THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

90 Day HCP.JPG
This pretty much seems to be the norm for me. The handicap rises a couple of points during the early to mid portion of the season, followed by a decline to finish off the season. If only I could figure out a way to keep the feel through the winter months; too bad I don't care for simulator golf.

8.8 to 9.1 to 9.0.

Really kicking myself yesterday going 37-45. If I don't puke up such a bad 9 then I'm comfortably below 9. The chess match continues!

Mine has crept up from 15.8 to 16.5 - and if I don't get out of this slump and post some decent scores, the upward trend will continue.

Another revision down from the weekend. Down to a 14.6 down from 25.1 on January 1. Funny thing is I have been golfing 12 years and this is the best I have ever golfed.

Hovering at 13.2. Two scores factoring into my cap in the next five rounds including my best differential this year. I’m striking the ball well, just need to clean it up around the green and off the tee.
77D3FD60-339B-40C9-B5B1-CF7B2635C7DE.jpeg

Mine has crept up from 15.8 to 16.5 - and if I don't get out of this slump and post some decent scores, the upward trend will continue.
Happened to me earlier this year. Almost same numbers. 4 months later I'm at 13.2.

Grind through it, it will come down.

Mines been going the wrong direction the last month. Added almost a full point in last month. Just haven't played well. I feel like i'm fairly close to getting things to click again but its been a gut punch.

Gotta get it moving in the right direction soon if i'm going to reach my 2020 goal.

First time in my young 49 years I'm a plus player. Just sounds cool to say it.

Congrats! I'm not sure what's cooler, that you're a plus player or you're only 49? :sneaky:

I'm posting this to mainly give me a historical record that it actually happened! I'm now down to 7.9, my lowest ever in 22 years of playing golf. To say I'm stoked about my game right now is an understatement. I have confidence in my approach play and around the green. I have work to do with my driver game. But we always have something to work on in golf, don't we? :D

1600180610075.png

I am soo pumped right now. Just got latest revision (love the daily revisions).

Ended last year at a 15.3. Earlier this year, I was falling off my game and was up to a 16.9.

Latest revision has me at a 12.8. I can see the light of single digit. Probably won't get there this year, but next year, I know I can.

I guess this thread gets less traction now because handicap updates are daily.

Anyhoo, just dropped to 12.5. Looking at my card, my worst counting score is an 87. I do have a 100, 99 and 97 on there, but not sure who shot those rounds........

Best is a 78 which wasn't a 78. Two 9s of 39 each.

Anyhoo, just dropped to 12.5. Looking at my card, my worst counting score is an 87. I do have a 100, 99 and 97 on there, but not sure who shot those rounds........

You're killing it man. Keep posting the progress.

So you do piss excellence!? Well done.

For the first time since i started an official handicap in May.....my index has lowered. It was just one update, but I'm stoked to see it go the correct direction.

For the first time since i started an official handicap in May.....my index has lowered. It was just one update, but I'm stoked to see it go the correct direction.
That's how it starts man. Good on you.

Started the season at a 12.7. Currently at 6.4 because of a couple weeks string of sub 80 scores along with my PB of +1 73. Not the biggest fan of the combined nines since those don't seem like genuine scores but I have performed well on those nines consistently so I guess it matters. Hopefully my game doesn't come crashing down too hard here soon cause it's nice to see the improvement lol

Started the season at a 12.7. Currently at 6.4 because of a couple weeks string of sub 80 scores along with my PB of +1 73. Not the biggest fan of the combined nines since those don't seem like genuine scores but I have performed well on those nines consistently so I guess it matters. Hopefully my game doesn't come crashing down too hard here soon cause it's nice to see the improvement lol

I haven't submitted a 9 hole score. by combined 9...did GHIN do that on separate 9 hole scores or did you play the same 9 twice?

Yes sir! Any improvement is great improvement! Keep grinding man!

I haven't submitted a 9 hole score. by combined 9...did GHIN do that on separate 9 hole scores or did you play the same 9 twice?
So I have my handicap through MSGA (Montana State Golf Association) so I'm not sure if GHIN does it the same. But it just combines two different nines that I've input. So if I play the back one day and the front the next, the next day it will combine those and add it as a full 18 to count towards my cap. I'm thinking about stopping recording those since like I mentioned, it doesn't feel genuine to me and has absolutely been a reason my cap has trended down. I have two combined scores in my set of eight right now.

So I have my handicap through MSGA (Montana State Golf Association) so I'm not sure if GHIN does it the same. But it just combines two different nines that I've input. So if I play the back one day and the front the next, the next day it will combine those and add it as a full 18 to count towards my cap. I'm thinking about stopping recording those since like I mentioned, it doesn't feel genuine to me and has absolutely been a reason my cap has trended down. I have two combined scores in my set of eight right now.

Yeah I would tend to agree with you. I think GHIN separates it to a 9 hole index and and a 18 hole index. but that's only a guess on my part. Not playing that second 9, does change things to a level. It's only hurting you, not the people you play against.

Back