THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

New England Hopefuls: Now that we're in 2016, and signups are not too far off, I'll be posting some questions hopefully this afternoon or evening to get a better idea of everyone's game. While I've played with a number of you, there are a lot I haven't.

In the meantime, I like what tpluff suggested in the MI/OH thread. True Temper is our sponsor for this event, so go to shaftfit.com and see what is suggested for you. For me, I got-

Irons: DGS300 - no surprise here, that's what I got fit for recently
Woods: PX TourV 52 5.5 - Can't say I've ever tried this one, though from the sounds of it, it would be a profile and weight I'd like.

I'll do this soon- tonight hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irons are PX 6.5 as that is the only iron shaft I play. Woods will be interesting

I posted this in the other RR thread, so figured I would do it here too.

True story on how this came about.

I went to Memphis and sat down with their team at the Ridgeway center. I said we have something called Regional Rivalry (which was pitched to another large OEM, and they said "It doesnt move the needle" and I literally laughed out loud because I showed them the numbers (over 600 million impressions) and they looked at me in disbelief. So I am talking with True Temper and explaining our vision and they were just nodding with every step.

The MVP part literally hit me while I was sitting there. I said GolferGal and myself will fly 3 people to True Temper and you guys just show them the time of their lives. They loved it. They have added some great ideas to the actual events and have been a wonderful partner. While THP Regional Rivalry is not the grand multiple day events that we have on the schedule, it is taking a single day event, and making it something unique. Putting them on top notch golf courses, making selection criteria be what it is and adding the MVP to it, that stretches the event out to last virtually all year long.

We are so excited about this because we know THPers still wanted single day events, but our goal was to make sure they were very different than a group of guys getting together for golf. Nobody needs THP for that and we love that that will happen all over the place this year. One of the people at True Temper summed it up best, with this sentence "Combining online with reality in a cost effective way that still offers the impossible". I liked that and told her we will steal it.

Bumping because it's freaking awesome

THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Really interesting. In the iron fitting - no surprise. PX 6.5. Woods - out of left field. Grafalloy Bimatrx x flex. I might have to get my hands on one of these to check it out. I never would have thought about that one.

What is your current handicap or your average score?
at the moment 7.9. It is consistently between a 5.5 and an 8.

What is your target for event time? How do you plan on getting there?
back to a 6 or better.

What are your strengths on the course? I think I am fun to play with. Im eternally optimistic. I have ice water in my veins haha

What are your weaknesses? How do you work around them?
Short game, but its serviceable

Describe the courses you play most often.
Tight and elevated. But fair.
Do you tend to be a conservative or aggressive player?
I play to the course but tend to be more aggressive.

What is your favorite team format? Why? Stroke or match, but ill play anything. No reason for either.
What type of golfer do you think you'd best be paired up with?
someone who is somewhat less aggressive but knows when to take chances. has fun all the time.

In a competitive match, are you "all business", one to kid around and socialize, or somewhere in between?
Both. I like to win but I socialize the entire time. I love good golf shots regardless of who hits them- me, my teammate or my opponent.

Why should I pick you? I'm a gamer. When the lights are the brightest, I play my best. See the Morgan Cup history for record :)

at the moment 7.9. It is consistently between a 5.5 and an 8.

back to a 6 or better.

What are your strengths on the course? I think I am fun to play with. Im eternally optimistic. I have ice water in my veins haha

Short game, but its serviceable

Describe the courses you play most often.
Tight and elevated. But fair.
Do you tend to be a conservative or aggressive player?
I play to the course but tend to be more aggressive.

What is your favorite team format? Why? Stroke or match, but ill play anything. No reason for either.
What type of golfer do you think you'd best be paired up with?
someone who is somewhat less aggressive but knows when to take chances. has fun all the time.

In a competitive match, are you "all business", one to kid around and socialize, or somewhere in between?
Both. I like to win but I socialize the entire time. I love good golf shots regardless of who hits them- me, my teammate or my opponent.

Why should I pick you? I'm a gamer. When the lights are the brightest, I play my best. See the Morgan Cup history for record :)

Good thing you won't have to play myself and Trouter in this one then! :alien: sorry buddy I had to! You know I love ya! lol!!

New England: As promised, here are some questions that (I hope) will help me get a better feel for the folks I haven't had a chance to meet in person. If you're interested in playing, please PM me your answers (even if I know you). Feel free to post them in the thread, but I'd just like a PM so I can track these down easier and I don't miss anyone.

New York/New Jersey, feel free to answer as well, I'm just going to assume everything's part of a disinformation campaign :alien:

Thanks!

