Thoughts and fears from 1st THP experience

Still can’t believe I get the opportunity to go to an event, especially an event near the top of most peoples lists. Definitely would be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit nervous, but that is definitely outweighed by how excited I am. Can’t wait to experience golf and the golf industry in so many ways that I haven’t before, especially along side some fellow THPers

My first was a 2019 Titleist Experience in Savannah, Ga. with @Wildcat4life, @Carolina Dundee, @Putterbutter, @j_sizzle9 & Slimjim. I remember feeling like I was in a dream when I saw I was selected and the overwhelming excitement I had. All but of us but Sizzle where 1st timers and his previous experience helped lead the rest of us and provide expectations. We immediately set up a text thread with each of us and that helped tremendously because I felt like I knew all the guys before we even got there. 4 of us decided to stay in a house together and that was awesome to spend more time with those guys. Then the Experience itself was unlike anything I had experienced in my golf life. The course, the clubs, the balls, the dinners and late nights on the strip. Most importantly, it's the people & relationships. Meeting @JB, the OEM representatives and other THPer's is something I will never forget. I'm in contact with most of the guys from that trip on a regular basis and would do anything for them.

You definitely will have some nerves at the start, but that will fade and do your best not to worry to much about how you play. Just go to have the time of your Life and everything else will be perfect. Make friendships that will last a lifetime and soak in every single minute of it because it will be over before you know it. The Experience ultimately will be what you make it, and if you go all in, you will leave with memories you never thought you'd have from meeting a group of strangers on an internet golf forum. It can truly change your life.

Pro Tip: Sunscreen and Water will go a long way after a late night at the clubs as long as you "do" them. ;)

This brings back some amazing memories! Thanks for posting @KY Golfer. You are truly one of the good ones!

The Kingdom Experience at Taylormade I attended was back in 2011. It was not a competition so I didn't have to worry about that. But....I had never been to something like that before and with all the travel, gifts, resort and meeting P4B and Dr. Teeth along with the Taylormade folks I was nervous as hell. Jake (P4B) calmed me down completely with one little phrase. . . . Just have fun with it !

Bringing this one back up now that Shaft Up #1 is about 5 weeks away. Being selected for the event was a shock. When it comes to games of chance or RNGs I have horrible luck so that definitely factored into the shock value. In under an hour my thoughts moved from “OMG, I’m going to a THP Experience” to “OMG, I have to swing in front of Danny Le” to “OMG, my hands are shaking already”.

It’s a Shaft Up event so my fear is not bringing my swing with me. Losing what little golf talent exists a la Space Jam and making it a long and miserable day for everyone involved as we explore the course. That’s so far out of the realm of possibility but for some reason that’s a fear I have. Lastly, the first impression I give off is “intense”. It’s not my behavior or how I talk, it’s just my face. I have RBF. It’s a thing in guys too. I’ve also heard it firsthand from friends. One extra because it just came into mind. I try to talk like a “normal” person but every now and then I get excited and my pidgin slips out. Think North Shore or NCIS: Hawaii.

I don’t think I have anything to worry about but fears can be irrational. Overall I’m just really looking forward to the experience and hope that I represent the forum well.

Having just been selected for my first THP experience I can say it's a little surreal. I was on THP yesterday morning waiting for the "you're been selected" while my students were taking a test. Snuck away to get breakfast after class and came back to like 20 notifications on THP, saw the thread and honestly just started shaking with excitement. Took over and hour to stop shaking, then spent the rest of the day watching as many videos about Edel wedges and irons that I could find.

I don't think I have any fears, other than the typical playing horribly and embarrassing myself. The other thing I"m having problems doing is not starting a group chat of some kind with the other participants because I don't want to drive them nuts!

Having just been selected for my first THP experience I can say it's a little surreal. I was on THP yesterday morning waiting for the "you're been selected" while my students were taking a test. Snuck away to get breakfast after class and came back to like 20 notifications on THP, saw the thread and honestly just started shaking with excitement. Took over and hour to stop shaking, then spent the rest of the day watching as many videos about Edel wedges and irons that I could find.

