THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I'll be your Huckleberry!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You and UVAWahoo would be a frightening team in shamble format.

Like many others I enjoy Shamble most, of course the only two times I've played it, I was paired with two guys who routinely knock on the 300 yard door. So having a GW into most holes was fun :D

Next favorite would be Fourball (better ball) as you get to play your own ball and feel you can really help contribute.

I'm not saying it's totally ruled out, but it's unlikely with this being a 27-36 hole event.

Could do a 6-6-6 format with 6 holes as partners, and then 6 against each of the opponents in individual match play or stroke play.

I'd aim for the dogleg and have a slight draw into the fairway. Being a lefty, it should put me right at the bottom of the 75ft incline to the green.

Playing catch up I see. Hope to see you as a regular going forward.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77291

This COULD be you! But WILL it be you? Why you over one of your Teammates?

While this would be the opportunity of a lifetime, and I'm going to do my best to be chosen, I feel there are others in the DMV that are more deserving of the MVP title at the moment. I would just be honored to be chosen. If I'm not chosen, then no worries, I'm sure there will be other opportunities down the road for me to participate in :D

Has anyone seen the Carolinian team? I'll bet they're practicing.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the Carolinian team? I'll bet their practicing.
I've played 3 times this week and have a tee time for tomorrow.

Grinder selling aside (I have seen it all on THP now ha)

Curious what all you guys feel about giving or receiving pops?

How do you deal with giving them to a person or a team?

Do you approach a hole any different if you are giving a stroke?

And if you expect to get them how do you take advantage of them?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Curious what all you guys feel about giving or receiving pops?
No feelings about it. If that's what everyone has agreed upon, then I'm ok with it.

How do you deal with giving them to a person or a team?
I just play my game the best I can regardless if strokes are given.

Do you approach a hole any different if you are giving a stroke?
Nope, I just try and win every hole.

And if you expect to get them how do you take advantage of them?
I focus even harder and make sure I don't screw the hole up.

Think my wife just might divorce me if played 4 times in a week.

Her Father is a golfer, her Mother was, and her Grandfather was a club pro. Golf is accepted in this family.

Her Father is a golfer, her Mother was, and her Grandfather was a club pro. Golf is accepted in this family.

Sounds like you hit the golfing lottery!

Is it to late to ask does she have a sister

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen the Carolinian team? I'll bet they're practicing.

i think everyone is doing some kind of prep. i have been looking at the holes to figure out the best way to play them. Having played the course last week, it makes it easier to convert the 2D images to 3D. That being said, practice and prep are great but you will still have to hit the shots and be able to execute. On second thought, maybe they are just hiding :confused2:

So, I will finally be able to get to the range tomorrow to get some full swing practice. Still keeping up with the daily chipping and putting in the basement, but probably won't be able till play till next weekend at best (youngest son bday on Sunday and 30 degrees on Monday).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So answer this one honestly because it is a tough one.

What is the one thing you are most concerned with leading up to this event? (It could be a part of your game, It could be course management, Could be the strength of the other team, maybe playing 36 holes in one day etc. ) Also what are you doing or planning to do to minimize your concern?

I'm not concerned about playing 36 in a day (up until last year, I played the Solstice tourney which was 54 holes in one day) nor the strength of the other team (since I know the DMV will prevail). I am concerned that I won't be able to ramp my game up to where I want it to be in order to contribute to the team. In order to address this issue, I'm going to kick up my personal fitness level (read that as weight loss, and more cardio exercises) and definitely more practice - whether at the range, on course or in my basement chipping and putting.

New question:

How will you handle the "good - good" (giving of a putt) while playing in this event? Do you have a strategy to using them.

I think it will depend on how the match is going, how my opponent is playing and how well I'm playing. Early in the round, I may give a putt within the leather, but depending on how the match progresses, may not be so generous. Still, I want to honor the spirit of the game and the spirit of THP that prevails in this RR.

Is it something you would normally talk it ver with your partner prior to the round or is it something you'd figure out as you go.

I would think that talking it over with your partner before the start of the round is a must so that both of you are on the same page. But, there should be some freedom given during the round depending on how the round is going.

When playing with a partner what kind of things do you want to hear from your partner? How much information do you give your partner?

The power of being partners is helping each other out. Before the start of the round, I would want to discuss how much he wants to hear from me and I from him. Just like in real life, a successful partnership works through strong communication. If he doesn't want me to give him advice I won't give it, but we're all working for a common goal of winning the RR for the DMV so working together is the best bet. I would want my partner to help me as much as he can. Working as a team, I know we'll be able to win the matches.

What about yardages, reading putts, or where you would like to be for your next shot in an alt shot format?

I'd absolutely love to communicate this type of information. The more informed my team is, the greater the chance of success!

So, I will finally be able to get to the range tomorrow to get some full swing practice. Still keeping up with the daily chipping and putting in the basement, but probably won't be able till play till next weekend at best (youngest son bday on Sunday and 30 degrees on Monday).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have a spot open at compasse pt tomorrow if you want to play!

Don where is Compass Pointe?

Don where is Compass Pointe?

b80639a51d7c70a8ba69d45a7255dbcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back