THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Captains question...describe your idea of the perfect teammember.

Here is my question for the captains: What is your favorite beer/drink/beverage? I want to be able to buy the winning captain a celebratory drink.

That's why Captains should tee off last. That way they are there for every group cheering them on and well. .. being Captain

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If we go out first we can go back out after the round and cheer teams on during matches.

what is the distance that you prefer to approach the green for par3,4,5s that give you a good chance at birdie

You really have to define what a good chance a birdie is; i would say a good chance at birdie is a 15 foot putt. So, to have a "good" change at birdie probably 140 and in on 3s and 4s. I'll extend out to 230ish for par 5's since I will be going for the green in 2 based on how the trouble looks around the green.

Here is my question for the captains: What is your favorite beer/drink/beverage? I want to be able to buy the winning captain a celebratory drink.

Dark beer.

Outside of the captains picks, what do the captains see as the biggest challenge during the day before or day of the event

I'm pretty much the same way as Ron. Shifting gears into player mode.

Captains question...describe your idea of the perfect teammember.

Someone who has walked to walk during the entire process. Learned something new about themselves, their game, and/or THP. A person who in the end will be proud to have had the opportunity to represent, and look forward to the next time. And has fun doing it all.

Question for the captains on strategy.....

With different formats in play...do you prefer to play the weaker/harder format first or save that format for the end. For example, would you prefer to lead off with alternate shot, or shambles if given the choice?

With different formats in play...do you prefer to play the weaker/harder format first or save that format for the end. For example, would you prefer to lead off with alternate shot, or shambles if given the choice?

Great question buddy. We won't get a choice on formats or when they're played. But if it was up to me. I'd like to see Alt shot go first.

Another question for the captains:

Your team is behind after the first round....how do you inspire your team for a comeback or is it important?

If we had to do alt shot I would prefer it first.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Another question for the captains:

Your team is behind after the first round....how do you inspire your team for a comeback or is it important?
Yes it's important. But honestly for me it's nothing scripted, it would be something from the heart that would fit the bill.

Yes it's important. But honestly for me it's nothing scripted, it would be something from the heart that would fit the bill.

I recommend the flying elbow smash.
Fear to motivate. I like it!

Question for the captains.
You know its a team event.
Meaning partners. Are you the type that prefers keeping players together for multiple rounds or splitting them up to change things?

Back