I don't think I have any fears, other than the typical playing horribly and embarrassing myself. The other thing I"m having problems doing is not starting a group chat of some kind with the other participants because I don't want to drive them nuts!
Do it, man! I'm sure they are just as excited as you!
Congrats again!

Bringing this one back up now that Shaft Up #1 is about 5 weeks away. Being selected for the event was a shock. When it comes to games of chance or RNGs I have horrible luck so that definitely factored into the shock value. In under an hour my thoughts moved from “OMG, I’m going to a THP Experience” to “OMG, I have to swing in front of Danny Le” to “OMG, my hands are shaking already”.

It’s a Shaft Up event so my fear is not bringing my swing with me. Losing what little golf talent exists a la Space Jam and making it a long and miserable day for everyone involved as we explore the course. That’s so far out of the realm of possibility but for some reason that’s a fear I have. Lastly, the first impression I give off is “intense”. It’s not my behavior or how I talk, it’s just my face. I have RBF. It’s a thing in guys too. I’ve also heard it firsthand from friends. One extra because it just came into mind. I try to talk like a “normal” person but every now and then I get excited and my pidgin slips out. Think North Shore or NCIS: Hawaii.

I don’t think I have anything to worry about but fears can be irrational. Overall I’m just really looking forward to the experience and hope that I represent the forum well.

Whether the swing is with you or not, the general transition is there, as is the path. Fitting shouldn't be an issue.

Start one with your team.

These events sound like an all-around great time no matter the level of golfer. Great community here for sure!

My first experience was the PX Experience and for me I didnt really have any expectation as it was first time the event had happened. Luckily for me it was close to home so felt comfortable only 45 min from home. I really believe all the before banter on the forum with the attendees made the intros and chemistry of the group not a thing to even give much energy or stress to as they were basically friends by the time we all met. It is an interesting dynamic to meet strangers from the internet and then to what to call them ? Their names ? their THP handles ? the most certain nickname they will be given ? I was soooo fortunate to get invited back to another Callaway event in Arizona after that event and really felt like the only thing that stressed me out was the heat of losing my wallet like 4 times around the course.

Morgan Cup 2019. Haig Point #10. A beautiful but very challenging tee shot. 450 yard par 4 with about 200 yard forced carry over a pond. Didn't help to see @phoffer and @Master Yagley both hit in the water! Luckily I hit a great shot (for me) over the water. This was the last good shot I hit that weekend. however haha. Thankfully @BuckNasty was there to bail me out. This was the last day I considered myself a "good" golfer!!??

I cannot recall what my first experience was, maybe the Dallas Callaway event? or Branson?

Either way, I was definitely nervous.

Nervous about meeting strangers, nervous about playing in front of said stangers, nervous about fitting in.

However, as nervous as I was, it was all for naught. There will likely always be someone better than you and worse than you at every event. However, no one cares. Every THP event I have been a part of has been an absolute blast.

I think the main nerves I had were that either everyone else was going to be weird or they were all going to think I was weird. What I have found is that everyone is just ordinary good people. I have not played one round of golf with someone that I don't want to play another round with yet. The golf is the same as it is at home, there's just brand new equipment and much better courses than at home.

Usually playing golf with my family everytime gave me anxiety about playing with strangers. Add on rooms and setting up transportation. It was tough but once I got there it felt great. The other guys we very easy to get along with and @JB Makes you feel right at home.

I can't wait for my next experience.

Just finished up with my first THP Experience. I’ve already mentioned my fears. I knew they were silly, but they were still my fears. Once I got there I realized another fear. Staying engaged in the forum while everything felt like it was moving 1,000 mph. That was tough and I still don’t feel great about my forum performance. I would rate it as a C. I was barely able to keep up with posting scores. Even still, I had so much fun trying to keep up.

So, about the first tee. I tried to play it cool. Like “I got this, just another day.” My hands didn’t shake as the tee slid into the ground. I was like a duck on the pond. Calm and cool on the surface and kicking like hell beneath. I’m not sure I took a single breath as I pegged my tee and hit my drive. And that was only the practice round. It was definitely a pucker moment. Why? It’s not like it mattered. It wasn’t on video. It wasn’t a competition or tournament. So why the nerves? If you figure it out, let me know.

