Thoughts on this sign

wubears71

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
Personally, if I saw the sign of the golf course, if I played and saw it, I would not be playing at the golf course. It is rather passive aggressive.
IMG_3125.jpeg

Our mowers are pretty good about getting out of our way and letting us through, but every so often we have to wait a minute or so. Mornings are the busiest time at our course this time of year, if they yielded to every golfer they'd never get done mowing.

I personally don't have much of an issue with the sign. I worked at a course from age 16-22, there were definitely times folks would hit into the guys mowing the fairways or just be impatient with them in the early group. While a lot of us have common sense not to, it does happen.

I personally don't have a problem with that sign. Must have had some issues come up that prompted its necessity...

Is your round more important then having the course ready? If you're first out you get the benefit of freshly mowed, first on no? Patience is a virtue

I get it. The course needs to get mowed. We usually have to wait a minute or two in the mornings, never anything more than maybe 5 mins.

At the same time though, it takes very little time to let someone play through and move on past the mowers.

No problem with it honestly

I'm sure the golfer's opinion changes based on a private vs public golf course and a sign like that. But the mower's have a job to do, as long as it doesn't slow down pace of play too much

As a person who is on one of those mowers 5 days a week, I have no issue with it. If a group has pulled up to a tee on a par 3, I will wait for them to play the hole before I start mowing the green. If I am already in the process of mowing a green when somebody pulls up to a tee box, they just have to be patient for a minute or two until I finish mowing it. I use common sense and courtesy and expect those playing to do the same.

I’ll clarify. I don’t have a problem with the mowers having the right away. But the sign just rubs me the wrong way.

Personally, if I saw the sign of the golf course, if I played and saw it, I would not be playing at the golf course. It is rather passive aggressive.
View attachment 9191808

Personally I would want to play the course more. IMO it shows they don't want their workers to get rung upside the head with a golf ball.

I always assumed that to be true in the first place. Seeing it codified with a sign doesn't surprise or offend me in any way.

It's a lot easier for me as a golfer to see a guy on a bloody huge mower than it is for him to see me. And he's on a schedule, I am not. I'm kind of surprised anyone would expect them to stop what they're doing every time a golfer wants to hit a shot. On some courses they would still out there mowing and waiting at 3pm.

I absolutely agree with the sentiment, but I think the sign could be better worded. Something like : "Attention early morning golfers: The mowers have the right of way. Please be patient and allow our hard-working staff to do their job in safety."

Apparently they’ve had to deal with the issue. Some just don’t get what it takes to maintain a golf course.

I made a deal with a couple of earlybird regulars. They could go off whenever they wanted, couldn’t interfere with set-up, and had to leave the pin out on all the greens for the mowers.

Win/win.

I absolutely agree with the sentiment, but I think the sign could be better worded. Something like : "Attention early morning golfers: The mowers have the right of way. Please be patient and allow our hard-working staff to do their job in safety."
That’s exactly why it bothered me. The idea is 100% correct. The wording however is rather jerky.

Agree with the sign 100%. It's their workplace and honestly I much rather play on fresh greens that has less morning dew on it. It is kinda annoying in the fairways to have all the grass clippings on a wet ball.

Could the sign be worded differently? Sure. But I'm not that sensitive to it.

No problem with that sign at all. They are letting you know who has the right of way.

@wubears71 it's just the last line of the sign "They Mow, You Wait" that rubs you the wrong way, correct?

While they were running out of room, they should have said "Please Wait While They Finish" or something similar.

They only made the sign because there was a least one 💩head that had to do something stupid.

No problem with it whatsoever.

They only made the sign because there was a least one 💩head that had to do something stupid.
And was probably a :poop:head about it repeatedly.

If this sign is going to trigger someone, the wind shifting would too 😂🤣

no problem with it.

some of the worker i see out on the course a fearless though. Should be wearing some sort of head protection. 😬

I personally don't have a problem with the sign but if you do, then you should voice your opinion to management.

Back