THP Live Round thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bogey and par finish for a new PB 38!! First time under 40!!! And a new PB with an 80 overall. Woo hoo!!

Nice shooting man!!! How you enjoying that new driver??
Bogey and par finish for a new PB 38!! First time under 40!!! And a new PB with an 80 overall. Woo hoo!!

Nice shooting man!!! How you enjoying that new driver??

It is working very well for me. If I don't short arm the swing I've been getting really good results. Short arming it sends it way right though.

I also solved pace of play. Just shoot better and find an empty course. Got this done in 2:45 including a rain delay. JB would be proud.

Nice man, I am trying to figure out my driver and 3 wood now. Was tearing it up with the 2H today but 180-190 drives can't cut it for 400 long par 4's. But I got fitted into a new Ping G30 SF Tec driver, so I am hoping I will be seeing some more straighter and longer shots. And ofcourse I'm taking lessons which really help.
It is working very well for me. If I don't short arm the swing I've been getting really good results. Short arming it sends it way right though.

I also solved pace of play. Just shoot better and find an empty course. Got this done in 2:45 including a rain delay. JB would be proud.

Nice man, I am trying to figure out my driver and 3 wood now. Was tearing it up with the 2H today but 180-190 drives can't cut it for 400 long par 4's. But I got fitted into a new Ping G30 SF Tec driver, so I am hoping I will be seeing some more straighter and longer shots. And ofcourse I'm taking lessons which really help.

I pulled driver 5 times today. Based on the scorecard distances three of them were over 265. That course is short so they usually keep the back tees all the way back on the par 4 and 5s so I'm guessing the actual distance was close to that. I got on a shorter par 5 (495) in two with one of those drives and had 85 yards to go for a second shot on a par 4 342 hole. It certainly made a difference. But my good scores came with the irons. I stuck it in close a few times from 150 and in. I'm going to keep working on 100 and in approaches mostly that's a distance I find myself a lot and I had 4 good shots from that range today that helped a ton.

I pulled driver 5 times today. Based on the scorecard distances three of them were over 265. That course is short so they usually keep the back tees all the way back on the par 4 and 5s so I'm guessing the actual distance was close to that. I got on a shorter par 5 (495) in two with one of those drives and had 85 yards to go for a second shot on a par 4 342 hole. It certainly made a difference. But my good scores came with the irons. I stuck it in close a few times from 150 and in. I'm going to keep working on 100 and in approaches mostly that's a distance I find myself a lot and I had 4 good shots from that range today that helped a ton.
Man you're just bombing them!! You do have a fast swing speed.

Man you're just bombing them!! You do have a fast swing speed.

You're no slouch either. I expect you nuking drives long and straight soon my friend!

You're no slouch either. I expect you nuking drives long and straight soon my friend!
Pssh with a 85-95 swing I can barely get it out there... Hopefully I'll see some great results.

I haven't done this in a while and need a little pressure I think.

10th hole: hit a drive than ran through the fairway into the rough on the left side; PW from 135 that landed and rolled right by the pin. Poor effort for birdie; but made the 4 footer for par.

11th hole: not the greatest of tee shots, but I had enough hook and top spin to roll out to the first cut. 9 iron from 143 to 12 feet. Birdie putt was center of the cup…a foot short. Yikes.

Even through 2.

Keep it up Pete! I'll keep you company

Hole #1 dog leg left
8851dae9ba8df39cf8c9bc58d9aa42d2.jpg

Hole 12 is my nemesis. 5 Deep pushed into the woods. Re-tee and yank it left and it barely hangs on. Terrible side hill lie leaves my PW well short of the green. SW landed exactly where I wanted it to, but rolls just off the back. Chutt right next to the cup for a triple. (PUKE).

+3 through 3

Bogey on the first. Second shot flew the green & missed my par.

Hole #2 another dog leg left

46a4f5683e17f5697e93899ebabb3b8d.jpg

2nd shot hit the green. Birdie putt burnt the edge, par score. +1 thru 2

Hole 3, 200 yd carry

e0cde0fc16de1eb4f2f24d79d5447755.jpg

THP Live Round thread!

Hole 13: downhill par 3; shot the flag at 165; played a 9 iron pin high, but a little out to the right and ended up pin high in the second cut of fringe. Decided to play a bump and run with my hybrid, because I do that all the time; and stabbed it. Then hit it to 5 feet and missed the putt. Double Bogey.

+5 through 4

Last edited:
THP Live Round thread!

14 hole: Drive down the left side about 6 inches off the fairway. PW from 134 to 12 feet and BOOM.

OH HOW THE BIRDIES LOVE-ME-LOVE-ME-LOVE-ME.

+4 through 5

Bogey on 3 with a crappy approach. +2 thru 3

#4 par 5 slight dog leg right for second shot
7241c3422b2fbafa71d3cdba3e7925bb.jpg

Missed birdie and made par.

Hole #5 pretty straight with bunkers guarding the green

8bb14621790b20c615a22e15a3a2e4b5.jpg

Get one back Mike!

2 putt par and still +2 thru 5

Par three 6th

07f31522efc2367fcaaeb51431c8f022.jpg

THP Live Round thread!

Hole 15: uphill par 5. Pushed my tee shot into the trees right and got the biggest help luck kick out into the fairway ever. Capitalize right? No. Good layup 8 iron to the middle of the fairway (didn't like my angle or lie to go for it). And then buried my 9 iron into the ground:

f888855d7f46e70ed83ac52c221d3bed.jpg

Then hit a fat SW onto the front of the green and three-putted to the back pin for double.

Nice hole jack wagon…

+6 I think through 6

Hole played 143, 8i to about 15 ft..... Draino!!

+1 thru 6... Par 5 7th coming up

62b43f245078444aab29b7501f50de02.jpg

16th hole: yanked my 5 deep through the dogleg of the fairway into a bunker. Then went from the fairway bunker into the greenside bunker; then that greenside bunker into another greenside bunker…then missed a 4 footer for another double.

+8 through 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back