I’m always happy when others do well but I’m normally more of a me person when I look back at my memories. Seeing will get his first eagle was the highlight of my trip. A trip that included seeing JB and Danny shoot a 30 two ball score on the front 9, saw 2 tee balls (one was mine #humblebrag) drive the green in one on a par 4, and the incredible course and accommodations. But watching someone I hadn’t met previously get his first eagle was a highlight for me. Seeing his tee game change so much was another favorite moment. When I really think about it that’s kind of what I think this forum is about.

I took quite a few pictures. I wish I took more. Not only of the scenery but of the participants. I wish I would have taken pics with everyone individually and together as a group. My golf game wasn’t where it has been but I couldn’t tell you about most of my shots, good or bad. I could tell you about personalities, some conversations, and this weird pain in my cheeks from smiling and thinking it was ridiculous that I was actually living this moment.

Just finished up with my first THP Experience. I’ve already mentioned my fears. I knew they were silly, but they were still my fears. Once I got there I realized another fear. Staying engaged in the forum while everything felt like it was moving 1,000 mph. That was tough and I still don’t feel great about my forum performance. I would rate it as a C. I was barely able to keep up with posting scores. Even still, I had so much fun trying to keep up.

So, about the first tee. I tried to play it cool. Like “I got this, just another day.” My hands didn’t shake as the tee slid into the ground. I was like a duck on the pond. Calm and cool on the surface and kicking like hell beneath. I’m not sure I took a single breath as I pegged my tee and hit my drive. And that was only the practice round. It was definitely a pucker moment. Why? It’s not like it mattered. It wasn’t on video. It wasn’t a competition or tournament. So why the nerves? If you figure it out, let me know.

I’m always happy when others do well but I’m normally more of a me person when I look back at my memories. Seeing will get his first eagle was the highlight of my trip. A trip that included seeing JB and Danny shoot a 30 two ball score on the front 9, saw 2 tee balls (one was mine #humblebrag) drive the green in one on a par 4, and the incredible course and accommodations. But watching someone I hadn’t met previously get his first eagle was a highlight for me. Seeing his tee game change so much was another favorite moment. When I really think about it that’s kind of what I think this forum is about.

I took quite a few pictures. I wish I took more. Not only of the scenery but of the participants. I wish I would have taken pics with everyone individually and together as a group. My golf game wasn’t where it has been but I couldn’t tell you about most of my shots, good or bad. I could tell you about personalities, some conversations, and this weird pain in my cheeks from smiling and thinking it was ridiculous that I was actually living this moment.
Congrats...

I have a feeling this might be me if I'm selected for my first THP Experience! 💀

For those of you that have had the opportunity to attend an experience what were your thoughts and or fears going in. What were your 1st expectations? What was 1st tee like.

1st thought was Ohhh MY GOD I was selected!
My Fear was that I wouldn't play well and embarrass myself.
I really had no expectations other than I was in for an amazing time with some awesome people both from THP and CPG..

1st tee was nerve wracking but I had a great Partners @chefkritter & @Jimmy3864 who made it a blast to play golf with.

The whole weekend of the Morgan cup was amazing. Everyone was just sooooo nice and I learned so much.

I was lucky to meet Jake before his passing. I will always remember there was a time we were alone before everything and he said "We weren't sure about you But Your OK"
I don't know why but that was the moment I knew it was going to be a great time and I started to relax!!

I have a feeling this might be me if I'm selected for my first THP Experience! 💀

Watching this video for the first time as I am four days away from my first Experience, and scheduled to be in the lead-off group both days, all I can say is: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:

I love this thread; wish I stumbled on it earlier. These stories and Jamesons is blunting my anxiety.

Watching this video for the first time as I am four days away from my first Experience, and scheduled to be in the lead-off group both days, all I can say is: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:

You got this Tom!

In an odd way, seeing this video makes me feel better.
At the end of the day, you’re just there to have fun. So go out and have fun. The only person who cares where the ball goes is you, so treat it like you would any other round you play at home :)

The only difference is, you’ll have 3 other guys cheering you on when you hit your shots, and you’ll laugh/smile a lot

🤣🤣

Seeing that video, you know someone did worse than you will 👊🏻

Back