--

8hcp average score about 77-78
my goal is a 6 just have to work on lag putts
What are your strengths on the course?
Wedges chipping
Sometimes can be wild off the tee but am working on a choke down stinger
Describe the courses you play most often. About 6500 yards with 4 long par 3s between 180-220. Fast greens average difficulty. Would have to look up the course rating.
Do you tend to be a conservative or aggressive player? I'm mainly conservative but if I'm playing well I can become a little more aggressive. I've learned to take my medicine when I need to.

What is your favorite team format? Why? I like alternate shot because it's the most difficult team event and I love the challenge.
What type of golfer do you think you'd best be paired up with? I think I'd be best paired up with an aggressive golfer one who makes a fair share of birdies but with his aggressive argyle makes a few bogeys along the way too because I make more pars then anything.
i would say I'm somewhere in between. I'm all business when trying to grind out a par that matters but can let loose also.

Finally, stealing this from 441 since I love how blunt it is
Why should I pick you?
ive never played in a tho event and I just joined. I remember you saying you got picked early on when you first became a member and it really helped you in the community. I'm looking for that same chance and I'm one hell of a competitor. I love to have the pressure on me especially if something is on the line.

here ya go cap hopefully we get a chance to tee it up!

What is your current handicap or your average score? I usually shoot in the 87-90 range
What is your target for event time? How do you plan on getting there? ​By June I'm hoping to be a consistent 85, I don't get too much practice time during mid January to early May because of the school semester, so a big change would be unrealistic.
What are your strengths on the course? ​Some strengths are imagination to help with shots if stuck in an odd spot, and my wedge game
What are your weaknesses? How do you work around them? definitely my bunker game, and because there is always room for improvement in chipping I will list it as a weakness too
Describe the courses you play most often. Layout/yardage/difficulty: I usually play on a course that is 6100 yards, Par 70. difficulty changes with time of year but it is never over the top difficult.
Do you tend to be a conservative or aggressive player? If different across aspects of the game, feel free to split this up. I can be both depending who I'm playing with and how they are most comfortable playing, but if playing by myself I like to get myself to certain distances off the tee, if this is a conservative layup or an aggressive attack I will try to get myself to the exact distance I want.

What is your favorite team format? Why? Greensomes, allows each person to tee it up and then a team decision on how to attack the rest of the hole
What type of golfer do you think you'd best be paired up with? This can include skills, personality - anything goes. Really any golfer, I am easy to get along with and enjoy meeting new people through the game of golf
In a competitive match, are you "all business", one to kid around and socialize, or somewhere in between? Definitely an in between, I can put my head down and chug along the round and be joking and socialize in the same round.

Finally, stealing this from 441 since I love how blunt it is
Why should I pick you? I'm looking for some fun golf with a good group of people that would help build connections that will go beyond this one day of golf, and I would love to be in a match that has some bragging rights on the line

Didn't have a chance to get out this past weekend, but was able to do some putting and chipping work in my basement.

Only a few more weeks until the selections are made, can't wait for that.

hitting the sim this week with six4three5, going to be working hard indoors this year, want to be in "mid season" form by end of March to represent NY/NJ

hitting the sim this week with six4three5, going to be working hard indoors this year, want to be in "mid season" form by end of March to represent NY/NJ

Spent some time at the range today before the sideways snow started coming.

The good news (for team New England): I think I finally figured out what I was doing at the end of the season. The bad news: my "divot swing" doesn't play well with mats.

The good news (for team New England): I think I finally figured out what I was doing at the end of the season. The bad news: my "divot swing" doesn't play well with mats.

Yay for team NE

Booo for me on Saturday...

Yay for team NE

Booo for me on Saturday...

Ross simulators are the great equalizer. Who knows what can happen.

Russtopher and I will be hitting the Simulator on Sunday for our #THPCallout which will be great practice and a heck of a good time!

Russtopher and I will be hitting the Simulator on Sunday for our #THPCallout which will be great practice and a heck of a good time!

You've got that right buddy! I know you were working hard on your game when we last played together, I'm excited to see how much all those range sessions have paid off for you.

You've got that right buddy! I know you were working hard on your game when we last played together, I'm excited to see how much all those range sessions have paid off for you.

I'll bring the SwingByte along as well.

Good thing you won't have to play myself and Trouter in this one then! :alien: sorry buddy I had to! You know I love ya! lol!!

Ha! That round was interesting. But fun still!

I hate mats haha

Interesting for me too. Good thing Marc bailed me out lol.

Hahaha there were some spots I don't think anyone has ever been to on that course that Erik and I found. Specifically the maintenance shed.... Hahaha

I won't hit off them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Me neither unless it's a sim

hard to hit it fat on a sim....but if you do....well just use the same clubs in the rivalry match....lol

Back