THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

It pains me to say but I won't be in the running for this. The date falls on our anniversary weekend so I'll be following from the sidelines. Team NE, DO YOUR JOB!

I hate hearing that. Make sure you send the moonshine.

It pains me to say but I won't be in the running for this. The date falls on our anniversary weekend so I'll be following from the sidelines. Team NE, DO YOUR JOB!

:sad::angry: but :clapp: :cake:eek:n your anniversary and :drinks: on the moonshine

And now for the questions:

What is your current handicap or your average score?
Currently 9.4

What is your target for event time? How do you plan on getting there?
I would like to be below 8 at that point by wore off-season practice especially short game. I haven't practiced much in past off seasons except putting which I do every day.

What are your strengths on the course? I'm very steady with my emotions allowing me to better control my play. I'm a pretty solid ball striker and consistent driver of the ball. I have a pretty solid all around game.

What are your weaknesses? How do you work around them?
I could use a little work on my short game. It's not bad, but inconsistent. I am a pretty good iron player and putter and that takes some of the pressure off the short game. A better short game is my goal this year.

Describe the courses you play most often.
Layout/yardage/difficulty Although the course I play mostly is our county course (where my league is) is flat, open, and has few difficulties, I love to, and frequently do, play different courses and designs. I especially like layouts where options are available as that adds interest and a different approach.

Do you tend to be a conservative or aggressive player?
If different across aspects of the game, feel free to split this up. I don't think I am really either. I am a steady player but will certainly be aggressive when possible. I have a pretty straight ball flight, which boosts confidence when playing challenging and aggressive shots.

What is your favorite team format? Why? ModifiedAlternate shot.Although I've only played it a couple times, it really creates a team approach where all aspects of the game must be considered.

What type of golfer do you think you'd best be paired up with?
This can include skills, personality - anything goes. I'm even tempered so I mesh with just about any golfer, but I can be a bit talkative. I'm not a long baller but not short either, I'm a solid ball striker and pretty straight hitter. Those things usually match well with most players.

In a competitive match, are you "all business", one to kid around and socialize, or somewhere in between?
I've been told that I can look very intense. I always want to win and always play the best I have that day, but I love to play and the pleasure and fun I have on the course would only be appreciate with people like THPers.

Finally, stealing this from 441 since I love how blunt it is
Why should I pick you? I'm not really sure my feelings and answers are much different from most others. I will play to the best of my ability for my Partner and my Team. We will play hard, but we will play together and have a blast. Either way I will be following my Team and the action.

and so it seems some NY/NJ players are taking the test to get on the NE team. Unless I am missing something and mistaken perhaps we should let them know we have not a test for NY/NJ. We must be going more the bribe route, which is probably more fitting for us city folk. Or we can chose sides amongst ourselves, have a fight , and the last few standing make the team. Our see which ones of us can make the best pizzas and zeppolis..............and here we go with food again lol.... Now I am starving as I write this. Its ether the freezer for an ice cream bar or the fridge for a pear. And then dinner soon lol

Sorry, I got caught up in the emotion of the event. Although I am not opposed to taking the bribe route, it was not the intent. Fighting not necessary but a pizza bake-off sounds like a delicious idea!

and so it seems some NY/NJ players are taking the test to get on the NE team. Unless I am missing something and mistaken perhaps we should let them know we have not a test for NY/NJ. We must be going more the bribe route, which is probably more fitting for us city folk. Or we can chose sides amongst ourselves, have a fight , and the last few standing make the team. Our see which ones of us can make the best pizzas and zeppolis..............and here we go with food again lol.... Now I am starving as I write this. Its ether the freezer for an ice cream bar or the fridge for a pear. And then dinner soon lol
We were told we could participate in the test. It was like the PSAT. Figured anything we could do to infiltrate the enemy.......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The questions were really just for me (and everyone) get to know everyone's game - I wouldn't call it a test. As JB said, forum participation is king in terms of selection.

