THP Northeast Golf Outing (aka Quint State)

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Okay, Def Con and Diane nudged me on this. Diane and I had bandied about the Quint State Classic next spring, and I suppose we should start thinking about it.

Quint would equal Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Plus anyone else who wants to drive.

I'm thinking about Farmstead Golf Club, in northwest New Jersey, but am certainly open to other ideas. It's a lot more affordable than, say, Crystal Springs.

Thoughts, suggestions, brickbats all welcome.

Farmstead looks nice Claire, and it would be conveniently located for everyone in the mid-Atlantic/Northeast.

Claire,
I mentioned this to TheDue in his thread. If there is a good turnout, I will do what I can to make sure we get some THP gifts up there or products to try. Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Thanks. I keep thinking Westchester County might be ideal--Farmstead may not be that easy to get to from the north--but I don't think we have anyone here who plays Westchester regularly enough to know a good spot. Diane, possibly?

Looking forward to hearing more about this. It's definitely too far for me but I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Any of these could work, though chances are we're not going to get enough of us to constitute an outing. Which do you like best?

Centennial is more expensive. We should find out what people are willing to pay for greens fees.

Centennial is more expensive. We should find out what people are willing to pay for greens fees.

The links one looks like fun, and it's the cheapest.

I am putting a post in here to subscribe to the thread. I am interested, if I can make it. Westchester County would work quite well for me.

I love it how Rhode Island got snubbed, presumably because it would make for an awkward name for the event?

I am putting a post in here to subscribe to the thread. I am interested, if I can make it. Westchester County would work quite well for me.

I love it how Rhode Island got snubbed, presumably because it would make for an awkward name for the event?

I don't think we have anyone from Rhode Island on the board, but if we do, you are welcome to rename it. :angel:

I say the event should be renamed!

I wonder if we even have a member from Rhode Island?

Is Rhode Island big enough for a golf course?

And executive course maybe. Or perhaps a nine hole track.

I wonder if we even have a member from Rhode Island?

If we do, he or she hasn't said so. That's why Diane and I carefully called this the Quint State Classic.

If we do, he or she hasn't said so. That's why Diane and I carefully called this the Quint State Classic.

This is partially why I thought we should wait until it was fully planned to tell everyone.

This is partially why I thought we should wait until it was fully planned to tell everyone.

Well, but if we get a reasonably sized group, we need a lot of lead time. i tend to overplan and reverse engineer things. I've always said I can do anything with enough advance notice.

Well, but if we get a reasonably sized group, we need a lot of lead time. i tend to overplan and reverse engineer things. I've always said I can do anything with enough advance notice.

I'm going to leave the overplanning in your very capable hands. I'm happy to help with anything else though.

I'm going to leave the overplanning in your very capable hands. I'm happy to help with anything else though.

You're the one who does the actual booking and dealing with golf courses. I may lean on you heavily.

My May is already looking nuts. I we do that month, it would have to be before Boo's birthday (on the 20th). Or into June.

Are we thinking weekday or weekend? What do potential participants favor?

You're the one who does the actual booking and dealing with golf courses. I may lean on you heavily.

My May is already looking nuts. I we do that month, it would have to be before Boo's birthday (on the 20th). Or into June.

Not a problem - I'm happy to do that. June is probably better. How about a Saturday with a first tee time of around 11am followed by dinner? People can drive in the morning and then go home after.

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread with my stupid wise-crack.

I would pay a couple of hundred, but would prefer cheaper than that. I don't think playing a reasonably priced course would dampen the fun of the event, and it would probably bring more members in. I have no idea what the typical greens-fees are near the center of Quint State.

Weekend for me.

Back