my theragun before bed and it seems to help so wondering if this could even be better.

For those of you using these, obviously it helps with muscle issues, but have you noticed joint issues being relieved such as ankle stiffness?

For those of you using these, obviously it helps with muscle issues, but have you noticed joint issues being relieved such as ankle stiffness?
I don’t usually have regular joint stiffness so I won’t be able to answer :confused: Hope one of the other testers can though!

In theory yes but clinically studies have shown actual blood thinners are far more effective. I’m sure these work for their purpose, I just see side effects differently I guess.
I saw one of those clinical studies when I was looking up information on compression garments. You definitely see things differently when you deal with them for a living.

Back