I don't think it's really giving away much anyway, as it'll be hard to find someone on either team that hasn't played with at least one person on the other :alien:

The questions were really just for me (and everyone) get to know everyone's game - I wouldn't call it a test. As JB said, forum participation is king in terms of selection.

I don't think it's really giving away much anyway, as it'll be hard to find someone on either team that hasn't played with at least one person on the other :alien:
Raises hand.

I'll be getting some matchplay practice in on a tough unknown to me course in a few weeks, never too early to start prep! I will also be prepping to consume some beverages with some friends at the same time, did someone say moonshine??

Still plenty of time before June!
I've played with a few over the last year down here. And with 24 at our Armpit Cup last year. But only one or 2 names have pope up in hear. Quite a few seemed to have disappeared, even in the local thread around me. I'll be calling a few folks out before June.

Oohh, Was not the intent of my post to have you explain why you put the questions out there. I can (looking back at my post) see where it can be taken that way but was not my intent. What I didn't recall was the offer for NY/NJ to participate in the questions and so I thought I was offering that info to those from NY/NJ who did so. But I did say "unless I am mistaken" and apparently I was.
When I did post it for the reason mentioned I just thought to make it all a bit humorous, sarcastic , and trash talk sounding. Questioning you or your intent was never my intent :)

Oohh, Was not the intent of my post to have you explain why you put the questions out there. I can (looking back at my post) see where it can be taken that way but was not my intent. What I didn't recall was the offer for NY/NJ to participate in the questions and so I thought I was offering that info to those from NY/NJ who did so. But I did say "unless I am mistaken" and apparently I was.
When I did post it for the reason mentioned I just thought to make it all a bit humorous, sarcastic , and trash talk sounding. Questioning you or your intent was never my intent :)
All in good fun. Remember skin like an alligator.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've just begun to vs active on the forum and thought...less than 50 posts and I've already made someone mad. That's just me being new and just figuring it out. After I reread your post, I thought it was humorous and understood (I hoped). All is good and a little smack never hurt anybody.

I'm stoked for this event. Great venue, sponsor and THP'ers. Who ever is selected will have a blast.

I just purchased my first house, so I'll be chipping in the yard soon. Hopefully no snow this winter so I can get out and get some quality winter golf in.

I posted this in the other RR thread, so figured I would do it here too.

True story on how this came about.

I went to Memphis and sat down with their team at the Ridgeway center. I said we have something called Regional Rivalry (which was pitched to another large OEM, and they said "It doesnt move the needle" and I literally laughed out loud because I showed them the numbers (over 600 million impressions) and they looked at me in disbelief. So I am talking with True Temper and explaining our vision and they were just nodding with every step.

The MVP part literally hit me while I was sitting there. I said GolferGal and myself will fly 3 people to True Temper and you guys just show them the time of their lives. They loved it. They have added some great ideas to the actual events and have been a wonderful partner. While THP Regional Rivalry is not the grand multiple day events that we have on the schedule, it is taking a single day event, and making it something unique. Putting them on top notch golf courses, making selection criteria be what it is and adding the MVP to it, that stretches the event out to last virtually all year long.

We are so excited about this because we know THPers still wanted single day events, but our goal was to make sure they were very different than a group of guys getting together for golf. Nobody needs THP for that and we love that that will happen all over the place this year. One of the people at True Temper summed it up best, with this sentence "Combining online with reality in a cost effective way that still offers the impossible". I liked that and told her we will steal it.

That is a fantastic way to distill it down to one sentence. Those folks who what they are doing.

I love that more people are going to get the experience that is THP team golf this year, and the MVP stuff will be special.

"Combining online with reality in a cost effective way that still offers the impossible."

Wait, this wasn't THP's mission statement this whole time??!

That's so cool that True Temper was enthusiastic right from the start. The Regional Rivalry is definitely "moving the needle"!

If that doesn't get you excited and pumped up, you don't have a pulse.

These things are very cool of THP and its awesome that TT was/is on board with it all.

Love having the back story on this! Definitely amped up for this event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back