THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Yeah I would tend to agree with you. I think GHIN separates it to a 9 hole index and and a 18 hole index. but that's only a guess on my part. Not playing that second 9, does change things to a level. It's only hurting you, not the people you play against.
GHIN will combine 2 9s to get an 18. Doesn't need to be the same course, could even be the same 9 twice.

For the first time since i started an official handicap in May.....my index has lowered. It was just one update, but I'm stoked to see it go the correct direction.

Awesome. That’s how mine was. First 5 months was super high and then looped off 10 points after one round.

Dropping thanks to last few in the 80s 86-89 and capped off by 77 today

My index has been running pretty consistently in the 2.7 to 4.0 range for quite a while now, most recently 3.2 for the last week or so.

Lowered my index to 6.6 after shooting a PR 74 yesterday. Still need to load a 76 from earlier in the week.

Started the season at a 12.7. Currently at 6.4 because of a couple weeks string of sub 80 scores along with my PB of +1 73. Not the biggest fan of the combined nines since those don't seem like genuine scores but I have performed well on those nines consistently so I guess it matters. Hopefully my game doesn't come crashing down too hard here soon cause it's nice to see the improvement lol

That is a massive improvement. Congratulations! We should try to play again before winter pulls down the curtain. I could head up your way for a day trip. I love playing new courses.

After an outing yesterday where I played pretty well, down to a low for the year of 8.4. Not bad!

I shot 75 yesterday with an 8 on hole 18 so it entered as a 73. That dropped me from a 4.2 to a 3.7 and I still have to enter a 77 from Saturday as they didn't post that.

I moved from -9.1 to -8.9 after my last round. I have two that'll drop off before my next round that's being calculated. Hoping to break into the -7s.Screenshot_20200921-092707_TheGrint.jpg

I moved from -9.1 to -8.9 after my last round. I have two that'll drop off before my next round that's being calculated. Hoping to break into the -7s.View attachment 8964579
That trend line looks strong. Plateau, drop, plateau, drop, and getting tighter along the way. Good stuff, dude. (y)

i don't know that i've fully bought into where mine is...i feel like i play much worse. 16.9

i don't know that i've fully bought into where mine is...i feel like i play much worse. 16.9
What's your differential average?

14.9 (if i'm looking at the right page)
On the grint app, it's the middle one on the first stats page. Right below your index and between your lowest index and anti cap. Should be higher than your handicap.

edit: okay, so just scroll up. Which I should have done. jeez, moving too fast this morning. So OG's differential average is 13 on an 8.9 cap.

14.9 (if i'm looking at the right page)
Can't be. If your handicap is 16.9, then the differential average would have to be higher (unless your last 20 rounds had a 16.9 differential).

On the grint app, it's the middle one on the first stats page. Right below your index and between your lowest index and anti cap. Should be higher than your handicap.

edit: okay, so just scroll up. Which I should have done. jeez, moving too fast this morning. So OG's differential average is 13 on an 8.9 cap.
Can't be. If your handicap is 16.9, then the differential average would have to be higher (unless your last 20 rounds had a 16.9 differential).

24.8?

Screenshot (2).png

I got 21.8 on a super fast calc. ? Which seems about right for your handi, to me, and that you're - edit: NOT - as bad as you think you are. Which can be good. Sometimes shows that you're never satisfied, and sometimes shows you haven't yet realized the progress you've made.

Last edited:
I got 21.8 on a super fast calc. ? Which seems about right for your handi, to me, and that you're as bad as you think you are. Which can be good. Sometimes shows that you're never satisfied, and sometimes shows you haven't yet realized the progress you've made.
Thanks. I was gonna do it, but I was in a class.

I got 21.8 on a super fast calc. ? Which seems about right for your handi, to me, and that you're as bad as you think you are. Which can be good. Sometimes shows that you're never satisfied, and sometimes shows you haven't yet realized the progress you've made.
Okay :LOL::LOL::LOL: That was supposed to say NOT as bad as you think you are. Complete opposite there. I'm not actually a Richard.

At least in that way.. :LOL:

Started the year at a 19.7, and went the first couple months between there and a 17. Then started really making some improvements.
As of yesterday down to my lowest ever at 12.6.

Hopefully some lessons coming up, and just playing more in general, I can continue to push hard on my goal to be a single digit.

I am now trending to a 7.2 after today's 75. I am speechless really, but absolutely loving my game right now.

1600888160342.png

After 76 on Friday from the Blues at 6600 yards, GHIN dropped down to 6.5. Just keeps dropping it seems. Started the season at 9.8.

I'm at -8.8 now after my last round. Playing again today, but I'll have to go low because I'm playing an easier (rated) course and the rating/slope dictate that anything not in the 70's ain't gonna help my handicap. I need to get a low round in soon, too, since I lose my 79 (3.x differential) in two rounds and the 'cap is gonna go the wrong direction if I don't replace it.

Back