THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Played Compass Ponte with Greg ( g $$$ ) course was a bit rough outside the fairways & greens, and very wet...but had a great time. Hit 12 fairways, problem was there was basically 0 roll. Hitting out of the fairways was an issue as it was soaked, but I am confident on a normal day I would have scored even better than I did. The greens were good for this time of the year.

Played Compass Ponte with Greg ( g $$$ ) course was a bit rough outside the fairways & greens, and very wet...but had a great time. Hit 12 fairways, problem was there was basically 0 roll. Hitting out of the fairways was an issue as it was soaked, but I am confident on a normal day I would have scored even better than I did. The greens were good for this time of the year.

Winter golf royally sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went in with a wish list and they loved every single thing on it
That's pretty awesome! Can't wait to take the first step and get in the rivalry event.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Beats zero golf.

Spent some time out in the yard doing wedge work. Had mixed results hitting out of some interesting lies and shaggy growth.

Beats zero golf.

Spent some time out in the yard doing wedge work. Had mixed results hitting out of some interesting lies and shaggy growth.

Keep at it ... you won't have to run the lawn mower come Spring.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Better than no golf at all but I understand your point. Conditions are very difficult.

Better than no golf at all but I understand your point. Conditions are very difficult.

True statement. I tend to get seasonal depression during the cold months

Spent about two hours today working on distance control with my wedges and putting ( took a full shoulder turn for 30 ft putt).

Lol

Keep at it ... you won't have to run the lawn mower come Spring.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No but I may have to rent a hydro seeder

That's a fun track, glad you were able to get out

Got in a round with a buddy today. Very wet but I was able to hit my irons very well and most attempts to shape went very well. Most importantly, I averaged less than 2 putts per hole.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Got in a round with a buddy today. Very wet but I was able to hit my irons very well and most attempts to shape went very well. Most importantly, I averaged less than 2 putts per hole.

Score? What did you focus on today? Averaged less than two putts, any 3 jacks?

Score? What did you focus on today? Averaged less than two putts, any 3 jacks?

The full court press, I love it. The score was an 88 (GHIN says I played as a 14.1 for the round). My focus today was course management due to the heavy rain last night and thick rough, eliminating penalties, and putting.

No lost balls - one three putt - 2 one putts (one for birdie). The score could have been much better in better conditions (a few mud balls and soggy rough shorted and disrupted a few approaches). The driver was touch and go to start but settled in after a few holes. Irons were mostly solid and improved as I got adjusted to the conditions.

The one area that wasn't up to snuff today was my chipping. I needed to leave myself shorter putts in some situations. Not really sure why my touch wasn't better today but it isn't typically like this so I'll press on and just work on it.

The full court press, I love it. The score was an 88 (GHIN says I played as a 14.1 for the round). My focus today was course management due to the heavy rain last night and thick rough, eliminating penalties, and putting.

No lost balls - one three putt - 2 one putts (one for birdie). The score could have been much better in better conditions (a few mud balls and soggy rough shorted and disrupted a few approaches). The driver was touch and go to start but settled in after a few holes. Irons were mostly solid and improved as I got adjusted to the conditions.

The one area that wasn't up to snuff today was my chipping. I needed to leave myself shorter putts in some situations. Not really sure why my touch wasn't better today but it isn't typically like this so I'll press on and just work on it.

the reason I asked those questions is because I want everyone playing with a purpose during the offseason while we have the weather. No reason to just play aimlessly with out goals and objectives in mind.

good work today buddy

the reason I asked those questions is because I want everyone playing with a purpose during the offseason while we have the weather. No reason to just play aimlessly with out goals and objectives in mind.

good work today buddy

Agreed. Can't get better if you don't have a strategy. The bad weather really makes me grind to stay at or near my handicap no matter what it takes.

What did you work on? I know I pretty much figured out i really not need to ponder iron shafts.

the focus with irons was to make ball fist solid contact which comes from my two main focuses at the moment tempo and weight shift. Went thru the bag with 54,pw,8,6,4h to get loose then took the 6i and worked on keeping from overswinging.

After I felt comfortable with my iron swing I wanted to see if I could get those things transferred to driver because that has been a hit or miss lately. I got to a point where swings were all over the place so I put driver away and went back to my plan to finish the session off with wedges to targets and to see where the land on chip shots. I hit 50 balls with 54,50 and pw from 50-100 yds. And 8 balls with 58 from 30-60

I always try to play and practice with a purpose. I know that during the offseason I am working on tightening up my iron swing to minimize my left right misses and my short game; mostly short game. I have been been off when I miss greens and as a result putting up some bad scores. I know the short game is there because I have had a few weeks where my game is on. Even though it will be cold I am hoping to get out to the course tomorrow.

I always try to play and practice with a purpose. I know that during the offseason I am working on tightening up my iron swing to minimize my left right misses and my short game; mostly short game. I have been been off when I miss greens and as a result putting up some bad scores. I know the short game is there because I have had a few weeks where my game is on. Even though it will be cold I am hoping to get out to the course tomorrow.

I like it, keep working dude, post it up in the practice thread or the round thread. But keep getting in the reps

I was thinking about this last night and interested to see what you all think, I coach ice hockey at the high school level and I like to write out practice plans for each practice. I do this for a couple reasons to keep track of what we have done but after the season and prepping for the next season I like to review the time table.

That brings me to this competition will you write out your practice plan and goals? If not how will you keep track of your progress as you prepare for this event?

It is nice of True Temper to sponsor all of the RR events. How many of you have their shafts in your current clubs (the ones you are actually playing for all you club ho's out there :act-up:)

All my irons and wedges are TT shafted. PX 5.5 in the irons and wedge flex in the wedges. I even think the putter has a True Temper shaft in it.

I was thinking about this last night and interested to see what you all think, I coach ice hockey at the high school level and I like to write out practice plans for each practice. I do this for a couple reasons to keep track of what we have done but after the season and prepping for the next season I like to review the time table.

That brings me to this competition will you write out your practice plan and goals? If not how will you keep track of your progress as you prepare for this event?

good thought Crester, keeps people focused.

Most likely not, I'll keep track of my progress by how close I hit it to the hole lol. For me this event is all about fun and great golf with good people, I will never let a competition disrupt my passion for golf again. If I make the big leagues so be it, I'll work as hard as I can to bring my best at that time, if I don't? so be it.

good thought Crester, keeps people focused.
Just something that works for me, definitely not for everyone but to each their own.

Back