THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Yup. Have to try it for sure. I'm psyched about playing.

I was wondering Rob, do you think we should tweet out a bunch of photos from different parts of the course, or should we leave them hanging?

Yes, tweet. And post in the live round thread also. Don't forget your hashtags! :D

Just remember you played straight Pinehurst, the modified is a bit different (easier)

Easier.....hahaha dude Golf is hard!

I have 2 spots open for Brambleton GC Saturday March 12th @ 7:09am if anyone is available for some team building.

Anyone, anyone?

I'll take Golfinnut's place, unless two of your fellow TeaMV mates step up.

We had stupid annual ladder safety training yesterday. Of course it had to be on the nicest day of the year.

Lots of gorgeous days ahead of us.

Just remember you played straight Pinehurst, the modified is a bit different (easier)

I like easier.

So you guys see the first two formats.

Thoughts? What kind of partner would be best for you and your game?

2 points on the line is a lot different that 1 point per 9.

Someone who has a similar game to mine off the tee would work in shamble. For modified pinehurst someone that can keep the ball out of trouble. But I feel I can partner with just about anyone

a tad too early in the morning for that drive for me.

Actually playing in MD Saturday. Thanks though. I was going to let you know later tonight

No worries!

So you guys see the first two formats. Thoughts? What kind of partner would be best for you and your game? 2 points on the line is a lot different that 1 point per 9.

My only requirement in a partner is someone who is happy and enjoys the game. Rest will take care of itself.

Nobody stepped up, have a local friend joining so the last spot is yours JohnSinVA.

So you guys see the first two formats.

Thoughts? What kind of partner would be best for you and your game?

2 points on the line is a lot different that 1 point per 9.

Only real requirement - someone who is positive, even in the face of adversity!! The rest is gravy!!!

For the Shamble - someone who is long and straight off the tee would be great. I'm pretty straight with my driver but not overly long!
Modified Pinehurst - Same kind of deal. Maybe someone who is good with mid irons!

Captain you pick and we'll (me and my partner) find a way to get it done. Maybe this should wait until we get to play together??? Don't know if JB is going to give us that much time though!

Played 18 today. I played from the blues when I usually play from the whites but my tournament this weekend has me playing from there. I hit my driver like dog doo for the first few holes again. I was completely over swinging and getting out of sync. Shot a 48 on the front with some sloppy play. I settled down on the back which plays harder and longer and the wind was in my face on half the holes. I mustered up a 44 on the back for a 92. We'll see how my game holds up under tournament conditions this weekend.

Okay captains, start thinking about those first round pairings.
What you need to know...
Front 9 is a Shamble
Back 9 is a modified Pinehurst

They will be played as an 18 hole match, with two points on the line instead of 1.

Captains will turn in their pairings (when asked for) in any order they want as the matchups for round 1 will be random draw for opponents. Matches are handicapped with each 9 being different. Shamble is done on a 75% number and modified pinehurst is done on a 50% number.

Good luck captains and while no date is out yet on when they are needed, start thinking about them soon.

I'll have to do some research. With my total lack of tournament experience, I have no idea what either of these are....

edit.... I like both of these since iI can piggy back on my partners drives. As long as I get teamed up with someone that can drive the ball a respectable distance. Driving distance is definitely a weakness for me at this point in my game. I really need to work on this.....

Anyone up for a round with t2g and myself on Sat at Musket Ridge? looking to play about 1030

Damn... I already commited to playing Whiskey Creek at 8:45... Let me see if anything has changed.

Okay captains, start thinking about those first round pairings.
What you need to know...
Front 9 is a Shamble
Back 9 is a modified Pinehurst

They will be played as an 18 hole match, with two points on the line instead of 1.

Captains will turn in their pairings (when asked for) in any order they want as the matchups for round 1 will be random draw for opponents. Matches are handicapped with each 9 being different. Shamble is done on a 75% number and modified pinehurst is done on a 50% number.

Good luck captains and while no date is out yet on when they are needed, start thinking about them soon.

Haha it's getting warmer in here!

I don't have any specific needs to be met in terms of a partner other than someone who realizes that I can play like I know what I'm doing for 3 holes... lose it for 5... get it back for 2... lose it again for 4... and then finish strong.

Ahhh... life as a 17 handicap.

I'm working... that's for sure. Results are either there (like Friday when I shot 40) or not (like today when I shot 56 on the same track).

I'm finally comfortable with my irons... mostly. I still have to occasional pull out of nowhere that plagues me. My bigger concern is off the tee. If I can get that wrinkle ironed out, I'll be alright!

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Anyone up for a round with t2g and myself on Sat at Musket Ridge? looking to play about 1030

Still need to play that track. PB Dye is a goat rope.

Partners... let's see... maybe someone who keeps it in the fairway off the tee. Doesn't have to be overly long just playable. Every once and a while I can un-cork one relatively deep. It's just as likely to un-cork over the trees and off the golf course though, so someone more consistent is a help.

Got to play with CAA_Beat today at RNK. Thanks Rob, had a great time. I intended on posting a bunch of photos on Twitter, but due to a corrupt app and spotty coverage, I was unable to do so. I did take photos though and will post them tomorrow.

It was a tough day out there, really windy. The course is exposed and it was hard to flight the ball. I went 38-39, 2 birds on 9 and 17 and a double on 2. I used my new putter and I love it. Had a really good putting day despite a couple of lip outs and leaving 2 just inches short.

My driver was on. I am really happy considering this is my second round with an entire new bag of club's and the first round with a new putter.

Dormant Bermuda fairways were a little disappointing, RNK used to overseed.

Rob is a great guy to play with for those who have not had the honor.

Got to play with CAA_Beat today at RNK. Thanks Rob, had a great time. I intended on posting a bunch of photos on Twitter, but due to a corrupt app and spotty coverage, I was unable to do so. I did take photos though and will post them tomorrow.

It was a tough day out there, really windy. The course is exposed and it was hard to flight the ball. I went 38-39, 2 birds on 9 and 17 and a double on 2. I used my new putter and I love it. Had a really good putting day despite a couple of lip outs and leaving 2 just inches short.

My driver was on. I am really happy considering this is my second round with an entire new bag of club's and the first round with a new putter.

Awesome. Glad you guys got out to play can't wait to hear more about what you thought of the course. Nice shooting also!

nice round for a "tough day"

That's impressive! Is that a typical round or just a great day?

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

How many putts?
How did the short game hold up?
What caused the double?

And please find the what did you shoot thread. That's a more appropriate place to discuss the round itself.

And playing with THPers thread

As far as a partner, anyone will do just fine - I'm not picky. A strong iron player will complement my game, however.

I just want to have fun (and win, of course).

I got in a nice range session today, worked primarily on alignment and a little shot shaping. Also worked with the long irons a touch.

Then hit the short game area for some work on standard pitches to many different points. Everything was starting off a little further right than I would have liked, but distance control was good. I can work with that.

Back