This will be interesting

So this is just the pre qualifier to actually qualify for the Monday qualifier. Think of it like Local Qualifying for the US Open.

I don't know how low he's gonna have to go to have a chance, but if Monday qualifiers typically need 64 or better to get in, it's certainly... interesting. Given what his dad went through to get good, and knowing when it was appropriate to move up in quality of field, either he's a whole lot better than what is said about his junior ranks play.. Or he's made Tiger mad and popped off about something, and this is a very large serving of humble pie.

Either way, best of luck Charlie!

Meh Puppet GIF by Fluffy Friends

So this is just the pre qualifier to actually qualify for the Monday qualifier. Think of it like Local Qualifying for the US Open.

I don't know how low he's gonna have to go to have a chance, but if Monday qualifiers typically need 64 or better to get in, it's certainly... interesting. Given what his dad went through to get good, and knowing when it was appropriate to move up in quality of field, either he's a whole lot better than what is said about his junior ranks play.. Or he's made Tiger mad and popped off about something, and this is a very large serving of humble pie.

The bolded part made me laugh and I secretly hoping it is true.

Definitely interesting. Can't say I care a whole lot, but I do wish him luck.

I don’t think people realize how tough qualifying is. He realistically doesn’t have much of a chance.

Seems like a pretty big step, good luck to him.

I believe he's ranked 1300th for his age in the country, so I don't think he's got a snow balls.

Wouldn’t be the first 15 year old male with no sense of reality.

It’ll certainly be a test under pressure.

On the PGA Tour website, there’s a video of him walking across the parking lot with his clubs upon his arrival at the course. :eek: I know he’s Tiger’s son but this is a getting a little carried away with things.

Ooof. All this ever was is an opportunity for him to start sharpening his skills in these types of higher-pressure events. Still tough to put up a 12.

good for him for getting out in that type of environment and seeing where he is at on his golfing journey. I'm not going to crush him for that.

Ooof. All this ever was is an opportunity for him to start sharpening his skills in these types of higher-pressure events. Still tough to put up a 12.
Right on. This game kicks everyone's ass at some point in time. It'll make him a better player.

Back